Author Topic: Day 3, Call of the Forsaken - 7 days of EQResource Anniversary Contests!  (Read 5956 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Welcome to Day 3 of the 7 days of EQResource Anniversary Contests!

Todays theme is the Call of the Forsaken expansion. Please post in this thread to participate in day 3 of the contest! We want to hear what your favorite part of the Call of the Forsaken expansion was!

For full contest details, please visit the official contest thread here: https://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=195415
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 10:45:10 AM by Rorce »

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
My favorite part of CotF was definitely the introduction of Heroic Adventures. I really enjoyed these missions, and thought they brought variety and flavor to the content. They were a breath of fresh air for the LFG'ers, and brought people together more so, in my opinion, than in most recent previous expansions.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 10:45:21 AM by Rorce »

Offline Gnar

I liked the HA's because you could start them at 75, and could either buy gear for your level from previous expansions or save up till you hit 100 and get the good stuff !. it was also nice to find some of the augs that were a pain to camp were now purchasable on the vendors. Tainted West Karana was nicely done, big zone, being careful to avoid the cyclops Roon and Shoon brought back memories of original Karana's. Merc equipment was nice, just wish it was visable. The Dark Elf Plate ornaments and Bixie Plate ornaments were nicely done and still some of my favorites. Raids were fun, I loved my Cold Steel Axe !!!

Offline Darrionn

CoTF was the first expansion that I found where you could go in and Burn a quick lesson with a HA , Get some nice gear and loot and finish off your play time with a rewarding experience. It was always nice to end that way after a tough day of Grinding, Quests, or Progression where things didn't feel always so rewarding. So to have this as a final treat was a nice addition to the game!! Happy 7th Anniversary!! We love your walk though's by the way!!

Offline Graves

My favourite bit was the way you could do the same easy HA's over and over and over and over again till you were max level and fully geared.

:D

Offline Kezik

Cotf was fun. I liked how the achievements began to have a lasting impact on your character, with the introduction of hero aas

Offline Bobsmith

Argin-Hiz

I liked the different challenges in this zone from the mixed type mobs in the tunnels to the named with massive ds, adds etc.

Really made you work to complete it.

Offline Ebut

My Favorite Part of CoTF was the revisit on the older zones,it showed as we were levling an getting more powerful that the other residents of norrath weren't just staying the same

Offline Yinla

Dead Hills Partian quest line, loved the video clip at the end. :)

Offline aikeilyu

LOL got my expansions mixed up yesterday.

It was the CotF expansion through which I first began collecting ground spawns as represented by round golden balls of light.
Got too close to one of the all seeing eyes in Tainted WK and got spanked!

Offline ghanda

• Premium Member
Re: Day 2, Call of the Forsaken - 7 days of EQResource Anniversary Contests!
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 10:44:18 AM »
Shinys !!!

Offline Thunderkiks

• Premium Member
Re: Day 2, Call of the Forsaken - 7 days of EQResource Anniversary Contests!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 10:47:33 AM »
CoTF introduced so many good things it's hard for me to pick a favorite. The Heroic adventures were a great way to get fast XP, the Heroic AA's were a nice thing to boost our characters, and I really liked the missions. They were pretty challenging. Argin Hiz is my favorite zone.

Offline Provolone

Re: Day 3, Call of the Forsaken - 7 days of EQResource Anniversary Contests!
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2018, 10:57:07 AM »
I liked a lot about CotF but heroic adventures really were nice for a quick group and some really fun story lines.

Offline KellanMarr

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2018, 11:04:31 AM »
The addition of ground-spawn collection items definitely made a positive impact on the game. Watching someone in your group race over to grab a shiny and get thrashed by five mobs because their invis dropped is always funny. These are the entire reason I have a rogue alt.

HA's are good for boxers and those with a regular group, and they put more effort into getting Hunter achs finished.

Offline Funk

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2018, 11:27:36 AM »
I really liked all the cool items gained through progression. The pirates eyepatch with cycling illusions plus an awesome self buff being my favorite.

Loved the weapon graphics also, someone put hard work into the details on some of those weapons.

And the improved portal attuning method was a nice change from RoF.

Offline VorpalChicken

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2018, 11:42:36 AM »
Has to be Heroic Adventures they breathed new life into the game and were a ton of fun!

