Author Topic: Seeking the Sorcerer  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Seeking the Sorcerer
« on: December 07, 2019, 09:19:46 PM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://tov.eqresource.com/seekingthesorcerer.php

Offline Nebulosity

Re: Seeking the Sorcerer
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 09:14:04 PM »
What do this emotes do exactly? any one have a write up?

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 10:31:00 PM »
What do this emotes do exactly? any one have a write up?

The tijoely one will rush someone and i think maybe dot them, I'm not sure what if anything the others do atm

Offline Nebulosity

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 02:55:56 PM »
we are having a hard time on phase three with the third named... when the icy witch spawns how do we handle icy witch? any one know we are taking a lot of dmg.

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 04:34:59 PM »
we are having a hard time on phase three with the third named... when the icy witch spawns how do we handle icy witch? any one know we are taking a lot of dmg.

Never seen this mob in the mission before, If you have big dps you can generally just burn all 3 mobs before any mechanics happen/become a problem for most part

Offline amaryah

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 08:20:35 PM »
Restless Tijoely is Mezzable with Deceive (111 chanter mez)

Offline Terakathis

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 05:25:34 PM »
Casts "Tijoely's Grab" every 30s.

T.

Offline Raccoo

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 07:46:03 AM »
Glob of Vile Bile is the item that looks like a clump of grass on the ground. You right click it to get a circle on the curser that you left click on the ground to activate.

Offline Fian

• Premium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2019, 11:33:03 AM »
Have run this mission many times. High DPS covers a multitude of sins, plus enc runes can make a big difference as well.

Strategy 1, you want to get to 2nd boss, as soon as possible so that you can use game mechanic to deal with the adds. I am thinking that burning 1st boss makes the most sense, although saving burns for the third boss would be helpful if the icy witch shows up.

First boss emote: Restless Tijoely roars and turns to face playername.
When you get this emote, it puts a rubberband effect on you that draws you to the boss (you can see the same effect pulling mammoths and griffons in EW). I tried hiding behind a pillar, but I think the best solution is to just run to the boss instead. Doesn't seem to hurt that much.

2nd boss emote: Icebound Bledrek begins making gagging sounds while glaring at playername.
Red ring will spawn on targeted player. Red ring location is static, so entire group needs to run out of red ring. In addition, the clicky that you need spawns in center of red ring, so run out, wait for ring to disappear, and then run back and grab it. Clicky looks like sawdust in scorched woods, but dark brown instead. Use clicky to put green ring away from group and fleshy will ignore group run to it, and disappear.

3rd boss: Nothing special about third boss to worry about, except some times an icy witch appears, and puts a massive green ring that does massive damage. Can easily wipe group, but enc runes plus lots of healing can get group through it. Burning through this can also help, but if you survive the witch, not much need to kill quickly.

Offline SubEffect

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2019, 10:48:40 PM »
Some extra notes.

If you start getting the mini Grummies during boss #1, before you have the clickies, you can punt them out of the way. This makes this boss fairly straightforward, other than his clinging/rubber-band emote. For us, we had a shaman on clicky/punt duty and it was very helpful.

I actually don't think the icy witch does anything special. For us, she popped during the end of boss #2 and simply got in our way. We punted her into the stairwell room and left her there. During a previous run, she also popped during the second boss and we just killed her. It's possible her presence enables the green stuff..

Now, the green stuff seems to spew out of the final boss and targets a player. There's an emote: "Bled spews a clinging, freezing acid all over its target." It seems to be called Acid Slush Pool. As the tank, I was able to shuffle out of the room when I got it. I waited a few seconds for an emote about acid, then was able to move back into the room and the green aura stayed outside. I did this twice and the rest of the group was able to avoid the damage. Something not mentioned is the undead guide, who will drag a group member down the spiral stairwell (if your dps is high, maybe you won't see him). I wasn't able to snap away from it so the entire group ended up downstairs to finish off the boss. There is an achievement related to it that we got, but I can't say how or why.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 11:01:49 PM by SubEffect »

Offline Fian

• Premium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2020, 11:46:07 PM »
For this emote: Restless Tijoely roars and turns to face playername.

It is possible to run far enough that he won't attack the player.

Offline korlax

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2021, 07:07:29 PM »
what is up with the trash in the mission.. i just ran mission no trash to farm the collectables.. wth?