Author Topic: Day 5, The Broken Mirror - 7 days of EQResource Anniversary Contests!  (Read 4556 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Welcome to Day 5 of the 7 days of EQResource Anniversary Contests!

Todays theme is the The Broken Mirror expansion. Please post in this thread to participate in day 5 of the contest! We want to hear what your favorite part of the The Broken Mirror expansion was!

For full contest details, please visit the official contest thread here: https://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=195415

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: Day 5, The Broken Mirror - 7 days of EQResource Anniversary Contests!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 08:21:55 AM »
My favorite part of The Broken Mirror was the Sul Vius zones. I thought the light/decay and the need to transport back and forth between the two was very clever, and a great story!

I also really liked the raid drop augs. I did NOT like the need for multiples of them to get the special Face item!

Offline VorpalChicken

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 08:24:51 AM »
I loved the raids in TBM, some of the best raids of my EQ life

Offline Kezik

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 08:37:53 AM »
I liked the mirror concept of 2 zones, the achievements from raid challenger were fun to do also. The Eyes Aug still is awesome.

Offline Thunderkiks

• Premium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 08:38:38 AM »
I had started over on a different server right before this expansion came out. I joined a family style raiding guild and brought my character up as quick as I could. This was the first expansion I ever raided and will always remember it. What I liked most about the expansion was the introduction of the type 5 augs.

Offline Metanis

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 08:39:28 AM »
Yes! Damsel of Decay was my favorite raid of all time as a cleric main. Holy smokes batman we had to use 3 different cure spells and only use them at the correct time while maintaining a level of mobility and awareness that was unprecedented. I still have an in-game e-mail I created that I send to newbies that explains the various effects and how to cure them and when NOT to cure them!

Otherwise this expansion was an attempt to "think outside the box" for EQ. You can still farm the Type 5 auggies for good plat too.

Offline Bidaum

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 08:55:35 AM »
My favorite part of TBM was the rewards that we all had to work together to get; our dichos and especially the Eyes of Life and Decay aug!
Traveling via the mirror was also cool; it made me wish for mirror versions of other expansions, lol.

Offline krazzedk

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 09:16:34 AM »
Favorite part -- that things changed up. Why have a nice smooth expansion, when this one was filled with pain. Using the mirror to flip around zones to bypass locked doors and such. Some early sets of group missions not being box friendly. Inability to get higher levels of "blockers" and the 1 spell/ability unless one raids. the reuse of older zones. While not a favorite expansion, this one was different.

Offline gotcharms

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2018, 09:32:36 AM »
I have a hard time liking TBM. Very few fun raids. A wandering plot that I still don't care to understand, even after many, many playthroughs. Weird gearing system that looked good on paper but failed in the execution. It was also very, very broken (...) on release, and stayed that way for far too long.

The one nice thing I will say about TBM is that group progression quests themselves are all mostly fun. You get to do different things and it never really feels stale. They're also all group tasks!

Offline Provolone

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 09:42:17 AM »
I liked that they took some chances with broken mirror gearing system and dicho spells.

My favorite part was the quest where you fought in both sides of life and decay.

Offline Nniki

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 10:59:05 AM »
Development-wise, TBM was a total mess in my opinion, but it still had some great things in it.

The most hilariously amazing thing for me was pre-nerf bard Dichomatic Psalm <3. Keeping everyone topped off on mana and even doing a decent heal was great — totally OP, but totally amazing.

The mirror to flip between versions of Sul Vius was a cool concept. Unfortunately, zoning kind of takes away from it though... 10s timer on the mirror now makes that even worse. /grumble

I enjoyed doing the missions in a broken state. It made them more challenging. Damsel of Decay was one I remember in particular. You pretty much had to beat her after she warped downstairs the first time. After she warped back upstairs, I believe she would get stuck inside her pedestal where you couldn't hit her anymore, and on top of that, her out of range script would kick in and start DTing people.

The inclusion of type 5 augs on gear was a nice addition.

Lyssa`s Darkwood Piccolo from the Plane of Hate raid is probably my favorite clicky in the game. I love DA clickies.

Offline Akirrah

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 11:16:35 AM »
My favourite part was the Plane of Fear Revisited

Always great going back to old zones and remembering fond memories

Offline Sheex

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2018, 11:40:36 AM »
My favorite part was the comically broken itemization at launch.

The mirror concept was cool though, reminded me a lot of A Link to the Past.

Some good raids in there also, especially the bokon/ooze placement one!

Offline TenkenT

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2018, 11:59:12 AM »
Dichotomic spells.

Offline Zarathustra

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2018, 12:21:44 PM »
The best mount was introduced into the game: The Pridewing.

Offline Funk

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2018, 01:27:58 PM »
Demiplane of Life is an awesome zone and very unique. The vendors going back home for the night and come back out during the day was cool minus the bugs where mobs were in random spots all over the zone, still happens from time to time I think too. But overall a great zone.

The reskin on Windsong for Health was kind of weak in my humble opinion and reuse of Fear, Hate, and Crypt of Decay was fine except for the trash clears'=)

Fun and challenging group missions, and to finally obtain the aug and Pridewing was awesome. Still my favorite mount ever, I mean you can change it's color! How cool is that?

Offline Soju

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2018, 01:31:16 PM »
I enjoyed quite a bit of TBM, but have to say the trade-able "currency" and non-prestige aug drops are why I still end up back in TBM zones when gearing new alts even today.

Offline Fizzelin

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2018, 02:39:21 PM »
I liked the concept of a "mirrored" zone. It sort of reminded me of the light and dark worlds in some of the Zelda games. I would like to see it used again.

Offline kunarkian

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2018, 02:42:51 PM »
Favorite part was the light and decay mechanic, it was an interesting concept.

Offline Sacranor

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2018, 02:48:38 PM »
Mirrored zones are awesome but the dps aug is badass too DPS wins LOL

Offline Mineek

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2018, 02:56:31 PM »
The broken mirror was nice for the augs but also remember my first time ever entering The Crypt of Sul talking about creepy.

And my first time entering I remember I didn't even have the maps yet after turning 2 or 3 corners I was that creeped out I hit my Thrones of Hero's button back to the Guild lobby. And didn't go back till after I had downloaded the maps.

Offline Brendanteske

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2018, 04:23:47 PM »
One of the best things they could have added to this expansion was the illusion keyring. It freed up so much space in my bags!

Offline NameAlreadyInUse

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2018, 04:31:32 PM »
In hindsight, I really like the upgradeable gear - particularly for alts and new players. I also liked the missions - fun, rewarding - good times!

Offline kirkisx

• Premium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2018, 04:47:06 PM »
My favorite was the revamp of fear and hate... was quite fun to raid them zones... but the new gods introduced was great her model was exquisite

Offline Bobsmith

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2018, 05:24:25 PM »
That crafted raid face slot tho!!!