Author Topic: Enter Mearatas  (Read 3206 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Enter Mearatas
« on: December 09, 2018, 11:49:40 PM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://tbl.eqresource.com/entermearatas.php

Offline verakis

Re: Enter Mearatas
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 07:27:28 PM »
Step 2 Convince Glance of Sky requires indifferent servants of alishai faction to do hand-in unless you have sneak.

Offline rmckellip

• Premium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 09:13:35 AM »
When I find the one who you hail in the Obsidian Bitterness step who does more than confiscate the note, he says, "I will not speak about anyone appearing before me in my capacity as Udex." Now, after turnin I get a message where the one that works "melts the words, whatever they were, from the surface". When I try to turn this in, Obsidian Bitterness does not take it. When I hail him, he gives me another thing to turn in. I am currently indifferent to the Udex for this task, I am wondering if you need to be higher than indifferent to get a better result?

The others (who confiscate the note if you turn it in) say, "I know nothing about this Flowing Cloud and would tell you nothing if I did."

Offline GraemeFae

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 12:34:41 AM »
This is getting really stupid, I have talked to every single mob in the earth area, they just tell me to go away.

Offline GraemeFae

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 12:53:40 AM »
The first step seems to get bugged somehow, the mobs stop responding at all unless I say enter mearatas twice to them, and I never could get the update, even after talking to every single one I could find multiple times. I tried camping out and back in, that seemed to fix it for about 3 or 4 mobs, then it just went back to non responsive. No invis. I am indifferent to the earth mobs.

Offline GraemeFae

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 11:34:45 AM »
For Step 2, So far I can confirm Dubious and minimum Apprehensive is not enough faction. Being a shaman, I don't have sneak, so have to do it the old fashioned way. Will report what does work once I find it.

Oh, and when it got bugged on first step, I ended up having to drop the quest and get it again. Worked fine after about 10 earth mobs after that.

Offline GraemeFae

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 03:56:26 PM »
Talking to some others, it looks like Convince Glance of SKy will work at dubious, she won't talk to you, but she will accept the head evidently.

Also, the steps appear to get jumbled. My Step 2 is the Step 4 listed above.

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 08:49:25 PM »
Talking to some others, it looks like Convince Glance of SKy will work at dubious, she won't talk to you, but she will accept the head evidently.

Also, the steps appear to get jumbled. My Step 2 is the Step 4 listed above.

Yea, I believe it picks which of the 3 inner steps you do randomly in the order it "appears" in the task window or based on the toon itself or maybe which of the 2 people you request it from not sure how it chooses exactly

Offline Elyssanda

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 09:57:27 PM »
after helping LOTS of people with this quest, there needs to be a note:

NOTE: These steps may be in ANY Order, they are not always the same order for everyone

Offline svann

• Premium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 09:57:51 PM »
If you cant get one of the 4 Udex to give the correct response try moving to a pick zone. We went around and around with them and it never worked until we picked over. The base zone did not work but the pick zone did.

Offline Moonburst

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 11:36:49 AM »
When you turn in the note to the correct Udex he will say:

'What i[t] this?' The Udex pulls open the note. 'If you are trying to influence my judgment, nothing you can offer me will do so." Flames dance on the Udex's hands and melt the words, whatever they were, from the surface.'

This does NOT update the task. It gives you an "Opened Copper Note". Give the Opened Copper Note to Obsidian Bitterness. This will update the task.

Offline darkwater

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 05:09:45 AM »
The correct Udex when hailed will say "I will not speak about anyone appearing before me in my capacity as Udex." -- Turn in Copper Note to that one. Correct the above step to reflect this. you will have to kill any mobs in the room prior to speaking and turning in.

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 08:03:50 AM »
The correct Udex when hailed will say "I will not speak about anyone appearing before me in my capacity as Udex." -- Turn in Copper Note to that one. Correct the above step to reflect this. you will have to kill any mobs in the room prior to speaking and turning in.

Thanks, added that text

Offline Xslia

• Premium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2019, 09:17:05 AM »
Step 1: We had several players that were hailing for like 30 minutes - no update for Step 1. (one player was on 6th iteration around). We asked the players to come over to see if they see Blazing Sorrows (if you are not flagged to that point you cannot see him). Since they could see him - they dropped the task and got it again - and the 3 players were able to get the update by 2nd mob they talked to.

Offline Metanis

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2019, 10:13:17 AM »
Had a lot of problems getting step 1. Found that to update successfully everyone had to be ungrouped and solo. It would appear right now that once a single person in the group gets the update then no one else can. (Yes, we dropped and started the quest over but that didn't help!)

Offline Metanis

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2019, 12:47:00 PM »
You can pre-loot the various drops you need. So after figuring out how to get step 1 done on everyone in the group I proceeded to kill and loot 12 heads and hail and get 6 notes. I then ran around and did the hand-ins for which that step was uncovered.