Author Topic: EQResource Class Emblem Light Contest - Bard Contest  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
EQResource Class Emblem Light Contest - Bard Contest
« on: November 18, 2023, 05:02:45 PM »

EQResource Light Giveaway - Bard Class Emblem Light

Be sure to read all the rules by clicking here!

This contest is sponsored by Timber & Twine!  Be sure to check out their Etsy shop!

For this contest we'd like to hear about what your favorite part of EverQuest is.  Is it the friendships you've forged over the years?  Is it the camaraderie among your guild mates while slaying legendary dragons?  Or is abolishing gnolls a relaxing way to unwind after the work day?  Whatever it is, we want to hear about it!  You can include as much or as little detail as you like.  All entries will be randomed on 12/1/2023 to determine a winner.  Good luck!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 05:04:39 PM by Rorce »

Offline Exuo

• Premium Member
Re: EQResource Class Emblem Light Contest - Bard Contest
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2023, 05:43:56 PM »
I am fortunate enough to have a normal Sunday Group, it has grown and shrunk and grown again over the years. As an SK, I never held any respect for the Bard class, I'd love to say it was just /roleplay but it was more than that, I never really got to experience the class as a beneficial part of my groups "back in the day" as they always seemed to cause much more trouble than they were worth.

My reason for entering the contest is a testament of the 3 different Bards I have had the (now) pleasure of grouping with in the last few years. They not only raised the bar, each one moved it higher and higher for the ones to follow. They knew / know how to make the most (and then some) of the class and have increase our playability as a team.

I have to admit they became an invaluable resources and tool for our group, and we are far better off for them - If I were to win, this would be gifted the to one of those players.

Offline Provolone

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 12:41:49 PM »
EverQuest has always been about a group of people tackling various challenges to me. The idea of a bard drew me in instantly and I'm glad after all these years they are still a highly desired class in groups, also that we don't have to manually twist songs anymore because most bards would be retired from injury if that stayed.

Offline Abazzagorath

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023, 07:07:57 PM »
Beta raid testing, easily.

Offline Dirtypaws

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2023, 07:49:46 PM »
EQ is like a life within a life. When your RL isn't going well you can escape into the game. How ironic that I am entering a Bard sign contest when the one time I tried to play a bard I died over and over to the guards in Crescent Reach before figuring out it was the song I was playing!

Offline Vexana-Lanys

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2023, 10:09:19 PM »
The people.  Always the people.

Offline kirkisx

• Premium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2023, 10:09:26 PM »
So the best thing about Everquest is I met my Girlfriend here.. we shared groups together and we started dating bc of Everquest.. 120 Paladin and a 120 Shadowknight a match made in Norrath ha ha well what do you call 2 High Elf / Dark Elf Babies Sebastian and Kaladin he he.. but Everquest was the start of my real family and the family i built in game raiding, building homes in neighborhood to just collecting stuff i started pre alpha in 1999 and im still going strong with my girlfriend and hopefully now a Cleric and Mage when they group up!!!!

Offline JexxCT

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2023, 01:14:16 AM »
Deep diving into difficult raid mechanics to figure out what will work for us, and then finally pulling off the win is the most satisfying feeling in EQ!

Offline Termination

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2023, 06:42:10 PM »
Hands down, beta raid testing and learning new strats to try to make the raids fast as possible!

Offline Ssixxa

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2023, 07:02:40 PM »
I've been playing EverQuest since I was 13. I'm 37 now. And I suspect I am not alone here in that regard. It's always been the community that draws me back. Other games just don't scratch the itch like this one does...and there is just so much to do that even 25 years in, I'm still finding new ways to enjoy the game.

Offline Kaitak

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2023, 08:05:44 PM »
It's all nostalgia in the making. My absolute favorite is working on something and I see a familiar place or name and I am taken back to that moment. Whether it be last year or last decade. So many wonderful memories.

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2023, 09:43:28 PM »
JexxCT is our big winner!  Thanks to everyone that entered, we really enjoyed reading your entries!