Author Topic: Grubbonion's Locked Tower  (Read 4655 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Grubbonion's Locked Tower
« on: November 14, 2015, 06:25:06 PM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://tbm.eqresource.com/grubbonionslockedtower.php
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 10:45:10 PM by Riou »

Offline Infidel

Re: Grubbonion's Locked Tower
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 04:53:19 AM »
Corrupt Thiroc the Redeemer 0/1 (Sul Vius: Demiplane of Life)
Attack Thiroc the Redeemer, when it de aggros, Zone back to Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay and right click the Decay Spike

*** Might be worth mentioning that when the spike is clicked in decay, someone has to be in life watching the mob die. If you don't do that, the task does not update and you have to wait for the mob to respawn to try again. (Task window is very specific about that part)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 07:11:22 AM »
Attack Thiroc the Redeemer, when it de aggros, Zone back to Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay and right click the Decay Spike

*** Might be worth mentioning that when the spike is clicked in decay, someone has to be in life watching the mob die. If you don't do that, the task does not update and you have to wait for the mob to respawn to try again. (Task window is very specific about that part)

Thanks, I've added a note to that step about leaving 1 person in Life

Offline feroxide

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 02:33:37 PM »

when you kill Korinth the Crusher, he splats on the wall and you can see a large slime like blob on the wall behind his spawn point. To get the update on thiroc you have to have dpsed hom, zoned back to decay and clicked spike before the slime depops/ korinth respawns.

also if you dont already know Thiroc is in the same place as Korith, just in life.

Offline adetia

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 09:27:53 AM »
to save some time and annoyance for others, its worth noting that in its current state, you MUST do the optional or you will not be able to finish the task (this is currently the case on luclin at least, and i would suspect everywhere else)

Offline Xslia

• Premium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 10:32:30 PM »
Having some heartburn on the last steps with the clicks. Have tried this mission 2 days in a row.

We beat down Korinth the CrusherKorinth the Crusher - we click he disappears. We click over to life (leaving 1 person behind in Decay) and beat down Thiroc the Redeemer to he goes inactive. The person in Decay clicks but we get an emote "we cannot use that item at this time".

Are we missing a step here or something?

Edit post!
I just saw the post above - we have been skipping the optional.. going back to try that now. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 10:35:23 PM by Xslia »

Offline wiha

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 01:09:24 PM »
Just to let you know it is written as 1 to 6 players how can you leave one player in life and zone to decay at the same time if you are solo?

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 04:12:19 PM »
Just to let you know it is written as 1 to 6 players how can you leave one player in life and zone to decay at the same time if you are solo?

Thanks, that note is just how many it takes to get task / how many fit in task, I've added a note to make sure you bring at least 2 characters for it

Offline Ufirst

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 10:35:06 PM »
He wouldn't talk to me so I clicked over to plane of decay, picked up key on ledge of well, clicked back to life, gave Grubbonion the key and he gave me the task.

Offline JacLuc

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 03:19:07 PM »
This quest has a minimum level associated. Tried using a level 86 alt as the 2nd person and they were too low to be added to the task. Does anyone know what the minimum needed is?

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 10:51:38 PM »
This quest has a minimum level associated. Tried using a level 86 alt as the 2nd person and they were too low to be added to the task. Does anyone know what the minimum needed is?

Think all tasks since TDS? Have been level 95+

Offline JacLuc

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 10:12:35 AM »
Think all tasks since TDS? Have been level 95+

Thank you. I must have missed that somewhere. I was able to complete the mirror quests on the 86 level character which led me to think they all would work.