Author Topic: Songs of Old  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Songs of Old
« on: December 02, 2017, 09:14:09 PM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://ros.eqresource.com/songsofold.php

Offline Juniare

• Premium Member
Re: Songs of Old
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 07:24:36 PM »
For the first book "The First Brood" it is in the tunnel area with Ellarr Stormcloud on top of one of the book shelves in the room.

Offline Mordigo

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 06:34:38 PM »
2nd step is Find the book called Forgotten Blood and give it to Gelidalin.

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 10:05:38 PM »
2nd step is Find the book called Forgotten Blood and give it to Gelidalin.

Thanks, fixed

Offline Fian

• Premium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 01:56:07 PM »
Elder Servant Kraton is mezzable. For the third book the strat is normally to mez him, kill boss next to him, and then kill elder servant kraton.

Offline Galamann

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 04:20:09 PM »
PSA for everyone. For the step near "Travenro the Skygazer", this spawns a drake that is not easy. He has two AEs, one is a silence with a dot, and another is a regular dot. You want to stay at long range and might want two groups.

If you fail at killing him he stays up and no one can kill the named in the room. Be warned.

Offline Gnomius

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 09:41:18 PM »
Elder Servant Obsliv is the most difficult part of the quest. he is the drake that spawns during steps 2 and 3. he casts Curse of the Lorekeeper, a long range AE silence, Lorekeepers Flame, a directional AE dot, and Aggressive Buffet, a directional DD. Me (necro) and my wife (cleric) killed it by pet tanking with a healer merc and a wizard merc. Travenro WAS up when we entered the room.

The setup:

First, I made a GINA audio trigger to avoid his silence. The text to search for is:

Elder Servant Obsliv begins to cast a spell. <Curse of the Lorekeeper>

He casts it every 45 seconds, so I set the gina trigger to give me a 10 second warning.

Cleric set up outside the room, behind the pillar on the right if you are looking at the door.
I pulled the drake up towards the door and away from Travenro. Travenro assisted if I sent my pet to pull, but NOT if I pulled with a non-aggro debuff, so it IS possible to split them. Once the Elder drake was away from Travenro I used companion relocation to push him away from the door, towards the northeastern pillar. This moved him out of silence range for the cleric and turned him away from us so the directional dot wouldn't affect us.

When he's about to cast his silence, I would run back to the pillar where the cleric was hiding and avoid the silence myself. Either I had my pet far enough away from that point, or the pillar blocked the AE..I'm not sure, but it worked in either case.

When it was safe, I would run into the room and dot the mob, get the 10 second warning, run back to the safe spot, rebuff my pet with runes and/or spot heal if necessary, then go back into the room to dot him up again after silence triggered.

It was slow going, but we killed him easily enough once we figured out how to avoid his silence and where to place him to avoid the directional dot. He was certainly easier than Tavenro himself, from a pet tanking perspective.

We got lucky enough to kill the other elder drake when the named in the room was NOT up, so I don't know how easy he is to split away from the named there. He is a MUCH easier mob, though. He's a very standard drake and if he has any AE abilities, I didn't notice them. For either of the two elder drakes, I would recommend having a puller drop task and approach the rooms to check for named. You could then kill the named outside of it's room, add the puller back to the task, and then enter the room to spawn the elder drakes.

Offline Robindood

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 08:14:45 PM »
When walking up the ramp for the third book, the task will update getting close to the room, there is no door to click there, so quest mob will spawn if Milyex is still in the room. Either have someone without task enter room to pull Milyex, or just split. Milyex can be split easily with SK.