Author Topic: Beta Testing - Multi Character Inventory Manager  (Read 8008 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Beta Testing - Multi Character Inventory Manager
« on: December 16, 2018, 03:40:32 PM »
This next application I've been working on is an inventory manager for all of your EverQuest characters. It keeps track of all of your characters items, and allows you to search and sort through items across all characters.

To get started, run the installation and open the application. The application will auto monitor your EverQuest directory for new inventory output files. To set up an auto monitor, go to Options > Monitor Directories > Add Directory.

Once your EQ directory has been added you can type "/outputfile inventory" from inside your eq game. The MCIM program will automatically pick up the output file and parse it.

Realestate items are being implemented currently. You can try outputting them and playing with them, let me know if you run into any bugs!

I've also got more additions to this program in mind, but I'd like to know what you guys think, what you want to see added!

The installation for this application can be found below. As with applications like GamParse, you'll have to ignore the security warnings and allow the application to run/install. Maybe eventually I can afford a certificate to avoid that annoyance!

NOTE: If you get an error regarding Microsoft.Ace.OLEDB you simply need the Access Database Engine. I'm working on getting it to install with the MCIM setup, but for the time being you can install that from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23734 - This should be resolved, if you still get errors please relay those here (be as specific as possible please!)

https://eqresource.com/software/mcim/mcim_setup.exe
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 04:34:36 PM by Rorce »

Offline Greym Greymantle

• Premium Member
Re: Beta Testing - Multi Character Inventory Manager
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 02:45:12 PM »
It would be helpfull if the file name was NOT setup.exe . That one causes AV programs fits.

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 04:32:45 PM »
It would be helpfull if the file name was NOT setup.exe . That one causes AV programs fits.

I'll change the name, but I'm doubting it will make a difference. Most AV's will dislike it because it doesn't have a trusted security certificate (which is rather expensive to get).

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 06:54:53 PM »
V 0.3.2.2 Change Log:

- Fixed an issue that allowed clicking out of intended bounds of context menus. Credit: Erollisi.Andien

- Did a massive revamp of the Edit Accounts window. Hopefully this window is more informative and easier to understand. Credit: Cazic.Ranonman

- Exiting the Edit Accounts window no longer forces a data refresh, but prompts the user to do so. Also added the "Refresh Data" option under the Options menu. Credit: Cazic.Ranonman

- Corrected a bug that didn't refresh the character drop down menu (used for the "Worn Gear" tab) when a different version of EQ was selected (Live, Test, Beta).

- Various lists that show Characters and Accounts should now sort alphabetically. Credit: Erollisi.Andien

- Cut update and installation file sizes in half.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 11:53:08 AM by Rorce »

Offline Greym Greymantle

• Premium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 11:21:46 AM »
Greetings , this is very handy. I do have a suggestion / request if possible. in the search and filter tab, is it possible to get an additional listing with the last updated date?
Issue, when searching by character & account specific checked. The search ignores the fact that I have only one of each checked and lists everything on all accounts and multiple char. This is with item name blank. Example attached
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 11:24:31 AM by Greym Greymantle »

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 12:50:34 PM »
I don't think it would be too difficult to add a last updated field on the Search and Filter tab, I'll add that to the list.
Thanks for reporting that bug, I will look into it.

And thanks for Beta testing this software!

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 12:07:39 AM »
Greym, I can't seem to replicate that bug. I added 6 characters across 4 accounts, selected only 1 character and 1 account (the same account that character was bound to), and clicked search with a blank item name search field. My results were only items for the expected character.

I did make a change to the Search and Filter tab that could for some odd reason fix your problem, it will be pushed in the next update (some time in the next 24 hours hopefully). If this doesn't fix it, please let me know if you can provide additional info.

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 12:59:35 AM »
V 0.3.3.0 Change Logs:

- Real Estate should be fully functional now! When the program catches a Real Estate file it will perform a "pre parse" of the file to gather all of the character names that exist in the file. The user will then be prompted to select which characters they wish to parse from the file. This is still very new, and I expect bugs. Please report them when you find them :).

- Due to the class structure changes required for the Real Estate feature, the program may not work correctly with old data. If things don't seem to be working, clear all data by going to Options > Clear All Data. Sorry!

- Added a "Last Updated" field to the Search and Filters tab.

- Removed the "Accounts" list in Search and Filters tab. It was causing nothing but issues, and after a long hard thinking session I decided it didn't really make sense to have. Example: What happens if a user has 1 character selected from an account, but the account has multiple characters. If the account is unselected that one character won't be searched, but if the account is selected all characters will be searched. I think it makes more sense to just select searches by characters.

Offline Greym Greymantle

• Premium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 12:09:41 PM »
Happy new year!. Thanks for the last updated change. Issue , in the search tab if i select a single character and hit search, i get a pop-up window for every other character that i have to click before it processes the search. Does find what i am looking for but is a bit of a pain as i have near a dozen toons loaded now.

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 12:22:52 AM »
Happy new year!. Thanks for the last updated change. Issue , in the search tab if i select a single character and hit search, i get a pop-up window for every other character that i have to click before it processes the search. Does find what i am looking for but is a bit of a pain as i have near a dozen toons loaded now.

Lol, that was some debugging code I forgot to remove. I fixed it, but I can't push an update right now because I'm midway through another feature. I'll try to get an update out in the next day or two!

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 06:59:24 PM »
Note: I somehow disabled checking for updates in the last release, so that release will no longer check for updates. You'll have to re run the newest installation file. As long as you choose default settings your data should be fine. Sorry about that.

Version 0.4.0.0

- Added a Real Estate Items tab. This works similar to the Worn Gear tab, in that you must select the character you wish to view the Real Estate data for.

