Author Topic: Day 4, The Darkened Sea - 7 days of EQResource Anniversary Contests!  (Read 5243 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Welcome to Day 4 of the 7 days of EQResource Anniversary Contests!

Todays theme is the The Darkened Sea expansion. Please post in this thread to participate in day 3 of the contest! We want to hear what your favorite part of the The Darkened Sea expansion was!

For full contest details, please visit the official contest thread here: https://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=195415

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: Day 4, The Darkened Sea - 7 days of EQResource Anniversary Contests!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 06:55:19 AM »
The Darkened Sea was a really fun expansion! The story line was really good, and I really enjoyed the "Tempest Temple" zone. The artwork in this zone was beautiful, and I thought it was well laid out!

I also enjoyed the Thuliasaur Island zone. Dinosaurs are awesome! I still wish we'd have gotten a dino raid, tho :(

Offline NightGod

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 09:13:19 AM »
I really enjoyed the skeletal parrot quest line. It's always nice to have some structure to my otherwise mindless killing ;)

Offline Thunderkiks

• Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 09:24:20 AM »
When the expansion first came out it was the first expansion that I was playing during its release. I had recently come back from a 6 year break so CoTF was already out. I remember being excited for a new expansion but unfortunately wasn't high enough level to experience it right away. I wish I had done beta aa I loved the hat they gave as a reward.

After I was high enough level to venture into TDS I really enjoyed the zones, especially all the thunderstorms. I know lots of people dont like the rain but I love it. It sounds so great. The story lines were also very good. Arx Mentis is still one of my favorite zones even today.

Offline Gnar

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 09:25:23 AM »
Killing T-Rex and other dinos on Thuliasaur Island was awesome. Mount Keyring saved me some bag space. Also one of coolest illusions in game T-Rex !

Offline goodn

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 09:27:29 AM »
It brought back boats as primary means of travel to and from zones. I like boats.

Offline Dirtypaws

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 09:53:33 AM »
I haven't gotten to much in this expansion, a little hunting on Brother Island but that was cause I got that cool parrot and went flying/riding/porting on it.

Offline Ranonman

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 10:16:13 AM »
I got really excited when I found out that they drop Venenium (poison cure) at raid just like CoTF shield (disease cure). I also remembered that when I was questing in Arx. It didn't take me long to learn the map and I was able to get up and down quickly with seconds and my group at the time was still struggling with directions and asked "how did you get up there so fast from downstairs?" lol

Offline Sheex

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 10:20:34 AM »
Don’t think I’ll ever forget the expansion of Hailing things 1224893365 times.

Favorite part was probably Thuli island parrot aug...was fun and the zone was great.

Offline Mineek

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 10:38:36 AM »
My favourite part of The Darkened Sea had to be the Progression as it was pretty hard at times. That and killing named on brothers island the mobs with what I thought was endless hit points when I first started tanking them hehe.

Offline Sacranor

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 10:44:30 AM »
Ornaments and illusions were pretty cool. Very nice progression didn't hurt either lol.

Offline Corwyhn

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 11:17:53 AM »
I really really enjoyed the Caverns of Endless Song and all the underwater stuff. Now to be serious, loved Thulisaur Island and in general doing progression. Parrot aug was fun to do.

Offline Zarathustra

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 11:19:24 AM »
I love my boat house.

Offline gotcharms

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2018, 11:42:04 AM »
Oh, baby, The Darkened Sea!

This was it. This was the expansion I returned to after over ten years away from the game.

I could literally do TDS progression in my sleep. I cannot count the number of players I've pushed through TDS on Test.

It's a testament to the expansion that I still at least somewhat enjoy going through this one, even after hundreds of runs!

The story is passable, the quests have some variation to them, and the named NPCs seem to be tuned at about the right level. It feels short when you compare it to the previous two expansions, and it kind of is, but if anything it's short and sweet.

Arx Mentis and Combine Dredge might be two of my favorite zones in the game. I love the design for these and think they both look gorgeous.

Offline Yinla

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2018, 12:13:49 PM »
The dinosaurs, wins this expansion hands down for me, always felt they were underused in this expansion though, they could have done so much more with them.

Offline Fizzelin

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2018, 01:03:59 PM »
My favorite part was doing the quest lines and getting the parrot aug. So much fun!

Offline Gynek

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2018, 01:09:23 PM »
I've only recently started getting into doing TDS progression, as I was gone from the game when it was modern. It's been a lot of fun, and I'm really excited for what people are saying about Thuli Island and the Parrot aug quest, as those are the next things on my list to do!
That being said, Degmar is the most relaxing zone ever to farm my powersources in. One of the first zones I've memorized in a long time, easy to navigate, lots of nice easy nameds to kill, everything is blind as hell there. It's a very positive experience doing things there, I look forward so much to the following 3 areas!

Offline Yattana

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2018, 01:16:53 PM »
I loved the parrot aug quest. Did it with friends.

Yattana

Offline Mouriarty

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2018, 01:21:04 PM »
I really enjoyed making it to Thulia island. Fun place and nice tie ins to the book series.

Offline TenkenT

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2018, 02:01:05 PM »
The T-rex clickie from the progression was my favorite part... 3x grow ftw~!

Offline Kezik

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2018, 02:01:20 PM »
One of my favorite expansions, progression was fun and the raids were great.

Offline Metanis

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2018, 02:05:05 PM »
I enjoyed the boats that ran on time. And the Arx raids were really challenging!

Offline Soju

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2018, 02:07:13 PM »
My favorite part of TDS was the variety of TS items added that used Relic Fragments. I still use many of the rec's from TDS to make stuff for pet gear since I farmed quite a stash of Relic Frags while TDS was current content.

Offline Funk

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2018, 02:16:41 PM »
I thought Caverns of Endless Song was a gorgeous zone, hated getting stuck on coral all the time...but a gorgeous zone none the less.

I eventually discovered that Brother Isle is nearly identical to Monkey Island in TBS expansion and thought that was pretty cool stealth reskinning of an existing island from a previous expansion.

I really wish we could have killed Una as she got pretty annoying showing her blue face everywhere.

And that overhaste lettuce made with relic fragments is still useful today! Good expansion overall I'd say.

Offline Zvenn

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2018, 02:46:26 PM »
the skele parrot aug and the ghost ship house were my favorites :) still working on making my haunted ship even more haunted hehe