Author Topic: A few questions...  (Read 5013 times)

Offline Remianen

A few questions...
« on: October 19, 2012, 09:33:24 AM »
Okay Vinney, so I'm here now. Time for the inane questions! :P

First off, I know the Marketplace houses are free in terms of upkeep but is that the case for the Loyalty vendor houses (which seem to be the same)?

Secondly, is furniture purchased from the village vendors also rent-free or do they add upkeep to an otherwise free project (and by 'free', I mean no additional expenses besides the plot cost & rent)?

I have a jewelcrafter who has made stone furniture for the brood but does fletching have similar options for wood furniture? I don't see anything mentioned on EQTraders.

Outside of VoA, does furniture actually drop anywhere (or is quested)? I have Sarith chairs that dropped in, well, Sarith so wondering if anything else exists.

As an aside, I've toured many people's houses and man, the creativity boggles the mind. My intent is to design houses that fit their owners' personalities and with currently 35 "owners" to work on, the task is daunting to say the least. Just trying to formulate a battle plan before the design work begins. :)

Thanks!

Maxim
Firiona Vie

Offline Vinney

Re: A few questions...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 11:42:29 AM »
Welcome Remianen
Answer to your Questions:
1st The Loyalty Vendor Houses are the same as the Marketplace, Rent / Tax Free. Wish they had the one room house too.

2nd As far as I know the only thing Taxed or added to the Daily Rate are the Tradeskill items purchased from Varlad Rahnta http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=36085 Like an Alchemy Table http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=91201 these will be charged if they are outside on lot or inside. The Storage Crates are taxed too purchased from the Bar Keep Vendor, Ardal McMahon. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=36137

3rd Fletching is a big part of Furniture making and at one time making mounts for the VoA heads was a fast & inexpensive way to skill-up...but they have nerfed that. You can buy a Furniture Construction Manual from Varlad Rahnta (25p) and it will give you wood recipes

4th As Furniture Drops I have only seen them on VoA. But of course anything "Placeable" can be maneuvered to look different then it was intended. In HoT and other expansions there are books and trophies too. Even Vendors in old school zones sell items that are "Placeable" In fact now first thing I look when I loot or buy something is it "Placeable" lol

There is a lot of "Trial and Error"....Touring IMO is the best way to get ideas or plagiarize others and improve on theirs. I do it all the time. Touring is one of the "fun" mini games within this great game of EverQuest and I have level one toons I use on all servers.

Hopefully as this Forum expands and in the Housing Items thread, players will post screenshots of different idea for example fireplaces. When housing first started there was not a purchasable fireplace. We had to use different items at a cost to housing space just to make them. So now the choice is create one and use a ton of spaces or buy the Marketplace one and use just one valuable space?
But anyone, PLEASE, if you think of a category that players make different creations please add to forum and add those screen shots. I plan, when I get off my butt, to add bottles and small container section.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:01:49 PM by Vinney »

Offline Remianen

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 06:32:19 AM »

Couple more that have arisen. :)

Is there a way to quickly make an item max size? I'm working with the marble building blocks and it's brutal having to mousewheel for a minute to get it to max size.

Are there any rule of thumb restrictions for stacking items? I'm trying to plant a Sarith tower inside a max size marble building block but it won't take. It also won't let me actually float the tower. I'm working on a concept that I hope to have resemble the Tower of High Sorcery in Wayreth (Dragonlance) for one character and the Palanthas tower on another, but it's not working at all. :)

Do the 'box of....[fireflies, butterflies, flies, etc]' do anything, or is just another form of building block?
Maxim
Firiona Vie

Offline kirkisx

• Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 04:24:26 PM »
hold alt and move mouse up or down

Offline Winnowyl

• Premium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 01:32:47 AM »
Holding down the alt key and moving your mouse up will make the item max size.

Check your "Placement Mode" when trying to put items inside other items. Free Placement Mode is the only one that allows for free reign to do so. Cursor mode will allow it only up to a point. Collision mode won't work for it at all. Wall placement mode is generally used only when actually putting things on the wall. Some items will not go into free placement mode. I'm looking at you, fountains and houses!

When you have your particle effects (sparklies!) turned on, the boxes of fireflies, ect have graphics. The box of butterflies has butterflies that fly around. The fireflies has fireflies flying around, cloud has clouds, ect. The larger the box, the bigger of an area these sparklies are in. Always a good idea to turn your sparklies on when doing housing (or touring housing!) so you can see all the cool effects. Nearly all mage summoned pet weapons have sparklies of some sort on them as well, and many of us use those sparklies for their own effects. You may be missing a lot of the intended viewing experience, with them turned off.

Another note on the boxes.... you should sink them just under the ground, when you place them, or tuck them into a structure - furniture, wall, tree, SOMETHING - so you don't have a box just sitting there looking kinda goofy. Just size it how you want it, and tuck it into place.

To make an object appear to float, like a house or other structure, place an item (or items) to the appropriate height. Doesn't really matter what they are. Place your house or structure that you couldn't get to float on it's own on top of the tower-thing you just made. Once it's placed, remove the items under it. It will leave your item suspended, with nothing underneath it.

Hope this answered some of your questions, and maybe helped you out some!

EDIT: Just thought I'd also mention, items like fountains, which have no free placement mode, can sometimes be used in ways that make it appear that they do. I use them as sinks in my kitchen a lot, by lowering the counter down, then placing the fountain, then raising the counter back up. Just because I can't sink the fountain itself, doesn't mean I can't have a fountain sunk into a counter!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:34:31 AM by Winnowyl »

Offline Kindelle

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 04:36:13 PM »
I was looking at some of the houses on other severs and the one with the baseball field and houses connected by "decking" brought a question to mind. how the heck did they place the items outside their plot lines?