Posted by: EQ Dev on 13 November 2019 @ 7:37 pm CST
Please post about any new bugs found in the update in the bug reports forum: https://everquest.com/bugs. Reminder the Bug Reports section is not for discussions about anything other than bugs and how we can reproduce (and therefore fix) them.
Posted by: EQ Dev on 12 November 2019 @ 1:03 pm CST
This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-11-12-2019-patch-notes-and-discussions.260717/">Patch notes and discussions thread
Posted by: EQ Dev on 12 November 2019 @ 1:02 pm CST
November 12, 2019
*** Spells ***
- Corrected an issue where bards couldn't interrupt spells if they were not originally bard songs.
*** AA ***
- All - The First, Second, and Third Spire abilities for each class have been consolidated into a single Spire.
- - - Spire buffs that offer different effects for the caster and the caster's group have been renamed 'Apex of _' while the self-targeted buffs from spires remain 'Spire of _'.
- - - Adjusted the majority of spire buffs to reduce stacking conflicts.
- - - Berserker - Changed the name of the spire from 'Savagery' to 'of the Juggernaut'.
- - - Cleric - Changed the name of the spire from 'Divinity' to 'of the Vicar'.
- - - Monk - Removed the triggered Rising/Waning buffs and included the benefits of the Rising Focus as part of the combined spire buff. Increased the melee mitigation percentage of Sensei's Guard.
- - - Necromancer - Tripled the base damage of the pet proc and changed the effect from damage over time to a direct damage lifetap.
- - - Paladin - Changed the name of the spire from 'Holiness' to 'Chivalry'.
- All - Ranks 1-3 of Mental Fortitude have been renamed Adamant Will for all classes. The functionality of the ability is unchanged.
- - - Bard - Consolidated Belltone Mind, Fluid March, and The Show Must Go On into a bard specific version of Adamant Will with new ranks 1-3 and refunded ranks 1-3 of the general class Adamant Will.
- - - Monk - Renamed Agile Feet to a monk specific version of Adamant Will with new ranks 1-3 and refunded ranks 1-3 of the general class Adamant Will.
- - - Paladin - Renamed Defender's Defiance to a paladin specific version of Adamant Will with new ranks 1-3 and refunded ranks 1-3 of the general class Adamant Will.
- - - Shadowknight - Renamed Dreadlord's Defiance to a shadowknight specific version of Adamant Will with new ranks 1-3 and refunded ranks 1-3 of the general class Adamant Will.
- - - Warrior - Renamed Myrmidon's Defiance to a warrior specific version of Adamant Will with new ranks 1-3 and refunded ranks 1-3 of the general class Adamant Will.
- - Bard - Removed all ranks of Focus: Denon's Dirge of Disruption and moved the effects of this group to the equivalent ranks of Focus: Brusco's Burning Call.
- - Berserker - Focus: Axe of Numicia has been renamed Focus: Axe of the Aeons and now improves the base damage of both the Axe of Numicia and Axe of the Aeons combat ability lines.
- - Berserker - Consolidated Throwing Mastery, Juggernaut's Mastery of Throwing, and Juggernaut's Weapon Mastery into a single ability line named Weapon Mastery of the Juggernaut.
- - Cleric - Consolidated Vehement Recompense to be ranks of Recourse of Life. Improved the healing and rune offered by all ranks of Recourse of Life and changed all ranks to trigger off of either direct damage or stun spells within a 10 level range of the equivalent rank's expansion level cap. The protection offered by this ability now guards against both spell and melee damage.
- - Druid - Removed all ranks of Peaceful Spirit of the Wood and Peaceful Convergence of Spirits. The standard (non-peaceful) versions of these abilities have been changed to trigger an additional blockable damage shield buff named Spiritwood Spikes.
- - Druid - Added additional ranks to Dire Charm that allow animals to be charmed without the chance to break for up to 6 minutes.
- - Magician - Focus: Fickle Conflagration has been renamed Focus: Capricious Fire and now includes the Chaotic Fire line of spells.
- - Magician - All ranks of Elemental Conversion have been changed to return 33% of the damage dealt to your summoned pet as mana rather than returning mana as a separate spell effect. The health/mana values for each rank are unchanged.
- - Monk - Increased the value of all ranks of Combat Fury.
- - Monk - Removed all ranks of Improved Step Pattern and moved the effects of this group to the equivalent ranks of Improved Synergy.
