Author Topic: Shaman AA Chat for The Darkened Sea  (Read 5721 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Shaman AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« on: August 26, 2014, 04:38:28 PM »
[14:33] * ChanServ changes topic to 'Tuesday - Shaman are now on the clock. Druids next.'
[14:33] <@Elidroth> ok.. Shaman.. GO!
[14:33] <Tadenea> remember be nice to shaman class as they were to other classes
[14:33] <Kinadorm> Prolonged Salve - Extended HoT Duration
[14:35] <@Elidroth> I could probably do A LITTLE BIT of that.. but not much
[14:35] <sojuu> call of the ancients upgrade, hasnt been upgraded since omens. suggestions for it would be a cure pulse, if not that then just more healing?
[14:36] <Seariz> Radiant Cure upgrade would be nice too
[14:36] <@Elidroth> I mentioned during Cleric discussion that I'd look into maybe adding corruption counters to Radiant Cure, but that I wasn't sure yet
[14:37] <Seariz> could we get a hastening on it?
[14:37] <@Elidroth> When something was last upgraded is not justification for doing so.. just FYI
[14:37] <Seariz> with or without the corruption counters
[14:37] <@Elidroth> one at a time please
[14:38] <@Elidroth> I'll take a look at upgrading Call of the Ancients
[14:39] <Tharkis> Spirit Call, our swarm pet, has not had any upgrades in quite a few levels increases now, since pet dmg and ability to actually land hits is quite level dependant, shaman would like an upgrade to our fire-and-forget swarm pets to at least up the level of the pets summoned so they can still do damage.
[14:40] <@Elidroth> I suppose I can do that
[14:40] <Tharkis> thanks, that'll make retron real happy =D
[14:40] <Kinadorm> Invis vs Undead - Self-Only
[14:42] <Seariz> Can we get Turgur's Swarm hastened to instant so PoTime slow clicky can finally be banked?
[14:43] <@Elidroth> I suppose I can add Shaman to Innate Invis to Undead AA
[14:44] <@Elidroth> Not really a fan of making Turgur's instant..
[14:44] <Rorcex> not just a shaman thing, but for healers in general - would it be possible to get a fling PC to self AA? like SK's hates attraction, but works for PC instead of NPC
[14:44] <Tharkis> Union of spirits was recently given a large boost to the heal to bring it in line with harder hitting npcs and increased player health pool. Ancestral Aid line for shaman was given upgrades, but the heal is still only 600/tic, as compared with our HOT spells at 7000/tic. Shaman would like to see the heal component of Ancestral Aid brought into line with 'current' heal over time abilities.
[14:44] <@Elidroth> Quickened can be done
[14:45] <@Elidroth> No Rorcex
[14:45] <@Elidroth> WAY too much risk of flinging players outside geometry
[14:45] <Rorcex> fair enough
[14:45] <@Elidroth> I'll upgrade Ancestral Aid's HOT
[14:46] <Tharkis> thanks =)
[14:46] <Kinadorm> ancestral aid duration could use a boost as well
[14:46] <Froger> can someone send me what i missed on shaman topic please
[14:46] <Tharkis> not much, join #eqshaman froger
[14:46] <Crystilla> Just started 15 min ago
[14:46] <@Elidroth> as a side note.. why are most cough syrups and liquid medicines made from the worst tasting stuff ever invented?
[14:46] <@Elidroth> BLEH
[14:46] <Zachton> To encourage you to get better quickly.
[14:47] <Elrodo> it's the taste of the active ingredient
[14:47] <Tharkis> if they tasted good they wouldnt work right!
[14:47] <Zachton> If it tasted like margaritas you would stay sick.
[14:47] <Tharkis> nothing that tastes good can be good for you
[14:47] <Lilbadaz> so you could keep your cool!
[14:47] <Tadenea> they were not made by shamans but by clerics, shamans are better at it
[14:47] <Kinadorm> Additional Rank of Silent Presence - Unlimited Duration
[14:47] <Zachton> You say that because we burn our bread.
[14:48] <Kinadorm> its our self only regular invis
[14:48] <@Elidroth> It lasts plenty long enough now
[14:49] <Tharkis> a hastened crippling spirit line would be appreciated, due to the 7 minute reuse time, the crippling spirit AA doesnt get much use currently.
[14:49] <bearwit> an we get insta cast self and group shrink aa's?
[14:49] <bearwit> * can
[14:49] <@Elidroth> Hastened Crippling Spirit can happen. I'll have to work out the reduction but that's doable
[14:50] <sojuu> any chance to have a snare added to the knockback root AAs to give more time if root breaks for what ever reason? or would that infringe on others territory too much?
