Author Topic: Facing Your Fear  (Read 4717 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Facing Your Fear
« on: July 14, 2013, 11:06:55 PM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://rof.eqresource.com/facingyourfear.php

Offline TEMPS

Re: Facing Your Fear
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 07:00:51 PM »
Never did see the emote listed above go across screen or any chat window. It was some time after I saw: You've not yet begun to know my true terror but I will teach you if you come closer that I was able to start trying the trigger words. not sure how long after tho
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 12:24:36 AM by TEMPS »

Offline malbro

• Premium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 09:26:28 PM »
It appears, also, that if you are the one with the quest, you need to do first damage.

Malbro

Offline Metanis

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 09:38:44 PM »
So here's how we did this goofy quest. You need a cleric merc in group. Go north from the central ring and get the quest from the northmost (kind of north and a bit east of the main zone-in ring) quest giver.

Once the Unknown paths to the requester let the cleric merc get heal aggro, quick cast double invis on the group. Slowly head NNW and just stay far enough ahead of the Unknown that it doesn't break your invis. If you get too far ahead it will lose aggro on you.

In the NNW area is an area that is roughly in the shape of a right hand. In the "thumb" area is a bunch of spiders. By the time you kill 2 or 3 spiders you'll get the emote and update and can proceed with your guesses. You do not have to kill any of the random trash that's in your way so just let double invis make your life easy.

We did this 5 times and only had to kill a couple spiders each time.

Offline Dryss

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 11:57:54 AM »
DO NOT HAVE AN ILLUSION ON!! you will go on forever and never be able to make the Unknown attackable. Just figured that one out after 25+ attempts!

Offline Drakang

• Premium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 03:48:32 PM »
Confirmed. The person who has the quest must be the first person on agro on the mob for the quest to recognize it and give you a chance of updating.