Author Topic: Create Fake Links  (Read 21474 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Create Fake Links
« on: August 25, 2015, 02:47:52 PM »
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 02:49:35 PM by Rorce »

Offline Cauled

• Death is an adventure
Re:
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 02:08:21 PM »
Can I get into trouble if I do this in game and a GM notices it?
Kill the Erudite Before it blasts you away!

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Re: Create Fake Links
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 03:14:41 PM »
Can I get into trouble if I do this in game and a GM notices it?

No you should be fine

Offline mackal

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 05:52:36 PM »
0x12 0x35 /sit 0x12

That will generate a link that executes /sit :P

Offline Vivislack

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 04:55:15 PM »
The problem I am encountering with the tool is while trying to use the %T flag to express my Target, it does not express my target. The Fake Link works just fine, but it prints the actual Text "%T" and not my Target. Any suggestions?

Offline Raccoo

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 11:54:09 PM »
The link to this on the articles page is missing the .php

I was wondering if this can be used to give /blockspell command? Wanting to send a tell when I use group pact of wolf on players for quick haste rebuff, so they can click the link and buff block the werewolf illusion.

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 12:17:23 AM »
The link to this on the articles page is missing the .php

I was wondering if this can be used to give /blockspell command? Wanting to send a tell when I use group pact of wolf on players for quick haste rebuff, so they can click the link and buff block the werewolf illusion.

Good catch, got this fixed, thanks!

I don't know of a way to make links execute commands. But even if I did, it's not something I would share with anyone but the developers, as that opens up the possibility of abuse, and would likely cause DayBreak to fix the bug allowing fake links altogether.

Offline Raccoo

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 06:46:13 AM »
You're welcome!

That's true, someone would use for nefarious reasons if it was that easy. Closest it will get is to /say /blockspell which might still work, but they will have to shift + up arrow, then delete /say to use the command. Will probably just make a hotkey to let people know before I use the buff so they can block the illusion portion.

Offline Goodurden

• Premium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 01:55:09 PM »
anyway to add a webpage to a link? like clicking on a link would open a webpage?

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 03:31:49 PM »
anyway to add a webpage to a link? like clicking on a link would open a webpage?

Unfortunately, no.

Offline svann

• Premium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 02:40:33 PM »
Is there a way to choose what is linked instead of the one the site chooses? I used to know how to link something then retrieve it from the log file and use that but I cant make it work now.

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 06:16:31 PM »
Is there a way to choose what is linked instead of the one the site chooses? I used to know how to link something then retrieve it from the log file and use that but I cant make it work now.

Yes, but it is a little more complicated. In game, type ;t then the item link, and hit enter. You'll get an error with a bunch of numbers - replace all the numbers that our tool generated with the numbers from the error. They must be precise or it won't work. This trick won't work for items with one word names for some reason.

Offline Talan

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2019, 06:17:26 AM »
Was testing out the npc dialogue fake link. Was working on the character who had the social, but I was not able to click on the link on an alt.

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2019, 06:32:43 AM »
Was testing out the npc dialogue fake link. Was working on the character who had the social, but I was not able to click on the link on an alt.

Yes, this link was nerfed some time back.

Offline Xianzu_Monk_Tunare

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2019, 01:10:54 AM »
Have all links (item, achievement, NPC dialogue) been nerfed to not work anymore, specifically with things like %t? I tried to fix old inc message; but, no matter what I do, none of the target's name shows and the only thing that does show is the end of what should be the second message rather than what is in the Text to be shown as the link.

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2019, 03:36:46 AM »
NPC dialog was nerfed, it will not only show to the sender. Item links were changed and I haven't updated this web script yet. I am about to release a program that will create any type of Fake Link tho, and fully customizable. If you want to help test it you can download it here:

https://software.eqresource.com/fakelinkgenerator/setup.exe

Documentation can be found here:

https://software.eqresource.com/fakelinkgeneratordoc.php

Offline noudess

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2019, 11:26:58 AM »
I cannot get any of the generated links to work.

Here's one of mine:

Page2Button11Line4=/5 Check out this item: 020741000000000000000000000000000000000000000000BDD4B808Daggerwoot

I have only tested items, and I saw your message about items being changed. Mine displays all the text before and after, but nothing for the link itself. Is that what you're seeing now as well?

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2019, 09:26:13 PM »
I haven't updated this web script with the changes yet, so item links from it will be broken. You can try the program I posted a link to above, it should work just fine.