[14:51] <@Elidroth> No Sojuu.. not making positioning abilities any better than they already are
[14:51] <sojuu> k
[14:51] <Medail> is that across the board?
[14:51] <@Elidroth> yes
[14:52] <Medail> mm will be asked again in relevent class chat i bet
[14:53] <Jeremey> did i miss clerics?
[14:53] <Ismel> yes
[14:53] <Medail> yes
[14:54] <Tharkis> There's been a request for an activated twin-cast AA for dots. Shaman have a large number of twincast AA for nukes and procs and heals, but primarily do their damage through dots. Alternatly more ranks of Mirrored Pestilence for shaman.
[14:55] <Tharkis> Shaman are also a bit frustrated at all the AA lines they have for dots being shared with necros so shaman get caught in all the necro restrictions for short duration dots and the like, when short duration dots are the only ones shaman can use. So i was requested to ask if any shaman DOT aa (like mirrored pestilence) can be split off the necro lines so that they can work on shaman short
[14:55] <Tharkis> duration dots
[14:55] <Tharkis> ^ should say 'can use in groups'
[14:55] <@Elidroth> I'll look into it.. not saying no, but not saying yes either
[14:55] <Tharkis> trying to paraphrase a PM that was like 10 pages long lol
[14:56] <Lilbadaz> a shaman friend just sent me a /tell asking if you could assign Talisman of the Snow Leopard as an AA :)
[14:59] <bearwit> one more rank of hastened call of the wild?
[14:59] <@Elidroth> No to talisman
[15:00] <Seariz> I'm sure there will be a new talisman anyway lilbadaz
[15:00] <Lilbadaz> kk
[15:00] <@Elidroth> One more rank of Hastened Call of the Wild would reduce the reuse time to 0.. so no
[15:01] <Tharkis> as long as we can think of cats, there will be talisman of the <insert kitty here> spells for us to cast lilbadaz =)
[15:01] <Lilbadaz> good to know!
[15:01] <Berserker01> Talisman of the Sea Cat :)
[15:01] <Lilbadaz> =)
[15:01] <sojuu> can spiritual surge have its range it hits made larger through AAs? (realize if u were to apporove it, u would also need to speak to aristo)
[15:03] <@Elidroth> Nope
[15:03] <@Elidroth> Ranges aren't changing
[15:03] <bearwit> can we have the blood of avoling and the blood of nadox lines combined and use it for all of our blood of____ line?
[15:03] <Lilbadaz> how about Malonesia as an AA?
[15:03] <Tharkis> we have that lilbadaz...
[15:03] <Tharkis> malosinete 4 ranks
[15:04] <Lilbadaz> ahh not sure what my friend was saying srry
[15:04] <Tharkis> There was an ask for more reduced reuse time on inconspicuous totem, but i think the cast time is already at 50% of the 'base' that said, fully focused it's still 8 min reuse, which is a lot longer than the agro-dump abilities of most other classes with an agro dump. They'd like to see 4 to 5 min reuse so it matches up better with other classes.
[15:05] <Tharkis> (just checked in game, it's down to 7 min reuse atm, not 8 like this message to me said)
[15:06] <@Elidroth> I'll consider it..
[15:06] <Tharkis> thanks, that's the last of the ones sent to me by others =)
[15:06] <Kinadorm> Spirit Void - Self Only Evac
[15:08] <@Elidroth> Possible. not saying yes/no right now
[15:08] <Kinadorm> New Rank of Pact of Wolf, you currently have group one listed but not single
[15:09] <@Elidroth> Hmm.. must have missed that..
[15:10] <bearwit> Elidroth.. where do you see shaman as needing improvement? i know alot of shaman want to increase personal dps...
[15:10] <sojuu> paralytic spray is on the list would that continue to increase duration? or do more targets?
[15:10] <@Elidroth> Shaman are in pretty good shape overall IMO
[15:10] <Kinadorm> yes personal dps and survivability
[15:11] <WaringMcMarrin> would it be possible to get some new ranks of languid bite to extend the duration?
[15:13] <@Elidroth> It'd be better to just raise the duration on the new ranks I've already made
[15:13] <sojuu> k
[15:13] <WaringMcMarrin> okay
[15:14] <Kinadorm> Extended Cheetah, extra ticks to duration
[15:15] <WaringMcMarrin> Don't know if this was asked but any chance of a secondary "Spirit" bind? (was asked to bring this up in serverwide lastnight)
[15:16] <Kinadorm> now that porting classes have tertiary bind/gate can open up secondary bind/gate to all gating classes :)
[15:16] <@Elidroth> It's possible I THINK.. some classes are wired differently in code sadly
[15:16] <@Elidroth> I'll check
[15:17] <Kinadorm> Snare DoT AA
[15:18] <@Elidroth> Extended Cheetah being Spirit of Cheetah? The runspeed buff?
