Author Topic: Delving into Frostcrypt  (Read 2498 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Delving into Frostcrypt
« on: February 08, 2017, 11:28:22 PM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://special.eqresource.com/delvingintofrostcrypt.php

Offline gotcharms

Re: Delving into Frostcrypt
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 08:25:49 AM »
-Kill 10 Fallen Dudes
-Retrieve the Crown

Yes, I forgot to write the *halfling* down =p

There is a named NPC's in each of the "shade rooms." One is in the NW, the other is in the NE. There is also a named Vampire in the SE room. Each one will drop a clicky item. Take the item that looks like a claw and take it to the far north room (with the clickable torches). Click it on top of the statue, then click the torches to enter the maze.

The other two items are the Necronomicon and a Helm. These are probably related to the bonus item.

The King guy is in the center of the maze.

Quest reward was just Coins + XP, but there was a clicky item that was (Maybe?) supposed to be used on the King. It's possible you get something fancier if you do it "right." (See last line of this post?)

Lastly, the King teleports around at certain HP levels, and will summon the highest person on his hate list.

Everything in this instance (except the namers, oddly) hits crazy hard. Some seem to hit harder than others.

There is a hidden bonus item, but unsure of how to obtain it at this time.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 11:03:57 AM by gotcharms »

Offline Narogg

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 10:00:09 AM »
Cant zone in. The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be bale to enter if there was a reason to come here.

Offline Lenny

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 05:06:02 PM »
"The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be bale to enter if there was a reason to come here."

Getting the same on all 4 accounts.

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 06:41:49 PM »
Think it is still broken, unfortunately

Offline Loagin

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 04:03:16 PM »
Did this today. Killed the 3 named, none of them dropped the item needed to get into the maze room. Still bugged? If it's not bugged, that's a lot of work for something that's needed, that May or May Not drop to complete the mission.

Offline Lenny

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 01:08:46 AM »
The bonus reward requires taking a right in the first big room and going and killing two yellow con mobs down that way. Morlon the Tainted is in a side room to the right as you enter a big room full of giants. I think there are 3 mobs in the room. I cleared the big room then pulled the room the named. Once i was able to split them once i wasn't all good, just mezz or toss the adds. The way up farther is 'Spite-clad Potergeist' Move thru that whole area invis undead freely. I use double invis most of the time. You can charge the 'Spite-clad Potergeist' in his little pit, fight him solo then reinvis and run out. The items are no port. If you evac you lose them and fail to get the bonus item. You could still finish the mission.

I just read a post above and i think 'Frostbite' drops the ' Shattering Sunderer' requred to break the ice and get in to the maze.

Ohh beware of Ice type giants/goloms as they see all invis and seem to hit harder than others. You WILL have to pass through at least one area of them.

hope this helps..
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 04:52:30 PM by Lenny »

Offline chantrae

• Premium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2022, 01:22:43 AM »
Each time Beltron goes non-agro and warps away, he causes a number of roamer a shade of zek to spawn in the maze:

Beltron, the Shade King shouts, 'Guards! Come deal with these pests!'

These new spawns are not auto-agro, they just make traversing the maze more and more treacherous as they accumulate every time Beltron warps to a new location. Its very easy to get overrun by mobs in the maze (many see through IVU). Ended up fighting more than a few mobs simultaneously, more than a few times. Easymode solution to this is simply to not pursue Beltron through the maze; don't track him down and don't fight him at his new location. Instead, simply remain in the center room where you first encountered him. Once he regens back to 100% he will path back to his spawn point. You can beat him down 4x right on his spawn point. No need to trek the maze over and over and kill piles of extra mobs.