- The program will now check for new items from the EQResource database on application start up. There is also an option to manually check under the Options menu item. Prior to this addition the items were only updated when I rolled out a new version of the program.

- Bug fix: Using the Search feature will no longer cause a popup message for each character it is searching.

Offline Greym Greymantle

• Premium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 11:05:27 PM »
Log file from new download. Will not let me attach..

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
   Windows          : 10.0.17134.0 (Win32NT)
   Common Language Runtime    : 4.0.30319.42000
   System.Deployment.dll       : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
   clr.dll          : 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
   dfdll.dll          : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
   dfshim.dll          : 10.0.17134.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
   Deployment url         : file:///D:/downloads/MCIM.application

ERROR SUMMARY
   Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
   * Activation of D:\downloads\MCIM.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
      + Downloading file:///D:/downloads/MCIM.application did not succeed.
      + Could not find file 'D:\downloads\MCIM.application'.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
   No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
   There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
   * [2019-01-06 11:57:03 PM] : Activation of D:\downloads\MCIM.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
   Following errors were detected during this operation.
   * [2019-01-06 11:57:03 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
      - Downloading file:///D:/downloads/MCIM.application did not succeed.
      - Source: System.Deployment
      - Stack trace:
         at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
         at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
         at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState, X509Certificate2 clientCertificate)
         at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
         at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
         at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
         at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
      --- Inner Exception ---
      System.Net.WebException
      - Could not find file 'D:\downloads\MCIM.application'.
      - Source: System
      - Stack trace:
         at System.Net.FileWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
         at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
      --- Inner Exception ---
      System.Net.WebException
      - Source: System
      - Stack trace:
         at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
         at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponseCallback(Object state)
      --- Inner Exception ---
      System.IO.FileNotFoundException
      - Source: mscorlib
      - Stack trace:
         at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
         at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
         at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
         at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async)
         at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
   No transaction information is available.

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 12:39:40 AM »
Can you tell me how that happened? Did you try to run the new setup file? If so, how far did it get before that error occurred?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 12:43:42 AM by Rorce »

Offline Greym Greymantle

• Premium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 10:32:24 AM »
Morning , saw your message about the auto update being disabled. So i downloaded the install file again. I get the initial loading window with the green bar then it stops. That error message shows . The program itself still works if i use the exsisting one i had previously downloaded.

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 12:45:19 PM »
Thank you, with that information I was able to track down the issue. I pushed a new .exe file for installation that -should- fix your problems.

Sorry about that, I'm still learning this software update system. Hopefully I'll have a good handle on it soon!

Offline Greym Greymantle

• Premium Member
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 01:13:13 PM »
Cool thanks for the quick fix. I will try it out when i get home. No need to appologize, thats why where here , to kick the tires and get the bugs out.

Offline Greym Greymantle

• Premium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 09:20:08 PM »
Working now :)

Offline Greym Greymantle

• Premium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 11:47:25 AM »

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 06:09:43 PM »
Have you looked at the changes to outputfile names on test?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/output-file-name-change.253743/#post-3733119

Aye. It's funny, I was talking to one of the developers just a couple months ago and mentioned that it would be nice to have that feature. I wanted to add Servers into the program from the start, but with already needing user input for accounts, it seemed too cumbersome for server input as well. I'll get this update in this weekend hopefully!

I've also got a login system fully functional (limited testing) and the ability to export data to an Excel document. I'm hoping to have all of this stuff pushed out in an update before the patch next week!

Offline Greym Greymantle

• Premium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2019, 12:25:47 PM »
Just thought you would like to know. Latest version seems good. Not tried the excell part yet, but the rest is working as intended :)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2019, 06:24:45 PM »
Just thought you would like to know. Latest version seems good. Not tried the excell part yet, but the rest is working as intended :)

Thanks!

Offline Escapedeath

• Premium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2019, 11:47:36 AM »
Hello,

I have never posted here but I read a lot. I downloaded the Multi Character Inventory Manager but I am having an issue. When I go to options, edit accounts, add account (this is where I am stuck) I try to add my character but it does not find one. I added the name on the account but I cannot get past here. I tried to look at the documentation to find out for my self but I cannot get that tab to load either. I am sure that I am making a noob mistake but I am at a loss as to what it is. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. ....Please disregard, I have figured it out now. Thank you!

Update, all the inventory is listed there. When I go to the worn gear tab, it is empty. How do I get this to populate? I just just using this to try and manage my augs. Up to now I have sucked at this and I am trying to step up my game. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 12:06:21 PM by Escapedeath »

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2019, 06:07:24 PM »
When you select the Worn gear tab there will be a dropdown menu populate in the upper right hand corner with your characters. Simply select one of your characters from the list and the tab should populate. If this doesn't work please let me know and we can further troubleshoot! (if possible please include a screenshot if you still have this issue!)

Being as it's still in Beta, and in a state of constant change, I haven't written any documentation yet.

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2019, 02:26:32 PM »
(This update was pushed a couple weeks ago but I forgot to put notes here for history purposes).
0.5.0.0 Change Logs:

- Updated for the file naming changes in todays patch.

- Added a Log In system. At the moment the system should be fully operational, in that logging in will authenticate you as a Premium user or a Free user. However, there are no features tied to authentication yet. Feel free to test the log in system!

- Added an Excel Export feature. This feature is still in its early stages, and was rushed to be semi functional so I could push a release before the patch, as there were changes in the EQ patch that would break MCIM without an update. Basically all the Export feature does now is exports an Excel document with all of your characters items. In the future you will have much more control over what data is included or excluded in exports.

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2019, 11:24:26 AM »
Change Log for MCIM 0.5.1.0

- Expanded on the Export to Excel feature.

- You can now select which characters you wish to export data for.

- You can also now select if you'd like all selected characters data exported to an Excel document with a single sheet, or a document with one sheet per character.