Author Topic: Talendor  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Talendor
« on: December 02, 2017, 09:14:35 PM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://ros.eqresource.com/talendor.php

Offline Fian

• Premium Member
Re: Talendor
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 01:43:39 PM »
We haven't beaten this raid yet, but I will add what I have so far.

As write up says, hail Protector of Phara Dar and kill it to start raid. Run to south most room to engage Phara Dar and Talendar. They are belly casters, so casters must be in range for spells to land. After being dropped to 80 or so (we got Phara Dar to 50 on our last attempt), they fly away. Call pets back as they will chase them.

Run a few rooms to the north and you will find Talendar. Engage, and oozes will start to attack as well. I think the longer you wait to engage the more oozes you will have to fight. The oozes can be mezzed, but not blurred. Talendar runs away, call back pets and kill the oozes that are left.

That is where my raid failed. We had Shadow Flames cast on us by Nexona (never saw that NPC) which is a severe dot and silence. Quick death after that. The trigger for this is "You are encases in dark flames."

Offline kaylord101

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 04:07:32 PM »
1st part... Kill Protector - easy
2nd part... tank 2 dragons.. Talendar to 80 and kill other one. both deaggro
3rd part.... follow Talendar.. till to 75%? if you take too long ooz we spawn
4th part.... 3 people get viral silence emote... get away from raid... rush in burn dragon to 50%?
Then this phase is over... Will also spawn Add called shade, that looks like someone in raid...
Follow Dragon to next part...

rest of raid is easy with just adds.... drag the people that die from the viral.. if you take too long it will reset

Offline svann

• Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 10:33:20 AM »
Run away if you get this:
Nexona ingnites a tiny dark flame on YourName

It takes 15 seconds for the silence/dot to hit you then you get:
You are encases in dark flames.

Then you can run back and hopefully get heals. The dot is not viral except that when it lands it is a PBAE around you. So dont be near people when it lands.

Offline Kianara

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 08:11:50 PM »
Keyword for us was ready, not prepared

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 08:44:09 PM »
Keyword for us was ready, not prepared

Updated, thanks

Offline Tucoh

• Premium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 11:10:18 PM »
Tucoh boxing the Talendor event.

https://youtu.be/-4nfpTkGAmw

Offline rjdarkstorm

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2021, 06:36:54 PM »
115 War, Druid, Bard and Shaman - with merc cleric and rogue. All group geared.

I found this easy with a Druid after several attempts. If you are boxing this... make sure you have autofollow buttons set to MT. Note - except for the fight with the 6+ fire drakes, it's timed so you have to engage Talendor quickly or it will reset. I'll note the fire drake fight in the notes.

Once you are in the clock doesn't start til you kill Protector of Phara Dar. No real strategy here... just beat it down. Click autofollow on mt right before it dies. Go to next room and attack Phara Dar. Talendor will be there... ignore him and beat down Dar. You may have to do a little extra healing at first. It seems they both attack the MT. after about 30 seconds, Talendor will walk out of the fight and so you just need to get Phara Dar down to 60 or 50. Autofollow the MT... Talendor will probably be at the next spot as you get there.

Here's where it's important! Burn him down, ignore the blobs (usually just 2). once he leaves - you should still have burns going... blow away the blobs quickly. AutoFollow quickly on MT. Get to the next spot asap to beat Talendor there because Nexona will start to cast the dots/silence if he beats you there.

Open the double doors and Talendor will usually pop right inside the door at the entrance if you beat him. MT get Talendor quickly, have shaman do a hot, druid hot and if you have any burns left - Get him to 50% asap. You'll probably get hit by Nexona atleast once with dot/silence but hot should keep you up til you get Talendor to 50. Once Talendar is at 50 he starts to leave. Quickly have Bard, Druid or Sham group invis and autofollow mt. You need to beat Talendor past the Raptors in the Raptor hall but STAY INVIS. If you don't beat him...he'll be waiting just past the Raptors. If you beat him there, run thru the raptor hallway and just outside the hallway in the cavern area. IF you don't beat him... just have MT run invised past raptors and aggro Talendor... Don't autofollow with group because usually someone will aggro the Raptors... MT should pull him to cavern area. Once Talendor is in the cavern opposite of the raptors... group run invised to MT and engage Talendor.

This is the very important part. Once you get Talendor to 30 he'll start walking away... You will not be on a time limit on this part but you DO want to beat Talendor to his next spot where the fire drakes spawn. You really don't want to fight the fire drakes on the pathway/ledge. They tend to bounce everyone around and you could fall into the lava. THIS is where Druid comes in... so it's very important to have a druid in group for this. Have druid exodus or succor the group. In my run at this... my MT got left behind... No worries... just run the MT down the pathway to beat Talendor to his next spot which is about the middle of the pathway/ledge. Once the MT gets down to the end of the path to the Alcove that have stairs going down - setup there... Run your other toons/group members up to where you are. Put up a campfire in alcove in case of a wipe. Have bard follow path up and peak around the corner. The drakes can be pulled single so it's a good vantage point. Drakes don't hit hard so if two come the MT should be able to handle both. Keep single pulling and killing Drakes til Talendor spawns from a kill.

You can either try to beat Talendor to the next point or have druid succor group. The next point for the final battle is on the little bridge just before the succor landing point. If succor just send MT up at the point on the Bridge. It's close enough for the rest to run to once Talendor reaches the point and engaged by MT. I overran the point with my group after succor and my shaman lost autofollow so Talendor went off on him and killed him before I could get my group back. Just fight or burn Talendor down at the spot. Globs will spawn... Ignore them. I had 10 up by the time I beat him. Hope this helps someone out.

NOTE: You won't always see Talendor walking all the way to his point. Seems he ghost to his points at times. This is why my shaman ate one for the team on losing Autofollow because Talendor didn't walk all the way down, Talendor warped to the final point. He does this as well with the Nexona step so it's important to get thru the door and wait just inside the door.