[15:18] <Kinadorm> yes
[15:18] <@Elidroth> that's doable
[15:20] <@Elidroth> Snare DOT idea is something I'd want to discuss with the team before saying yes/no
[15:21] <Froger> how about a wolf version of companion of necessity(mage aa)
[15:24] <@Elidroth> I'll consider that one
[15:24] <Kinadorm> if snare dot gets shot down then just a regular activated dot with some decent dps
[15:25] <Seariz> How about a higher end version of Fatigue (or whatever the new one will be called) as a 10min recast AA or something of the sort?
[15:26] <@Elidroth> No.. really not a fan of making AA versions of new spells right away
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:40:42 PM by Riou »

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: Shaman AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 04:38:42 PM »
[15:26] <bearwit> endurance version of quiet miracle?
[15:26] <@Elidroth> No
[15:27] <Seariz> Tharkis seems to be afk - and he could explain better since it was something he mentioned - but just want to make sure it gets out there:
[15:27] <Seariz> getting a tanking type increase on Rabid Bear and mele dps increase on wolf - or vise versa.
[15:27] <Seariz> so one was more geared towards tanking and other dps essentially - self only
[15:28] <Froger> so we can put that double attack aa to a good use =p
[15:28] <@Elidroth> It's possible, but we need to be careful that we don't create a super-class.. not saying it's there, but I'll have to be careful.
[15:28] <Seariz> yeah
[15:29] <illa> lol
[15:29] <Lilbadaz> Lower reuse on Reckless Heal Line?
[15:29] <Lilbadaz> timer
[15:31] <@Elidroth> Anything that affects spells will have to be discussed with Aristo first
[15:31] <Lilbadaz> kk ty
[15:31] <Kinadorm> Spirit Leap - jump forward like leap of faith
[15:32] <@Elidroth> that should be ok
[15:33] <Kinadorm> not sure it is possible but Extended Surge - Extra Waves on Spiritual Surge line
[15:33] <@Elidroth> same answer
[15:34] <@Elidroth> need to talk to Aristo about spell changes
[15:34] <Kinadorm> Clinging Root - make our roots more resistant to breaking
[15:34] <WaringMcMarrin> would be nice
[15:34] <@Elidroth> Sure
[15:35] <WaringMcMarrin> some more ranks of Rabid Bear?
[15:37] <@Elidroth> Sure
[15:37] <Kinadorm> add some stun immunity to it if possible
[15:38] <@Elidroth> Possible
[15:38] <Froger> Purified Spirits. higher counters/lowered reuse?
[15:38] <@Elidroth> Yeah that was already talked about with Clerics.. I'm going to work on it
[15:38] <Kinadorm> Extended Malosinete and Pathosis - longer duration
[15:38] <Froger> great
[15:40] <Seariz> Spiritual Presence - group aura, increase crit chances just like epic click (although doesn't need to be on same level)
[15:41] <@Elidroth> I'll look at Extended Malo & Pathosis
[15:41] <Lilbadaz> Extended Ranks of Cheetah AA?
[15:41] <Seariz> already talked about that
[15:41] <Seariz> or at least duration
[15:41] <Rootts> Blessing of the Tribunal: activated AA that grants increased healing by 15-20% for 1min on a 10-15min recast. (copy of Cleric AA Flurry of Life)
[15:42] <@Elidroth> I'll have to play with the numbers, but that can work
[15:45] <Kinadorm> Wind of Pathosis - AE version of Pathosis
[15:46] <@Elidroth> It'll be a reduced effectiveness version if AOE
[15:47] <Kinadorm> Greater Blood Tithe
[15:47] <Kinadorm> increase chance of dot crits
[15:50] <@Elidroth> I'll have to look at where Shaman crit chance is in total
[15:51] <Kinadorm> Hastened Paralytic Spray - faster refresh
[15:51] <@Elidroth> I can do a few ranks of that
[15:52] <Kinadorm> an activated aa like first spire, again increast dot crit chance for short time
[15:53] <Lilbadaz> Will Group Pact of Wolf overwrite Self only? considering one gives more stats than the other
[15:54] <Rootts> any chance of getting an activated twincast of some form? either Improved Twincast rank 1 (which is at 10 counters) or something like a triggered Twincast: 1 charge from casting a detrimental spell with a duration (slows/dots/debuffs) similar to Gift of Deathly Resolve except in reverse.
