Author Topic: August 13, 2018 - 7 days of EQResource Anniversary Contests!  (Read 7909 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
August 13, 2018 - 7 days of EQResource Anniversary Contests!
« on: August 13, 2018, 08:44:57 AM »
Guess who's turning 7 soon? If you're like me, you wouldn't have guessed EQResource! It's hard to imagine we've been working on this site for 7 years, and I absolutely never expected EQResource to endure for this long! But we have not only endured, but continued to grow year after year!

We've put together a contest (or 7) to help get you guys as excited as we are about this milestone! Check out the official contest thread for all the details, but the gist of it is this: Come to our forums each day for 7 days and post about your favorite thing(s) from a specific expansion.

You can check out the official contest thread, which has all the details, rules, and prizes here: https://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=195415

The expansion highlighted today is the Veil of Alaris expansion, and here's the part where I get all nostalgic.

Veil of Alaris was not only the first expansion we (EQResource), as a team, worked on an expansion Beta together to create guides, but it's the first expansion I really played Beta on in any real capacity. I dabbled in previous Betas, but mostly just did the bare minimum to get the Beta rewards.

Veil of Alaris was a fun Beta, but it was also a very challenging one. Being our first Beta as team EQResource, we had to figure out how to manage all of the data we were collecting, and how to turn that data into guides and other usable information for all of you! We were also still trying to figure out who we were, and exactly what direction we wanted to go with this website. We had only launched the site a couple months prior to Beta, and were still unknown to most players.

I'd like to think we got a lot of things right during this period of learning and exploration, but I definitely know we got some things wrong! If you used our guides for VoA, I'm positive you can see how the site evolved over the next few expansions to be more useful and more informative.

Now it's your turn to get nostalgic! Head over to the Day 1 contest thread (after you've read all the rules!) and tell us your favorite thing from the Veil of Alaris expansion!

Offline startrek41

• Premium Member
Re: August 13, 2018 - 7 days of EQResource Anniversary Contests!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 11:42:01 AM »
Gratz on 7 years.