Offline noudess

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2019, 11:38:23 AM »
I tried the program but malwarebytes blocked it. Will the web version be fixed soon?

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2019, 02:20:19 PM »
I tried the program but malwarebytes blocked it. Will the web version be fixed soon?

Just add an exception, it's an unsigned program is all.

Hopefully I'll have the web version up and running soon. I plan on doing a bit of an overhaul on it.

Offline mmointernetgamer

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2020, 11:58:44 AM »
I am looking to change the color used in these fake links to YELLOW like the Experience Messages, Merchant Buy/Sell, Aggro Labels - Warning, Broadcasts, Spell Overwritten, or System Messages. OR, GREEN like Aggro Labels - Low, Event Messages

I run loot for my guild and would like the ability for 3 different players to take bids using different colors that DO NOT match the pink/purple item link color in the same channel, so orange with bright yellow or bright green would be awesome.

This would allow 1 player to use default chat color, one to use orange & another to use yellow or bright green would be ideal.

Thanks,
Mike

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2020, 03:21:47 PM »
I am looking to change the color used in these fake links to YELLOW like the Experience Messages, Merchant Buy/Sell, Aggro Labels - Warning, Broadcasts, Spell Overwritten, or System Messages. OR, GREEN like Aggro Labels - Low, Event Messages

I run loot for my guild and would like the ability for 3 different players to take bids using different colors that DO NOT match the pink/purple item link color in the same channel, so orange with bright yellow or bright green would be awesome.

This would allow 1 player to use default chat color, one to use orange & another to use yellow or bright green would be ideal.

Thanks,
Mike

I don't think this is possible to generally do since the colors are set, though I believe you can or used to be able to change link colors in your EQ options so you could do it for yourself

Offline Mishakaal Souldanc

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2023, 10:50:34 AM »
What is the CODE line or example of working code for NPC Dialogue that i can use for active links in my hotkeys?

I want the light blue as a third color on top of achievements, items and spells. I got it to bring me the color with the passcode 52213^' test but 2213 shows so i'm missing something to close my bracket and complete the code so the game uses it properly.

Another question: How do i get the codes for npc dialogue links in the game?

Items is ;tell itemlink
Dialogue is = ???

Can you guys help me please?

Best regards,

Misha!

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2023, 01:23:31 PM »
What is the CODE line or example of working code for NPC Dialogue that i can use for active links in my hotkeys?

I want the light blue as a third color on top of achievements, items and spells. I got it to bring me the color with the passcode 52213^' test but 2213 shows so i'm missing something to close my bracket and complete the code so the game uses it properly.

Another question: How do i get the codes for npc dialogue links in the game?

Items is ;tell itemlink
Dialogue is = ???

Can you guys help me please?

Best regards,

Misha!

NPC dialogue should just be normal text, they all should end with that double pointed Arrows character

Offline Mishakaal Souldanc

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2023, 08:08:23 PM »
This is a multi-colored hotkey that i personally edited and made it work. I never saw it from anyone else on one line using more than 1 color but i did 2 using aa/spell links and achievement links. I went to lucy, figured out the spell/aa ID and the code...

Page5Button12Line3=/say 63^8052^'Turn Undead >> 3Thoraf^1871160^0^-1^4095^1313051332^' %T <<

Now that said, i found out there are more links and colors available in the game. Like the NPC dialogue but i did not find a valid example beside an emulator post with a passcode 52213. So i tried to see if it could get me any result and it did show me the light blue color of npc dialogue text links. But the problem is that it breaks because i'm missing something in the code to close the bracket to be read correctly to only show the text.

What am i missing? Can you please help me by giving me an example of a npc dialogue code or telling me the method to get the code like if i did ;tell itemlinked to the server to get an item or spell code?

In THIS line of code what am i missing? for line 1 to get a npc dialogue code working? I tried just the pointy arrow but it breaks or doesn't close the bracket. I end up with numbers showing on the left of the word instead of just the text in light blue.
Page3Button10Line1=/say Test NPC dialogue code links52213^ test

Page3Button10Line2=/say testcode63^37896^'spelllink
Page3Button10Line3=/say test me3Rorcex^11000004^0^1^1362119591^10000^'achievlink

That's what i was looking for and asking because it's not common knowledge.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 08:50:29 PM by Mishakaal Souldanc »