Author Topic: Whispers in the Dark  (Read 797 times)

Online Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Whispers in the Dark
« on: April 12, 2022, 09:13:38 PM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://special.eqresource.com/whispersinthedark.php

Offline Oruatyrim

• Premium Member
Re: Whispers in the Dark
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 01:53:00 PM »
Request phrase: Help
Zone in Phrase: lead

Offline Gabrieles

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 10:09:45 PM »
I would say it is a solid recommendation to clear the overseer room before opening 2nd chest to spawn him.

Offline Drakang

• Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 04:31:16 PM »
Although both steps are up at the start.  The Chest does not spawn until you kill the first 8 mobs.

Offline Battileur

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 07:35:23 PM »
For those not raid equipped I find the following strategy whilst not the fastest works quite well:
1 - after first update go to far east of Loda Kai cavern where chest will spawn after killing 8 mobs there - it is a safe spot to pull to and clears area near where chest spawns along with 2 mobs when chest is opened
2 - invis up and one character goes up north passage to get next two updates
3 - re-group just inside passage going north from Loda Kai cavern - use this spot to pull Shak Dratha mobs, these mobs have lots of wanderers and trying to pull them closer to their cavern quite often ends up with adds - it's a long pull but ensures you don't get the adds
4 - makes sure you kill the two mobs at the entrance to the Shak Dratha cavern as this is where named spawns
5 - for next update you need to open a chest in the north kidney shaped cavern guarded by three mobs - once chest opens, you need to loot item for hand in at end and named will spawn
6 - being lazy to kill these mobs, I use ranger weapon shield whilst opening chest and quickly cover tracks to lose aggro
7- just in case ranger gets splatted I put another character in main Shak Dratha cavern away from named but where you get next update - as named sees invis and is blocking way to where I was pulling the Shak Dratha, I gate characters out to campfire and re-enter zone to the same safe spot as before
8 - I then pull named right along passage and fight him there where I generally only get two adds
9 - once named is dead mission accomplished

Offline Zephur

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2022, 06:49:49 PM »
DON'T follow this guide about turning in the Khrix to Nathra!!!
MAKE THE BONUS LOOT ITEM as soon as you get the item from the 2 chests.
Turn that combined item in for the task and get the bonus item too.

WTF this guide doesn't say this is crazy.

Offline Fian

• Premium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2022, 07:10:42 PM »
I failed mission.  I killed overseer before getting update in overseer room.  Apparently you can run through room without getting update.  It would not allow me to turn in final item, and overseer was already dead so I couldn't kill him again.  Morale of the story is to make sure you get that location update before killing overseer.

Offline Fian

• Premium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2023, 10:39:52 AM »
This guide needs to be updated.  At step "Hand Khrix over to the Spiritist 0/1 (Shadeweaver's Thicket)"
Do this instead:
1.  Say "spirit anchor" to Spiritist Nathra to get a container.
2.  Combine Khrix and Owl totem in container to get a medicine bag
3. Hand in Medicine Bag to Spritist Nathra to get Spirit of the Lost
4.  Open chest