Offline Sacranor

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2018, 11:50:14 AM »
As someone who missed it on release I have to say the easy zone travel was the best part. HAs and collections were game changers on release no doubt, but now with them as common as they are the easy travel still rocks in the expansion.

Offline Corwyhn

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2018, 11:56:02 AM »
Loved the gribbles when they first came out. Enjoyed some of the more interesting HAs but not to do over and over. Great variety in HAs though.

Offline magister

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2018, 12:21:06 PM »
In CotF the heroic adventures were pretty solid for the grind but the shared bank slots made life infinitely easier

Offline Dirtypaws

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2018, 12:26:34 PM »
I was very confused with this expansion since it was also the same time I returned to the game after a few years away. I loved the bank slots but didn't really get into the HA's until a couple of years later after everyone else moved on. And the staggered release was even more confusing.

I really liked that they added more ground spawn collections to continue that feature from the previous expansion (ROF) as I had almost finished all the ones there in Shards Landing.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 12:31:25 PM by Dirtypaws »

Offline Sheex

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2018, 12:32:53 PM »
The bixie warfront missions, especially the Thunder Gun trio were amazing.

I know a lot of people don’t read the text and lore in game, but those are absolutely amazing, from escaping the prison by throwing rocks at your jailers to the political unrest and mob inciting in the other line, and wrecking the bixie homes, those were all good fun.

Offline Fizzelin

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2018, 01:09:18 PM »
I really enjoyed CoTF! My favorite part was that I was able to complete all parts of group progression with my box team. I needed zero outside help, though I did run a lot of friends through parts they were stuck on. I enjoyed the story and the quests overall.

Offline Beabopp

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2018, 01:18:16 PM »
After I had returned from a long break from EQ, this was the latest expansion everyone was working on. I remember being too low of a level at first to fight anywhere in that expansion and hearing grand stories about this gnome named Gribble and all the fantastic xp you could get from his HA's. When I did finally level enough to explore, I remember zoning into EWK and not even 1 minute later getting smashed down in 1 hit by that giant one eyed freak...Shoon? Roon? One of them a-holes that roams by the ZI. Welcome to CotF :o

Offline Metanis

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2018, 01:37:44 PM »
My favorite part of CotF was definitely the introduction of Heroic Adventures. I really enjoyed these missions, and thought they brought variety and flavor to the content. They were a breath of fresh air for the LFG'ers, and brought people together more so, in my opinion, than in most recent previous expansions.

I have to agree here 100%. I really enjoyed doing the Historian's pages quest as it required you to do all 9 of the Dead Hills missions to get the drops. The Descending Tower was challenging even years later.

Offline Mouriarty

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2018, 01:48:47 PM »
Well this is both my favorite memory and kind of like a song that is burned into your brain something I would rather forget.

Along came a Gnome named Gribble.....
A little back story to set the mood

A long time ago when EQ was still in its infancy people began finding areas to go for leveling. Such places as Unrest became very crowded and no one had any issues finding a grp, but they did have issues getting out of the way of trains and or finding mobs.
- Fast forward many years and along came a Gnome called Gribble. -

I had rejoined the EQ community - made a herioc SK and made some friends. By level 92 I was told that I was doing it wrong. I asked "What do you mean?" They replied "You are wasting your time killing things in Argath, you need to meet a little Gnome named Gribble." We began our trek to The Dead Hills and as we were running thru Dulak's he paused and said "You are going to hate this gnome so please remember this moment now before I show you what is going to be all you see for a long time." I was young and naive and eager for experience so I nudged him on.

It was GLORIOUS! dozens and dozens of players all in the same zone! Could this be right? It had been a veritable ghost town everywhere I went (except PoK of course). *Side note this was also my first real introduction to the death of grouping - boxers n box named theme guilds...sigh*
I was overjoyed! I asked "why would you say that I will rue this day?" He said "Oh not this one my friend. Probably not even the next or the week after, but trust me you will begin the dislike being here as much as I do!" And with that he wandered drunkenly away.... :))

Many many mission runs later I will say I hate that gnome.

That is the story of a gnome named Gribble.

**Also the time I mistakenly thought the ogre missions would be similar (Spoiler alert) they are NOT!**
Cheers!!

Kaiser Saerza Kosza - 110 ENC of FV