Author Topic: [GamParse] In-game command toggle for Live Overlay  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Rhaok

[GamParse] In-game command toggle for Live Overlay
« on: August 23, 2018, 11:25:55 PM »
Request:

I recently discovered the Live Overlay feature in GamParse and I think it is awesome. However, sometimes it is a superfluous distraction and also occupies valuable UI real estate. It would be nice to toggle the overlay on/off using a chat command within Everquest (e.g. /say GamParse.LiveOverlay.Off)

Reasons:

I've been using GamParse for a number of years and highly value the data it provides. The above request, on the surface, is very simple. I could live with or without. However, I think it could easily expand to include features for other reported GamParse data through various overlays. Things like, raid attendance, spell counts, AFK checks, etc. The community could certainly create other innovative ways to utilize this type of capability that I haven't anticipated (similar to the WoW addon system).

Offline Beimeith

• Premium Member
Re: [GamParse] In-game command toggle for Live Overlay
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 05:02:44 AM »
Ok, I added it for the next update.

{gamparse.overlay.TYPE.ON/OFF} is the format. Brackets are included. Note that this only works via TELL and only if you tell yourself.

Specifically:

[tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.1.off}
[tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.1.on}
[tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.2.off}
[tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.2.on}
[tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.dps.off} (dps = both fights 1 and 2)
[tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.dps.on}
[tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.tanking.off}
[tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.tanking.on}
[tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.completed.off}
[tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.completed.on}
[tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.all.off}
[tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.all.on}

Replace my name with yours. Also, only 1 per line.

As far as things like parsing afk checks/attendance/loot (the last one has been asked a few times) I hesitate to really do that. The reasoning is that every guild has their own way of doing those things and there isn't an easy way to accommodate that.

I'd either have to impose a standard way of doing it which people would be forced to follow, or attempt to make it customization, which is likely to lead to more problems for people.

I think the best way to handle those things is via search.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 04:18:27 AM by Beimeith »