Author Topic: Cryo-caverns COMPLETED!  (Read 3367 times)

Offline Treeflower

Cryo-caverns COMPLETED!
« on: September 18, 2012, 04:41:44 PM »
So Vinney's volcano was so impressive, I felt the need to make something like that in my guild's neighborhood. However, mine is a cave.

It was mostly to take up a 60-slot yard up front so the neighborhood didn't seem as desolate. I was also partly inspired by the caves in Skyrim... there's a rather... sinister feel to the place.

There is a way in, but nothing is inside atm. Again I am going to utilize Vinney's darkness effect for faraway objects. I'm not making a void, but I want to create a sense of depth and vastness that I was so impressed by in his Twilight zone house :D
(hint: look for a marker on a tree and the way in is near)

I also re-built the fairy tale castle into a more castle-like place. It's on the fourth cliff property in the market area. It's blue!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 05:34:45 PM by Treeflower »
All homes in Dread Empire Village, Bertoxx-Saryn server.

Offline Vinney

Re: Cryo-caverns
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 07:06:14 PM »
Love the pool area....damn....going to have to rework some things....great Idea!!!!

Offline kirkisx

• Premium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 01:20:45 AM »
what server village?

Offline Treeflower

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 01:20:08 PM »
Oh, my apologies... all of my homes are in Dread Empire Village on Bertoxx.

Offline Treeflower

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 09:45:02 PM »
I wanted to get this a little more completed before the "bragging stage," but Vinney decided to share this with the forum... no biggie ^_^

But here's the so-called "endless pool." There will be more sparklies and crystals upon the completion.

And here's the close-up

I was inspired by Skyrim and their platforms around rocks over water... BTW if you guys have/play Skyrim and enjoy housing... Hearthfire is kinda fun, you get to build your own house from scratch and adopt children!

Offline Treeflower

Re: Cryo-caverns COMPLETED!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 05:38:46 PM »
Finished this yesterday. The home is in the park area of Dread Empire Village, on the ground. Here's some more screenshots.

Pretty crystals!

This is a mining area... perhaps something more...

Yup, something more... poor guy.

This is the way out, I tried to make it visible, yet at the same time not detracting from the design.
Unless there are some new items added/ my creative juices start flowing again, this will likely be my last build for a while, I will be putting my 2 foreclosed yards back up, so there will be that at least. XD

Offline Vinney

Re: Cryo-caverns COMPLETED!
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 06:50:24 AM »
Treeflower you did a fantastic job. the illusion is great. Was fun exploring and noticing the detail. Thanks for the effort