Author Topic: Beastlord AA Chat for The Darkened Sea  (Read 5106 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Beastlord AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« on: August 26, 2014, 08:59:19 PM »
[18:37] <@Elidroth> It's time to move on to Beastlords
[18:37] <@Elidroth> Druids, if you have more requests or feedback, don't hesitate to PM me with it
[18:37] * ChanServ changes topic to 'Beastlords, your time is now!'
[18:37] <Guado> Thank you Elidroth
[18:37] <@Elidroth> Yep yep
[18:37] <Elrodo> thanks
[18:38] <illa> thanks elidroth
[18:38] <Warbane> Hello - we are mostly in chat, if you'd to join please /join #EQbstchat
[18:38] <Warbane> Going to start when you're ready eli
[18:39] <@Elidroth> Go ahead..
[18:39] <Warbane> Bloodmagic - The power of your feral alignment allows you sacrifice your pets HP at a ratio of 1:1 for mana, not like canni, more like spiritual channeling.
[18:39] <Lainey> Thank you Elidroth
[18:39] <Warbane> Also possible we use our own HP etc.
[18:40] <@Elidroth> I don't really like it.. The warder really shouldn't be used as a mana battery
[18:40] <Warbane> How about if we use ourselves? Literal cannibalization.
[18:41] <@Elidroth> We can discuss it.. Not saying yes/no right now
[18:41] <Warbane> Ok sounds good, moving on.
[18:42] <Warbane> Mana preservation/specialization in the form of specialized evocation etc has been requested for several years. With the recent changes to mana preservation and the slotted upgrades to paragon (we don't know the values yet) we are looking for a beastlord specific Feral Lords Casting Fury mastery that would grant specialized evocation skills.
[18:43] <Warbane> Open to interpretation as you see fit really.
[18:43] <@Elidroth> Same as before.. I'll consider it and talk it over with the rest of the team
[18:44] <Thundersnake> Can GBA Dmg mod be put on differnt slot so it doesn't overwrite monk infusion AA?
[18:44] <Warbane> Ok that's reasonable, moving on
[18:44] <@Elidroth> Game Boy Advanced doesn't do damage
[18:44] <illa> throw it harder
[18:44] <Duhbeast> hah
[18:44] <@Elidroth> well.. yeah..
[18:44] <Thundersnake> Group Bestial Alignment
[18:44] <illa> gba sps are bricks
[18:44] <Aldryn> bah duh *tss*
[18:45] <Warbane> Bestial revival - gives your combat ability kick or slam a chance to restore mana, scaling based on the amount of missing mana. You can get up to 2500 mana per kick,
[18:45] <Warbane> assuming you are at 0 mana from 100,000. This would scale down if your mana is higher.
[18:47] <@Elidroth> Thundersnake - I'll have to test it out.. one of the issues with having 15 years of spells and 12 years of AA is things have stacking issues. We're not always going to be able to find a slot for things that don't interfere with something else.. A second, and more important issue is.. Do we WANT them to stack?
[18:47] <@Elidroth> Warbane - don't have the functionality for that
[18:47] <Thundersnake> They don't really have to stack just not overwrite one another
[18:48] <Warbane> Ok, moving on.
[18:48] <Thundersnake> Infusion is better for the monk when they use it and if a Beastlord uses Group BA when thier Infusion is running it ruins their burns
[18:49] <Warbane> Bestial Attunement - 1/2/3% chance to twincast any spell. This would be innate and not activated, several folks have mentioned and I believe this is a good idea if the pure innate is declined, to make it maybe a 2/4/6% chance on the agro spam line - This would be Frozen Carbomate currently, this increases both the risk and rewards of the play style it employs.
[18:51] <@Elidroth> Twincast is limited to Priest and Caster.. I'd prefer it stay that way.
[18:51] <Warbane> Ok, would it be possible to consider and bring to the table maybe a focus-able beastlord only effect to twincast on something like helm as we have no current focus on that slot? I'm aware this would probably be a group decision. Functionality would be similar to zerkers having +ranged on gloves.
[18:52] <@Elidroth> I wouldn't count on it, but I'll discuss it
[18:52] <Warbane> Ok, that works.
[18:52] <Warbane> Hastened Ruaabri's Fury - 1/2/3 minute reduction in overall cooldown timer. This leaves room for more ranks in the future. I'm aware we were told yes to this previously, but we haven't heard much since, I assume because you wanted to fix the damage delay first.
[18:53] <@Elidroth> Hundred Hands had to get fixed first
[18:53] <Warbane> Yes, that is what I meant
[18:54] <@Elidroth> I'll discuss it with Aristo. I'm not likely to make changes to his spell balance without discussing it with him first
[18:54] <Warbane> Ok, I understand that.
[18:54] <Warbane> Moving on
[18:54] <Warbane> Fury's Final Salvo - A two-three minute re-use, that resets the current cooldown on all spell gems.
[18:55] <@Elidroth> Are you serious?
[18:56] <Warbane> Yes
[18:56] <Duhbeast> lol
[18:56] <@Elidroth> No
[18:56] <Warbane> Ok
[18:56] <Warbane> Ferociousness - Dramatically increases all weapon damage and accuracy for a short period, short re-use. I'm thinking 380/440/500% accuracy and minimum damage. 60 seconds flat,
[18:56] <Warbane> 8 minute re-use. Does not stack with Savage Rage line.
[18:58] <@Elidroth> That's way too powerful
[18:58] <Warbane> Ok, what do you think is more reasonable?
[18:59] <@Elidroth> Most abilities like that I've created last for 15-24 seconds, have a 24 minute reuse, and probably have about a 200% max damage increase.
[19:00] <@Elidroth> What you've asked for is an ability you can have running 12.5% of the time, for 5x the damage
[19:00] <Warbane> Just for reference, the primary one I was comparing is this
[19:00] <@Elidroth> well more than 5x since you'll basically never miss
[19:00] <Warbane> 2:   Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 70%
[19:00] <Warbane> 4:   Increase Chance to Hit by 250% with All Skills
[19:00] <Warbane> 5:   Increase All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier by 38%
[19:00] <Warbane> That lasts 1 minute, and is a shorter re-use than I suggested
[19:01] <Warbane> Would say, 1 minute duration - 10 minute reuse - 40 / 160 / 25% base be appropriate?
[19:01] <@Elidroth> and raises accuracy by 1/2, and damage by 13% of your numbers
[19:02] <Duhbeast> How would you feel about beefing up Companion's Sacrifice? In its current state, more healing is required when we hit that button. We don't get a lot of reduction from it and the pet gets destroyed. Can you look into this being a more viable defensive ability?
[19:02] <@Elidroth> I'll be happy to do an ability like you're requesting, but it'll be my numbers
[19:03] <Warbane> That's fine. a good compromise.
[19:04] <@Elidroth> The whole point is the pet gets destroyed so you don't
[19:05] <@Elidroth> damage shared is the same as /shield for tanks..
[19:06] <@Elidroth> that's in code, and I can't change it
[19:06] <Duhbeast> Ok, I was hoping the spiritual connection would bring enough love to defend the both of us during that time.
[19:07] <Duhbeast> What are the chances we can get a reduced cooldown on Playing Possom? Or a greater chance to fade when we stand up possibly?
[19:09] <KyleReese> Please tune the AAs so the God Illusions can be unlocked with 1000 AAs
[19:10] <@Elidroth> Please stay on topic.
[19:10] <@Elidroth> Playing Possum is currently 30s reuse.. that's fast enough
[19:11] <Romance> Any chance for a beastlord fade, perhaps similar to mages? Casted on the pet that recourses a fade on you?
[19:12] <guacamole> for Playing Possum it isnt fast enough, especially since it fails about half the time
[19:12] <@Elidroth> it has a 95% chance to succeed
[19:12] <Duhbeast> it seems like it fades 10% maybe?
[19:13] <Duhbeast> it works very well, we are forced to wait the whole time or reset the cooldown.
[19:14] <@Elidroth> It's nothing more than FeignDeath.. it works the same way
[19:14] <Duhbeast> As in re-agroing when we stand up and re feight, and back and forth about 10 times till it works
[19:14] <Duhbeast> ok
[19:14] <guacamole> doesnt seem to be, it fails 2 out of 3 times, and just about never does a fade, its kind of useless, either it needs to have a smaller cooldown, more of a chance to fade or silent casting...
[19:15] <Romance> So is that a no, on a beastlord fade. Curious so we can drop it and move on
[19:15] <Duhbeast> my aa sha's reprisal and the spell gem sha's reprisal rank 2 do not stack, the aa overrides, so I can't reslow with the spell gem. Could you make those 2 interchangable?
[19:17] <@Elidroth> the AA has a 6 second recast time. Why wouldn't you use the AA again?
[19:17] <Duhbeast> to go down the list and slow several mobs switching from gem to aa.
[19:18] <guacamole> That is another thing to. Ferocity will override any other ferocity no matter what rank, can we change this please? or atleast have a smaller cooldown on fero
[19:20] <Duhbeast> I was under the impression that they were the exact same spell, just different form. So if that is intented that's cool. Not a big deal we can move on.
[19:21] <Duhbeast> basically i consider it sacrificing a gem slot to be able to slow more than 1 mob every 6 seconds
[19:21] <@Elidroth> The AA was intended to free up the spell gem. If you choose not to do so, that's on you
[19:22] <Duhbeast> ok, fire away boys
[19:22] <Warbane> Ancestral Ways - Through a combination of martial mastery and spiritual guidance the beastlord can harvest the power of the spirits and grant a himself or an ally hp/mana/endurance.
[19:22] <Warbane> This can only occur once per hour.
[19:22] <Warbane> Values TBD as seen fit
[19:23] <@Elidroth> OK.. one request
[19:23] <@Elidroth> dump the lore
[19:23] <Warbane> mmk
[19:23] <@Elidroth> ask the question for what you want
[19:24] <Warbane> We want a single target massive paragon with a long re-use
[19:24] <KyleReese> Elidroth hates fluff!!!!
[19:24] <Warbane> Something where it's really make or break if it's used properly
[19:25] <@Elidroth> Fluff adds nothing to this discussion
[19:25] <@Elidroth> You already have Focused Paragon, and an massive endurance heal isn't something we're going to do
[19:26] <Lifeshriek> How about a Focused Paragon of Spirit for self only that also restores endurance
[19:26] <Warbane> Focused Paragon regenerates less per tick than a buff every ring in the game has, and it's intended to be a core class defining ability.
[19:26] <rep> ewwww who plays a bst :p
[19:27] <@Elidroth> then Focused Paragon needs to be adjusted.. You don't make a new broken ability to address an issue with a different ability
[19:28] <Warbane> I can agree to that. It needs adjustment, just keep in mind it's a single target ability, there is no recourse fotr the beastlord if he uses it on others. As it stands now with the way every class bleeds resources (i'm sure they've all told you!) FPOS is most definetely NOT a class defining skill, it's barely on par with the knowledge of the past line that every class has access to.
[19:31] <Warbane> Moving on another big thing is Gelid claw - I don't think anyone disagrees that we want the ability to turn the DD and debuff off/on, however with the way functionality currently is this might not be realistic. So the only thing we really agreed on was to request a new rank, however have this rank remove the DD + Debuff in exchange for a HH sustained proc. This not only fixes the conflicts
[19:31] <Warbane> with innate procs, but also the problems with debuff stacking and the sustained damage issue a lot are reporting.
[19:32] <@Elidroth> Gelid Rending you mean?
[19:33] <Warbane> Yes, sorry I mentioned the proc instead of the AA name
[19:33] <@Elidroth> I'll take a look at that. That could be workable.
[19:33] <Warbane> Ok sounds good, moving on
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:00:14 PM by Riou »

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: Beastlord AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 08:59:32 PM »
[19:34] <Warbane> A big request is triple attack, I saw we are getting three ranks of Bestial Frenzy for double attack, I was thinking three ranks of triple at values you see fit, high cost obviously. Similar to what's been being done with bards.
[19:34] <Warbane> Seperate from Burst of Power
[19:36] <@Elidroth> Adding Triple Attack won't help much without big double attack increases
[19:36] <@Elidroth> you need to double before you can triple
[19:36] <@Elidroth> So.. not right now
[19:36] <Lifeshriek> If we get Gelid Rending changed to a HH effect could this effect work on 2hb please as well as h2h and 1hb and 1hp?
[19:36] <Warbane> What lifeshrief said is also what I was about to mention
[19:37] <Warbane> Also on the topic of double attack, what are the chances we begin down that road with an ability that gains 25/50/75 double attack respectively seperate from bestial frenzy this expansion?
[19:37] <KyleReese> If Elidroth doesn't give a damn about this game's storyline then I'm hopeless!! How can a lead developer just go on about how the storyline is not part of the dicussion The players have no say in hte Storyline of EverQuest and that cheats us out of a Deep RichStory
[19:37] <Romance> probably best to not start on that kyle
[19:38] <Duhbeast> yes, lots of beastly things to discuss, water under the bridge bro
[19:40] <@Elidroth> Not very good, Warbane. Bestial Frenzy is your double attack line
[19:40] <Romance> How do you feel about hastened casting for "Consumption of Spirit"?
[19:42] <Romance> ie, making the casting time shorter for that AA
[19:42] <Romance> I believe it is currently 2 seconds
[19:43] <@Elidroth> Do you mean Quickened?
[19:43] <Lifeshriek> yes
[19:43] <Romance> that's probably what I mean, yes lol
[19:43] <@Elidroth> can shorten it by 50%
[19:44] <Lifeshriek> Can we get another rank of Consumption of Spirit please?
[19:44] <Romance> <3
[19:45] <@Elidroth> ok
[19:45] <Romance> Asking this one for a friend
[19:45] <KyleReese> Romance I'm gonna disobey what you just said. EQ is becoming "Kill Every Thing" instead of Ever Quest
[19:45] <Romance> would it be possible to creat a permanent effect that counter balances the spell subtely AA line?
[19:45] <Romance> for tanking in groups
[19:47] <Romance> So a buff that would increase aggro equal to the effect of the spell subtlety AA line
[19:47] <@Elidroth> I suppose you could
[19:47] <Duhbeast> I chose to never get it for that reason /grin
[19:48] <@Elidroth> hmm
[19:48] <Romance> Well, I'd hope it be activateable hehe
[19:48] <@Elidroth> let me play around with that.. make sure it doesn't do anything silly
[19:48] <Romance> ok, thanks :)
[19:48] <Romance> What do you think of weapon focus's for beastlords? hth, 1hb, 2hb
[19:49] <@Elidroth> Not a terrible idea.. just have to figure out numbers
[19:50] <Lifeshriek> HOw about Beastlords's Mastery of Ice/Poison such as
[19:50] <Lifeshriek> Additional Damage to Spell Limit: Resist (Cold allowed) Limit: Resist (Poison allowed)
[19:51] <@Elidroth> Better to add them to existing focus AA than create new
[19:51] <@Elidroth> Focus of Animus and Frozen North
[19:52] <Lifeshriek> sounds good
[19:52] <Romance> Would it be possible for beastlords to get virulent talon type aa? either activated or as a buff with a lower dmg amount
[19:53] <@Elidroth> I'll think about it
[19:53] <Romance> Super!
[19:54] <Romance> Would it be possible to get a pet haste AA?
[19:54] <Romance> With just haste on it
[19:54] <Romance> as a quick cast, so that we can get back into combat more quickly without having to change spell sets a bunch
[19:55] <@Elidroth> Not sure that's something I want in AA
[19:55] <Romance> ok, that's fair
[19:55] <Romance> Could we possibly get hastened Casting AA's for the Feralgia line?
[19:56] <Romance> Ahhh I mean quickened
[19:57] <@Elidroth> I'll talk to aristo about that
[19:57] <Romance> ok :)
[19:57] <Romance> Do you think we could get a "Increase Damage Bonus by xx with All Skills" type effect?
[19:58] <Romance> As a short duration effect
[19:58] <@Elidroth> Already discussed this
[19:58] <Romance> Ahh, ok, sorry about that
[19:59] <Romance> Any chance for a Aegis of Kildrukaun type AA for bsts?
[19:59] <Romance> Think that's spelled right, basically a melee or spell block for the next x number of hits vs. the pet
[19:59] <@Elidroth> Yeah.. I know
[19:59] <@Elidroth> I'll discuss it with the team..
[20:00] <Warbane> What do you think about additional pact of the wurine ranks? base increases as you see fit and the possiblity of adding a proc rate modifier?
[20:00] <Romance> Ok, Thanks Eli
[20:01] <@Elidroth> can upgrade that one
[20:01] <Lifeshriek> How about hastened Bloodlust?
[20:02] <@Elidroth> No.. I'm keeping that at 12 min
[20:02] <Lifeshriek> How about extended bloodlust extra rank?
[20:03] <@Elidroth> Nope.. 24 sec + phantom tick is fine
[20:04] <Warbane> Beastial Alignment - I saw this is slated to get three ranks, what are the chances we can get a slot added with spell damage crit chance modifaction, flat spell damage modification, or critical
[20:04] <Warbane> damage done modification? Also after much discussion most of us agree, that if it can be an option we would trade the melee modification increases for the spell damage modifications this go round.
[20:04] <Warbane> an increased chance to crit + crit damage at a lower amount than the wizard line, and at a limited hit count (4 ranks, 5/10/15/20) Increase Spell Critical Direct Damage by 120% and Increase Spell
[20:04] <Warbane> Critical Direct Damage Chance by ~35%" in SPA 294 if possible so it wouldn't stack with cataclysm.
[20:06] <@Elidroth> Bestial Alignment is for physical combat
[20:07] <Warbane> Ok, alternatively the seperated request would be spell crit damage mod - An aa that has a spell crit damage mod on it, we don't have one except cataclysm. Increase Spell Critical Direct Damage by 160%-200% of Base Damage" would probably be fair. Same SPA as above.
[20:08] <Romance> Perhaps a weaker version of Prolonged Destruction? ;)
[20:12] <@Elidroth> I'll have to look at things.. I'm a bit concerned that all you guys seem to be doing is asking for abilities from other classes
[20:12] <Duhbeast> Would you consider a new rank of Taste of Blood that effects us and the pet?
[20:14] <Romance> Just figured it'd be best to use examples already in game, to make coding them easier :)
[20:15] <@Elidroth> I'm ok with upgrading your killshot AA, but I'll have to see if I can even make it work on both
[20:15] <Duhbeast> ok cool.
[20:16] <Duhbeast> Do we have a shot at getting an upgraded kick?
[20:17] <@Elidroth> the basic kick?
[20:18] <Duhbeast> yes, but I guess I am open to anything that would make it more viable
[20:18] <Duhbeast> not mana gain :P
[20:18] <@Elidroth> not likely
[20:18] <Duhbeast> like flying?
[20:18] <Duhbeast> ok
[20:19] <Warbane> Two in one might be cool, like if we kick we maintain the weapon masteries people are after. A recourse buff or whatever.
[20:19] <Duhbeast> I would like to request an update to Attack of the Warders. I believe they are druid pets because they are very weak. Could you look into either their dps or their tanking ability. I don't want more of them, just bring them up to par with call to the moon pets at least.
[20:19] <Warbane> We are feral afterall
[20:20] <KyleReese> Elidroth refuses to fix Abilties because they are Spells and Aristo is busy right now I can't believe it we can't even get KICK upgraded
[20:20] <Stubar> could you possibly look into a reduction (hastened) for Bestial Bloodrage?
[20:21] <Warbane> Stubar /join #eqbstchat btw
[20:22] <@Elidroth> Attack of the Warders is realistically just a visual DOT.. I'll take a look at them though
[20:22] <Duhbeast> they literally hit for 100 and not very often, thanks
[20:23] <Duhbeast> Could you give us an ability similar to chameleon strike but quite the opposite. One that does damage and gives us agro, rather than drops it?
[20:23] <Duhbeast> on the same cooldown so we ahve to choose
[20:24] <@Elidroth> Yeah I can do that
[20:24] <Duhbeast> ok cool.
[20:24] <Lifeshriek> The damage modifier on Focused Clamr of Claws seems to be less than Clamor of Claws can this be raised please? Also one less hit on the Focused currently
[20:26] <@Elidroth> Those are Aristo's spells.. Can mention it to him
[20:26] <Lifeshriek> Can we have hastened Frenzy of Spirit?
[20:27] <@Elidroth> I'd rather leave that at 12 minutes
[20:27] <Lifeshriek> Gelid Rending currently does not work for 2Hb could you try to get this working for Gelid Rending especially if hundred hands effects change go in for Gelid Rending rather than the proc?
[20:28] <Warbane> On the topic of Frenzied spirit also, is there chance of a shared one for group? or at least one additional rank to allow it to land on our pets as well as ourselves.
[20:29] <@Elidroth> Gelid Rending is for h2h attacks only
[20:29] <Lifeshriek> oh ok sorry
[20:29] <@Elidroth> sorry.. for 1hb/h2h
[20:29] <@Elidroth> it's not intended for 2 handed weapons
[20:30] <Lifeshriek> ah ok
[20:30] <Warbane> Possible to look at 1hp? that skill alone kind of makes it impossible to use them, even though BST is always on them.
[20:32] <@Elidroth> Yeah.. can add 1hp
[20:33] <Warbane> Ok cool, that will make a lot of the folks that don't have access to every weapon happy.
[20:33] <Lifeshriek> how about a focused paragon of spirit for self only that also restores endurance could share the lockout with focused paragon of spirit if needed
[20:34] <@Elidroth> Already asked.. guessing maybe you weren't here at the time
[20:34] <Lifeshriek> ok sorry
[20:34] <@Elidroth> It's ok
[20:34] <@Elidroth> not going to happen though
[20:34] <Lifeshriek> ok :)
[20:34] <@Elidroth> endurance heals aren't going to be a thing
[20:35] <@Elidroth> And with that... This brings today to a close
[20:35] <@Elidroth> As always.. if you have feedback or suggestions, don't hesitate to PM me on the forums or contact a CRT member
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:00:19 PM by Riou »