Author Topic: INSTRUCTIONS  (Read 1403 times)

Offline sgranquist

• Premium Member
INSTRUCTIONS
« on: July 23, 2018, 10:08:25 PM »
When will there be actual instructions?

Offline Beimeith

• Premium Member
Re: INSTRUCTIONS
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 05:25:54 AM »
It's on my list of things to do but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

If you have a specific question about something I can most likely answer it.

EDIT:

On this note, I *have* been adding tooltips (the note that pops up when you hover the mouse over something) in for stuff as I change it to help explain what settings do.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 04:42:29 PM by Beimeith »

Offline sgranquist

• Premium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 06:01:09 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't know enough about the program to ask a specific question. I'm not the technical/mechanical type but get the general idea but am at a loss as to how to get the parses I need on raids and testing. At this point I'm interested in my own and pet combined dps, spells cast and total damage, which are understandably quite different from the ones posted on raids by people in other groups. If you could explain how to select to send to a clipboard it would probably help.

Offline Deloehne

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 12:17:01 PM »
I think what you are trying to do is most easily done by following the normal setup of GamParse - setting the player name, server name, and pointing to the log file to monitor on start up - and making the changes to limit the info to you and your pet using Options - Filters (or whatever it actually is as EQ is patching right now) to limit the log file to your own damage and that of your pet. If you look at that window in EQ you will see that many but not all of the log text can be turned off or turned to self-only.

Hope this helps.