- - Monk - Consolidated Disciple of the Tonfa and Disciple of the Katori into a single ability line named Weapon Mastery of the Katori.
- - Necromancer - Added additional ranks to Dire Charm that allow undead creatures to be charmed without the chance to break for up to 6 minutes.
- - Necromancer - Removed all ranks of Focus: Vollmondnacht Orb and moved the effects of this group to the equivalent ranks of Focus: Impose for Blood.
- - Paladin - Consolidated Improved Blunted Blade Strike to be ranks 17-21 of Blessing of Light.
- - Paladin - Consolidated Two-Handed Bash, Immobilizing Bash, Vicious Smash, and the improved stun effect for bash attacks from Overpowering Strikes into a single ability line named Improved Bash. The resist modifier improvements offered by Overpowering Strikes are now integrated as new ranks of Improved Stuns.
- - Paladin - Consolidated Weapon Mastery of the Knight and Valiant Blade into a single ability line named Weapon Mastery of the Knight. This was done by replacing Valiant Blade with ranks of the shadowknight equivalent line Bloodthirsty Blade, resulting in earlier ranks of Weapon Mastery of the Knight now being available to the paladin class.
- - Ranger - The damage shield component of Convergence of Spirits will now apply as a separate blockable buff named Spiritwood Spikes.
- - Ranger - Consolidated Archery Mastery, Bow Mastery, Close Combat Mastery, and Scout's Weapon Mastery into a single ability line named Weapon Mastery of the Scout.
- - Rogue - Fixed an error with ranks 5-6 of Focus: Exuberant Dagger-Throw that prevented Forceful Dagger-Throw from being focused.
- - Rogue - Consolidated Assassin's Weapon Mastery, Rake's Powerful Aim, and Weighted Strikes into a single ability line named Weapon Mastery of the Assassin.
- - Shadowknight - Consolidated ranks 1-5 of Improved Spite of Ronak to be ranks 16-20 of Soul Abrasion.
- - Shadowknight - Consolidated Two-Handed Bash, Immobilizing Bash, Vicious Smash, and the improved stun effect for bash attacks from the cleric/paladin ability Overpowering Strikes into a single ability line named Improved Bash.
- - Shadowknight - Consolidated Bloodthirsty Blade and Knight's Weapon Mastery into a single ability line named Weapon Mastery of the Knight.
- - Warrior - Consolidated Merciless Grip and Warlord's Weapon Mastery into a single ability line named Weapon Mastery of the Warlord.
- - Wizard - Removed all ranks of Focus: Permeating Magic and moved the effects of this group to the equivalent ranks of Focus: Claws.
- - Wizard - Arcomancy, Cryomancy, and Pyromancy have been consolidated into a toggled passive ability named Trifurcating Magic.
- - - Increased the chance for fire and ice spells to trigger their additional effects to match magic spells.
- - - Increased the hate reduction of Pyromancy to include 2% of your total hate.
- - - Changed Arcomancy to apply a buff on the wizard that will increase the damage of your next 5 spells and increased the damage focus amount.
- - - Changed Cryomancy to reduce the target's cold, fire, and magic resists, deal damage, suppress gate spells, and removed Cryomantic Snare.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- Fixed a potential client crash if you used a Potion of Disgenderment soon after logging into a zone.
- Addressed a potential client crash when leaving the game.
- Addressed a zone stability issue related to buffs / debuffs on NPCs.
- Fixed a bug where picking as a group wasn't properly sending players to the evac point of a zone.
- Addressed a client crash issue when camping to server select or desktop.
- Corrected an issue where a player could get stuck unable to cast spells or use items when dying and drinking alcohol.
*** UI ***
- Addressed a potential crash issue in the UI related to entering character select or running the /loadskin command.
- Added a message when players activate a combat ability, visible to themselves and others.
- - Added a chat filter for other's disciplines that can turn off these messages, and modified the existing discipline filter so you can turn off your own activate messages.
- Mercenaries will now display their correct name in taunt messages.
- Rank 1-18 of Mana Burn once again will display damage done in the combat log.
- The EverQuest Team
Posted by: dreamweaver on 7 November 2019 @ 8:29 pm CST
|I think he/she is asking either How many times it can be traded before its claimed. If the first trade locks it down, or if its like Kronos where it can be traded around until its redeemed.|
Or they are asking how many times they can ask for to get a copy of the tradeable expansion to give out.. which would be once. And you get it on launch day"
It can be traded until it is claimed. So I supposed as long as no one claims it as many times as you want.
