Gambosoft > Gambosoft Support

Gamparse 1.5.1.3 DS vs. cleric RDS

(1/3) > >>

Jamz:
Cleric RDS showing up as a fake player is great. Any other DS, however, only showing up as "environmental" on the player DPS tab doesn't do the DS any justice. All it does is give the tank a very small boost in non-melee DPS. Can regular DS be made a fake player also please?

Deloehne:
Looking over last night's raids, several players have "environmental" damage that were not tanking. Lumping all environmental damage under one fake player will also distort what is going on. My vote would be to leave it assigned to the player taking the hit.

Jamz:
Everybody gets hit on a raid at one point or another but tanks take 99% of the hits. For most, "environmental" damage from a DS is insignificant non-melee damage. The tank alone will only do about 1K DPS non-melee with a DS but who cares? Everybody else's DS will give them maybe 5 DPS. If you're a DPS class already doing tens of millions of damage per raid event and want an extra 4000 damage added from your DS while taking AE ramp that's just silly. If regular DS is going to stay the same then make cleric RDS just as worthless. Why have 1 be a fake player and not the other? You can see DS damage now so why not parse DS damage? It would also show mob hitpoints a lot more accurately.

Deloehne:
I think DS dps is more than you expect. Here are results from a random collection of trash mobs for which I, a ranger, am MT, MA and Puller. Healing is from cleric mercs who neglect to cast RDS. The DS DPS is a combination of worn, self buffs, a mage long term DS, DS recourse from a ranger DoT, and a Mage 5 min DS (Surge of Shadow). Max DS dmg per hit is around 5K. Average Environmental DPS is around 2.8K. Cleric RDS would, I expect, be additive.

/tell Deloehne Deloehne -vs- A scout (4), An infiltrator (2), A trapper (2), A salver (2), A snarer (2): -- DMG: 56692080 -- DPS: 50259 -- Scaled: 50259 -- Slash: 18339124 -- DirDmg: 13150193 -- Pierce: 9436461 -- Crush: 7913166 -- Hit: 4091630 -- Environmental: 3224987 -- Kick: 415567 -- DoT: 120952 -- % dmg as normal: 50.9% -- % dmg as critical: 49.1% -- Non-crit rate: 69.5% -- crit rate: 30.5% -- Attempts: 8535 -- Hits: 7676 -- Missed: 859 -- Accuracy: 89.9% -- Avg Hit: 7385 -- Max hit: 174251 -- D ...

I don't know about anyone else, but I am as much interested in parsing group events as I am raid events. Knowing how much DPS a DS actually does will influence my choice of spells to cast and the order in which they are cast. For all I know, it might influence raid buffing as well.

In short, I don't see benefit from consolidating DS damage, I see no harm in keeping it as is, and I expect that fixing it will cost someone time and resources.

Jamz:
DS dps is a lot more than anyone expects and that's my whole point. That's why it deserves to be a fake player for all to see in an overall parse and not just 1 individual's environmental damage. Do the math. You were the tank and your DS parse did 5% of your total damage. If you weren't the tank it'd be 0% but my point is that it adds up over time. Do I want to break out the calculator and add up environmental dmg for 54 players on a raid just to show how significant DSs are? No I don't. That's why regular DS should be a fake player just like cleric RDS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version