Author Topic: Gamparse only showing my cast counts  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Cassilla

Gamparse only showing my cast counts
« on: June 11, 2018, 03:13:25 PM »
I have had this issue for quite some time. When I look at the DPS/Spells tab, only a few players cast counts (or sometimes only mine) are shown - even when I am standing next to them for the fight. Also, the program only lists my class - others are listed as class unknown.

Offline Beimeith

• Premium Member
Re: Gamparse only showing my cast counts
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 10:30:39 PM »
In EQ options do you have spells set to show everyone's spells? My guess is you don't.

GamParse determines classes by several different methods:

Spells they cast.
Disciplines they use.
/who results.
Damage types. (Backstabs = Rogue, Flurry = Berserker, Songs = Bards).

No method is 100%.

I have to specifically link a spell to a class for it to count, and the spell has to be unique for that class and NOT clickable from items. Give the number of spells in EQ, this is a large task. I'm only something like 10% done adding in spells. I try to get the most popular spells for each expansion, but it's not a guarantee.

Disciplines have to use unique activation text, otherwise it leads to misidentification. Most Discs are parsed, but it still requires people to use them first.

/Role or /anon prevent /who from working. It also doesn't work on NPCs unless you're a cheater.

And none of the above work if you have the filters to display them turned off in EQ.

Offline Cassilla

Re: Gamparse only showing my cast counts
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 10:18:31 PM »
I can't change the filter settings to "Show" "Others spells". It is listed in the EQ forums as not one you can change. I don't even have a filters tab as you show in the instructions for set up. It is included in the chat tab as a toggle at the bottom of the window. I can post a screen shot of my window if that would help. Any ideas on how to fix this? :(