Author Topic: Traitors Among Us  (Read 3390 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Traitors Among Us
« on: November 20, 2012, 10:12:06 PM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://rof.eqresource.com/traitorsamongus.php

Offline Maereax

Re: Traitors Among Us
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 01:05:45 PM »
When killing the crystals, there are two giant adds (called 'A Crystal Guard' i think?) next to each. The lore NPCs will "help" with them, but they don't actually do much damage and if you are in melee range or over-agro, they won't tank for you).

When killing the blackfist brothers, there are a large amount of mobs in the room with them that will agro. Again, the NPCs will help, but it's at least four mobs, then the three blackfists. We got swarmed and lost the merc healer at that point, luckily SKs are amazing and I was able to self heal, if barely.

Offline william

Re: Traitors Among Us
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 09:50:33 AM »
done this quest three times, here are some tips;

When killing the crystals, there are two giant adds (called 'A Crystal Guard' i think?) next to each. The lore NPCs will "help" with them, but they don't actually do much damage and if you are in melee range or over-agro, they won't tank for you); clear all ads around crystals first

When killing the blackfist brothers, there are a large amount of mobs in the room with them that will agro. Again, the NPCs will help, but it's at least four mobs, then the three blackfists. We got swarmed and lost the merc healer at that point, luckily SKs are amazing and I was able to self heal, if barel

1. clear all the mobs that will aggro the brothers
2. clear all trash in hallway
3. pin brothers in corner, and DPS " like baby jesus life depends on it", i used three merc healers, they summon so be ready for the fight of your life

suggestion " box " group make up

sk, mage, necro, 3 merc healers

"regular group make up ":
Tank ( 8K AC min )
healer X2
Slower
DPS
DPS

some player notes

OK, if you are a pet class and have multiple pet classes in this mission....GL. I boxed this using a mage,necro,bard and cleric and the problems I had were numerous.

1. No where in the write up did it mention that there are giants in this zone not on any faction.. they con attack and they are located behind Capt Bvellos (2 mobs on the wall) along with the roaming dog, inside the doorway when you go to Wevek, 1 just outside Wevek's building, he will be involved later when you fight the Shards, he's be behind the 2 shard guards and will add into the fight.2 mobs at the ice wall and finally inside Iceshard manor. The mobs inside Iceshard manor are in the hallway (3) and about 5-6 mobs inside the room you are going to fight Bjoskhua Blackfist and his 2 brothers.
2. K that isn't horrible, what is is what happens if you are a pet class. During the fight, you will get NPCs which will join your group to help you and they seemed to attach themselves to random people. If you are a pet class and get one attached to you, your regular pet is useless. You no longer can control it. I tried putting my regular pet away and then having the NPCs with me and making that go away. Nope, didn't work. I tried summoning my pet and would get the NPC. I did log out and when I came back, I was left with no pet, I had to recast one and then buff it and later in the mission I would get another NPC attached to me so I had to do that all over again. I did the mission but it took me about 6 hours to complete, at total PITA.

I may have been bugged and just too dumb to get another mission and start over but I did finish it. Wish I had known about the giants being on attack, I would have conned them to start with and not had those problem. I made the mistake of thinking it was like being in the regular Kael zone. My bad - lol.