Author Topic: Aaryonar  (Read 862 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Aaryonar
« on: November 28, 2020, 06:01:41 PM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://cov.eqresource.com/aaryonar.php

Offline Nebulosity

Re: Aaryonar
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 11:02:52 AM »
anyone have a write up for this or what needs to be done...

Offline Zhetsurg

Re: Aaryonar
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 11:06:25 AM »
This one is a little tough at first, especially if you don't have pretty good gear all around. As noted, Aaryonar goes inactive and flies around at 60%. Grolik spawns and the key with him despawn/respawning is to engage relatively quickly every time or it will reset.

DON'T be too close to the aura or you'll get a LONG and obnoxious stun that, in my experience, will get you killed pretty regularly. So be ready for him and position accordingly knowing he will summon whomever aggros him first.

Grolik will despawn at ~90%, then repop shortly after, burn him down to 60% where he depops again. When he pops again, the orbs will come and you get the emote along the lines of "elemental energy gathers in the hallway" - WAIT until they are at the bottom of the steps, otherwise engaging them their pathing gets dumb and they take too long to get to you for easily dragging them to auras and it gets tricky. I have always just run them into the middle and despawned all four so not sure on the individual auras/achieves the best way to go. I also just DPS Grolik down to 40% as quick as possible after the emote so he despawns to focus on aggroing all 4 orbs and despawning them in the aura. Usually the orbs will be right around the stairs at that point so it lines up nicely.

Grolik respawns and then you will have the 2 golems path in from the hallway, one right after the other. I always see the 2 golems, but only a few times took so long that we actually got the racnars/additional golems. Druid Paralytic Spores AA seemed to work for rooting the golems but the Paralytic Spray got resisted. Shaman VP or Spiritual Rebuke is handier for that.

Shortly after you'll get Aaryonar back on the ground again and need to engage him so the event doesn't reset. Tank him and burn Grolik down, who will despawn/respawn again around 20%, 10%, and 5% I think it is. Depending on how you want to burn, you can try to get Aaryonar down to 20% and he will fly off leaving you to just kill Grolik and get the chest. It can be a bit tough and the AOE + adds requires a fair bit of healing in my experience.