Posted by: dreamweaver on 7 November 2019 @ 7:59 pm CST
|But the question is: how often am I allowed to ask for a tradeable expansion?"|
I'm sorry, I guess I don't understand the question. If the expansion is claimed on your account then you would not be able to claim the same expansion again because you will already have the expansion. Is that what you mean?
Posted by: dreamweaver on 7 November 2019 @ 4:46 pm CST
I want to take a minute to thank you all for chiming in, there isn't any news to share right now. But if there is in the future I will let you all know.
Posted by: dreamweaver on 6 November 2019 @ 2:09 pm CST
|I am still missing the answer =("|
Closer to, this was missed. Sorry Eladamri. Each tradable in the friends & family pack item is tradable until claimed. Once the item is claimed it is bound to the account that claimed it.
Posted by: dreamweaver on 30 October 2019 @ 2:15 pm CDT
The new goal is to see how many different ways it can be misspelled before the server launches.
Posted by: dreamweaver on 30 October 2019 @ 12:46 pm CDT
Additional questions have been answered in the FAQ thread.
Posted by: dreamweaver on 30 October 2019 @ 12:44 pm CDT
Q: Innothule Swamp? I thought it was Feerott?
A: It looks like our maps were slightly off, we are discussing with the mapmakers union. It is Feerott.
Q: J5 merc quest in Feerott in or not?
A: There is no change to the J5 merc quest.
Q: Do Heroic Chars come with Epics?
A: No, they do not.
Q: If not will AoCs be active?
A: When Miragul launches they will not be, but it is possible they will be added in later.
Q: Will the level restriction on Naggy and Vox be lifted as everyone is level 85?
A: The level restriction will not be lifted on Naggy and Vox
Q: What Trade skill AAs & skills will be granted? We are worried since we are all starting at level 85 so there will be no market for low level items.
A: Except in cases where there are racial bonuses, new Heroic Characters do not start with tradeskills.
Q: What Anniversary content will we have in March? By my reckoning we should have 13th or 14th anniversary content in March only but everything in April? If this is so can we spread the April stuff out over a longer period.
A: Any changes to Anniversary content dates will be universal (I.E. all servers)
Q: 17th Anniversary Gnome race is listed as no restriction on TLPs, how will this be handled as we cannot create level 1 chars?
A: Unfortunately you will not get to race since you are so heroic you'll overtake the level 1s very easily.
Q: I can create 14 chars on other servers, does that mean I can create 14 Heroic chars on Miragul?
A: Correct. If you are able to create 14 characters on one server then you can create 14 Heroic Characters on Miragul.
Posted by: dreamweaver on 29 October 2019 @ 12:15 pm CDT
I'm glad you asked forum poster!
It's the Bug Report forum, its in place to replace a fan run program DGC Issue Tracker, which has recently ended it's time. Many thanks to all the players and fans from other games that worked on, moderated, and maintained that space!
Q: What should go here?
A: All bug reports except for those related to ToV Beta, they have their own separate section for those.
Q: How does it work?
A: The ultimate goal is that it will function similarly to DGC Issue Tracker within the limitations we have on a different platform. We will be making changes as well as time goes on.
Q: Where is X feature?
A: Since we wanted to get this up for you as quickly as possible some features are still being tested and worked on, some features aren't available on the forums, and others are down the line. We will continue to test and iterate as feedback from players and developers comes in to make the experience simple and easy to use.
I know there are probably lots of questions, the ones I can answer I will, so I will leave this thread open for a while before closing it.
Posted by: dreamweaver on 25 October 2019 @ 3:01 pm CDT
|I think some of the other threads in the TLP section here should be a pretty good indicator of how people are feeling about this.|
Edit: But I hope this one is productive"
They are but the intent here is to put everything in the same place.
Posted by: dreamweaver on 25 October 2019 @ 2:54 pm CDT
This thread exists for the purpose to gauge interest in and discuss the possibility of a server with a Non Truebox rule set. That being said, servers exist that fall out side the bounds of this discussion including Miragul which is launching soon. So please keep conversation below relegated to whether or not you would be interested in playing on a server that launched with a Non Truebox rule.
Posted by: dreamweaver on 24 October 2019 @ 7:00 pm CDT
Posted by: dreamweaver on 24 October 2019 @ 7:00 pm CDT
A thread to discuss the Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ.