Author Topic: An Epic Request (Necromancer)  (Read 9230 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
An Epic Request (Necromancer)
« on: March 11, 2013, 06:37:22 AM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://special.eqresource.com/anepicrequestnecromancer.php
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 06:44:46 AM by Riou »

Offline Bonzz

• Premium Member
Re: An Epic Request (Necromancer)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 07:41:53 AM »
Helped a Necro friend. At the first point -- it reads as if you got to kill them. Not so... the key phrase -- ".. if enough time passes with the channelers alive..."

They will die -- just help them stay alive long enough and go to next step after they die.

How long? Dunno

Offline Elite

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 02:13:59 PM »
Where do I find the hollow man to help the hollow man update?

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 09:35:54 PM »
Where do I find the hollow man to help the hollow man update?

He is at the red dot, hes like halfway stuck into the ground in the pot looking thing in that room

Offline Elite

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 12:50:15 PM »
Ok finally got quest working, but cant figure out how to get the mercenaries to leave the camp. Anyone figured this out yet?

Offline Reincarnated

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 11:52:04 PM »
I was stuck on this part myself, The first time I charged the fort and was knocked back. The 2nd time, i stood from a distance targeting and saying things like "you need to leave now" etc.. This advice I got from an in-game necro. After some time passed, I suspect the same as if I had done nothing, they just leave, and you get a red emote assuming you have failed. When you return to the first portal again, an undead looking guy will stand where the head once stood. Hailing him spawns one of the guys you spoke with earlier who will attack once he paths. He will root/stun you but every so often goes to a "Venerable" status and turns into the undead version of himself, this is when he will take damage. Kill him for the win.

Also, I'd like to note on the bard, you don't simply snare him once, you must repeat this until the process continues. I had to snare him about 5-6 times. You will get an e-mote saying he "stumbles on a song" or etc. Once the female spawns you need to send your pet in, and fear her to make her attack the bard. You must rinse and repeat this as well. After a few goes, it will complete the step and you can move on.

Offline LichIrie

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 05:42:01 AM »
I got all of this quest done cept the everfrost part.First time I tried it was doing good till the paladins couldn't figure out what spells to use on them i tried everything I could think of but still failed.Next few times pop the skull and start going through his dialog get about 3 lines in and he won't give me the phrase to start the event again.Any suggestions?

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 06:58:55 AM »
I got all of this quest done cept the everfrost part.First time I tried it was doing good till the paladins couldn't figure out what spells to use on them i tried everything I could think of but still failed.Next few times pop the skull and start going through his dialog get about 3 lines in and he won't give me the phrase to start the event again.Any suggestions?

For the paladins its random which one blocks one based the the spells resist (like fire, magic, disease, poison, corruption). If you need to reset/restart you need to leave the zone and come back, if someone else is doing the event you will also have to wait until they are done.

Offline Hecubas

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 05:40:33 PM »
For the skeleton channelers, our Dark Empathy line will heal them to full.

For the party that knocks you back, you can approach them with invis up.

Offline blackout

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 03:27:58 AM »
anyone know how to make the mercenaries leave without destroying that rune for the epic retelling or epic 3.0 ornament please?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 03:34:53 AM by blackout »

Offline MP1962

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 09:26:09 AM »
In the South West (as indicated by on the map) part you will find Projection of Inte, going through his text will activate this seal

Is not responding to nay hails. I've deleted and restarted this quest several times. Even sent a petition to Daybreak with no help. Any suggestions before I totally quit on this quest?