Author Topic: Any new contests on the horizon?  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Vlad Diszno

Any new contests on the horizon?
« on: August 03, 2015, 10:44:17 PM »
On one hand, I sure could use some additional motivation, like a deadline, to finish this house up. On the other, I'd love to be check out others creations. So it'd be a win/win for me.
Waiting as patiently as I can :D

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: Any new contests on the horizon?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 12:12:16 AM »
I can see about putting together a housing contest in the not so distant future.

However, I don't see me organizing any other types of contests for a while at least. The last round of contests we did, had some people complaining about them. Specifically, complaining about the difficulty of some of the images in our "guess that zone" screen shot contest. I can put up with a good bit, but this was an ongoing thing. I put in a lot of time to organize these contests (especially the screen shot ones - it took a lot of time to code that system and test it for bugs and anti cheating), and I don't get or ask anything from them. I do it because I enjoy helping the EQ players have a good time, and win some cool prizes. But when people are unappreciative and just complain, it takes the fun and motivation out of it for me.

Sorry for the rant, you have been nothing but supportive and I do appreciate that. I haven't had any complaints about the housing contests, so I'll see if I can put one together towards the end of the month. Don't hold me to that tho!

Offline Vlad Diszno

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 08:51:49 PM »
I guess everyone is a critic.
Well, I am glad to hear you are up for another housing contest. At least housing gets some love from somewhere. (Won't go off on my own rant). I enjoy housing greatly and hope my creations, as few and far between as they are, are enjoyed by visitors. Your housing contests are enjoyed greatly by me.
I've thought of doing some kind of housing contest myself, but I enjoy participating too much. And then there are the prizes, not sure how many prizes I could afford to supply. Plus I'd have to round up help to judge, as I wouldn't like to be the lone judge. Your generosity is appreciated.
Tis too bad that EQ1 housing doesn't get anywhere near the love from DB as EQ2.

While waiting for you to find the time to swing another housing contest, I will probably start on my next house. Just can't seem to wrap this one up w/out a kick in the rear.

Thanks again for all the previous ones and the ones yet to come. Hope you don't ever have to pull the plug on em, they certainly help keep housing going.

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 08:16:38 PM »
Just a heads up - this is happening for sure. Look for the official announcement within the next week :)

Offline Whisper831

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 09:57:06 PM »
hey Rorce and Riou and all the others that put this together wanted to say thanks again for putting on the contest was so fun and loved loved all the places and I admire all the judges cause that must have been tough job this go hehe. anyways thanks and if I can help in any
way please let me know . hope everyone enjoyed my place cause I shure did enjoyed doing it =) and Vlad you should put on a contest I will be one of your judges haha.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 10:49:18 PM by Whisper831 »

Offline Yannie

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 09:18:23 AM »
Rorce & Riou,I really Enjoy makeing EQ home art very thankful for what you do knowing you did all this & to enjoy shareing our homes and all the fun together.Hopeing for a Halloween houseing event :) and maybe Christmas be neat too ! Everyone from Daybreak & all the way back to Sony really try to be there and care & always treated me very well.Just know there might be alot complaining but know some really ENJOY ! all you do Keep up the Great work ok HUG TILL POPS ! Yanwolf ps:your 8) cheer leads you on Love the home art fun fun fun !

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 03:38:10 PM »
Thanks for your kind words, Yannie!

We won't be doing a Halloween Housing contest, unfortunately, as this will be during Beta time...which is VERY chaotic for us and eats literally every spare minute we have, getting the site ready for the new content. We are actually already doing a lot of backend work in preparation for the new content!

We WILL be doing a Holiday Housing contest, however! Expect that in early December, and will probably run through the beginning of January.

Offline Yannie

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 08:47:17 PM »
AWWW understood fully ! i am sure your all very busy with beta! oh my heeh okies :) I cant even image all the work ! thank you all again !