Author Topic: EQResource Holiday Slots - December 3, 2017 - Jan 4, 2018  (Read 8173 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
EQResource Holiday Slots - December 3, 2017 - Jan 4, 2018
« on: December 03, 2017, 06:28:20 PM »

The Contest -

We've brought back the Holiday Slots, and will be using it to give out MANY prizes! In this game of chance you will have the opportunity to win some EQ gear, Game Time, Daybreak Cash, Ring of Scale Expansions codes, and EQResource Premium Memberships!

Note: To prevent cheaters, we are requiring users to be logged into their EQResource Forum account in order to play the Holiday Slots. Also, users will not get the random free codes while browsing the site unless they are logged in. We apologize for this inconvenience, but it's the best and easiest way to ensure fairness.

We will be posting codes to Facebook, Twitter, and in our Serverwide channel in EverQuest that will give people a spin on the slot machine, for the chance at a cool prize!

Once you have a code: You can visit our Holiday Slots page here!

You can also gain codes by browsing the site (must be logged in to your EQResource Forum account). Randomly, a Christmas Present graphic will appear on the site. If you click the present, you will win a code! Here is an example of what to look for:

The Rules -

- Due to us having to pay for physical shipping of rewards, the Fippy Darkpaw prize can only be awarded to folks in the U.S. Sorry! (if you win this prize and are not in the U.S. we will grant you a 1 year EQResource Premium Subscription in it's place).
 - Collect codes to spin the slot machine for prizes!
 - Codes will be given out on Facebook, Twitter, and on the EQResource Website
 - Join our Serverwide Channel for the chance of more codes! While in game, simply type /join serverwide.eqresource:eqresource
 - You can only earn 1 code per 12 hours from randomly browsing the website.
 - You can earn unlimited codes from Facebook, Twitter, and our Serverwide Channel.
 - You will be able to earn codes from December 3rd, 2016 through January 3rd, 2017 - or until all prizes are won, whichever comes first.
 - Once you have a code, visit our Holiday Slots page here to use it!
 - For reading the rules, enjoy your first code! Use code "therules" for a spin on the slots! Good luck!
 - You can play the slot machine for fun by Clicking Here. Note: by playing for fun, you will not be awarded prizes. You can only win prizes by using codes.

The Rewards -

Match 3 of a kind to win!

1 year EQResource Premium Membership (3 total)

Stuffed Fippy (3 total)

Ring of Scale Standard Edition (3 total)

90 Days All Access Key (5 total)

1000 Daybreak Cash Key (5 total)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 07:03:11 PM by Rorce »

Offline Terroc

Re: EQResource Holiday Slots - December 3, 2017 - Jan 4, 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 07:57:44 PM »
I was given a random code on the site and upon entering it, it gave the notification that the code had already been used. It hadn't by me...Why is the randomly generated code for me already used?

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 09:09:01 PM »
Looking at the logs, it appears there has been only one code granted to your username, but two codes used by your username. Codes "qs4mrppt" and "w650m4zk". The first code was successfully used by your username on Monday, December 4, 2017 5:10:50 PM, the second on Monday, December 4, 2017 5:11:21 PM (Central times). Then, on Monday, December 4, 2017 7:56:05 PM (roughly 2 1/2 hours later) you attemped to reuse the first code, 3 times.

I'm not exactly sure what went wrong, but I'll grant you a one time use replacement code with the same odds: Terroc1

Online Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 08:55:24 PM »
Enjoy a bonus code: didyoureadtherules

Offline Ashira

• Premium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 07:21:21 AM »
Am I looking in the right places? I looked in Twitter, FB, in game and here. Where are the daily codes?

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 07:38:21 AM »
Am I looking in the right places? I looked in Twitter, FB, in game and here. Where are the daily codes?

They aren't necessarily "daily". We give the most out in our serverwide channel, but I did post one to Facebook just a short bit ago. We try to ensure people who play at all different times get to participate, so we post codes at various times, through various mediums.

You can get a code each 12 hours by browsing the website, it'll appear at the top of the page randomly (along with two giant gift images, you can't miss it!). They aren't tough to get (about a 1 in 10 chance on page load). But again, you can only get one of these per 12 hours. You have to browse the normal website pages for this, however, the forum pages like this will not trigger a free code.

Offline Ashira

• Premium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 08:31:37 AM »
Ok thank you.

Offline Dirtypaws

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 07:45:54 PM »
Doggone it, looks like I am an hour late for funny story :). So now I have a sad story to go with it. :'(
OMG not an hour - 15 minutes!

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 08:35:52 PM »
Doggone it, looks like I am an hour late for funny story :). So now I have a sad story to go with it. :'(
OMG not an hour - 15 minutes!

Lol, awww. We'll be doing another mini contest soon(tm). I'll announce the next one on Social Media. I was just curious to see how many people would actually notice that one!

Offline Memnoch9299

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 12:53:06 PM »
Even though I never seem to win anything I'll try again. I need ROS for all my boxes and who doesn't like EQ swag?

Offline techs1st

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 09:45:09 AM »
I received a guest code that said I had to log in to use. when I enrolled to be able to log in it said code was for guests only but there is no way to use it on the guest page? following all the different instructions does not work

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 06:33:33 PM »
I received a guest code that said I had to log in to use. when I enrolled to be able to log in it said code was for guests only but there is no way to use it on the guest page? following all the different instructions does not work

Yes, as part of the anti cheating measures in place, when a code is granted via browsing the site, it is only usable by the account logged in (or by Guest, if there is no log in session). Just hit a few more pages after you've logged in and you'll get one usable by your real account!

The only reason I allowed "Guest" to qualify for the codes is to help advertise the contest to more people. I'd like all users of our site to have the chance to win something!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 06:35:26 PM by Rorce »