[15:54] <WaringMcMarrin> The higher stat one will overwrite/block
[15:54] <Lilbadaz> kk
[15:55] <@Elidroth> I don't really want to give activated Twincast to more classes
[15:56] <Kinadorm> what about new rank of Rejuvenation of Spirit (rez) that works while in combat?
[15:57] <@Elidroth> Nope
[15:57] <@Elidroth> That's reserved for Clerics
[15:58] <Kinadorm> mass call of the wild?
[15:58] <@Elidroth> not possible
[16:00] <Rootts> I can understand the desire to stay away from Twincast but I'd ask you reconsider given that Shamans are the only caster/priest without an activated Twincast of some form. I get not every class can share every ability but a lesser version of an activated twincast wouldn't seem too out of the question.
[16:03] <Kinadorm> Spirit Haste - innate spell haste for DoT's
[16:04] <@Elidroth> Not really something we want to do
[16:06] <Warbane> Any chance of having more pet AA's elidroth? The shaman pet was buffed considerably when others were nerfed, I was thinking something to bring it up to contention with a maybe a level 86 or 91 era mage/beast/necro pet. Not overpowered, but not completely useless either. Maybe a pet proc AA like Virulent Talon for mages?
[16:07] <@Elidroth> It's possible, but I'd want to work with Aristo on that
[16:07] <rylgon> Any chance on more ranks of rabid bear =)
[16:07] <Warbane> Ok sounds good, told our guild shammy I'd ask, he solo's a lot and wants more out of his pet.
[16:08] <@Elidroth> Rabid Bear has already been discussed
[16:08] <Fac> Upgrade to Totem turning us into a spirit wolf allowing us to run away.
[16:10] <@Elidroth> Upgrade to Totem? What totem?
[16:10] <rylgon> He is talking shaman fade
[16:10] <Mykaylla> Inconspicuous Totem, I presume.
[16:10] <Fac> correct
[16:10] <@Elidroth> then say that
[16:11] <@Elidroth> Inconspicuous Totem is getting some changes, but I'm not going to have it doom a runspeed buff
[16:13] <Kinadorm> is there code to allow a dot to kill a mob below 10-15% health like finishing blow?
[16:13] <beryon> he probably means having it be a complete fade instead of wearing off while it's still dangerous
[16:13] <@Elidroth> No Kinadorm
[16:15] <Froger> how about a passive aa that would proc a lower version of the dot im casting?
[16:16] <@Elidroth> Nope
[16:16] <beryon> can you elaborate on the inconspicuous totem changes?
[16:16] <Froger> said he would consider lower reuse timer
[16:16] <Fac> I was wanting it to not root us in place
[16:16] <@Elidroth> reducing reuse time
[16:17] <@Elidroth> everything else is staying the same
[16:17] <Froger> how about a dps "form" that boosts our dots/shorter cast time while punishing with a healing % reduction?
[16:18] <Seariz> we slightly discussed Rabid Bear vs a Wolf Form - one for dps one for tanking.
[16:21] <@Elidroth> So Shaman have about 10 minutes left.. should probably focus on a couple last important things
[16:21] <@Elidroth> if you have them
[16:22] <Froger> single target version of Radiant Cure?
[16:24] <@Elidroth> No.. you already have Purified Spirits
[16:25] <Froger> thats self only, we dont have many options for out of group curing
[16:25] <Warbane> As a pre-cursor please join #eqbstchat if you want to consolidate ideas while shamans finish and druids go, I have talked to most of you already however would like to avoid a mess.
[16:26] <Kinadorm> extended silent casting
[16:27] <Rorcex> question from a guildy - any chance at an unresistable malo?
[16:27] <@Elidroth> No
[16:27] <beryon> a quickened heal aa - either passive or activated depending on the amount
[16:27] <Seariz> Any chance on upgraded haste in Wolf Form closer to that of enc haste?
[16:27] <@Elidroth> No
[16:29] <Rorcex> you know what would be cool? if the talisman of the snow leopard line (im not sure what this expansions big cat name is) had a chance to proc an additional group buff that added damage per hit
[16:29] <FendyBristlebane> An archtype aa that boosts charisma. Spirit of Ashlanne :-)
[16:30] <Corvis> How will the new caster spell focus AA lines work? just a pure damage increase?
[16:31] <@Elidroth> yes
[16:32] <Rorcex> would that be possible through AA, Elidroth?
[16:33] <@Elidroth> It's possible but I'm not going to do that Rorcex
[16:33] <@Elidroth> Thanks Shaman
[16:34] <@Elidroth> It's time we moved on to Druids
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:40:49 PM by Riou »