Author Topic: Where is it installed, How to uninstall?  (Read 4034 times)

Offline Yraen

• Premium Member
Where is it installed, How to uninstall?
« on: December 19, 2018, 01:09:29 PM »
I messed it up when trying to link accounts and characters, now It does not even have any characters and cannot figure how to fix it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 01:36:26 PM by Yraen »
Erollisi.Andien
Erollisi.Syylke
Erollisi.Yraen

Offline Yraen

• Premium Member
Re: Where is it installed, How to uninstall?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 01:36:48 PM »
Disregard, I got figured out.
Erollisi.Andien
Erollisi.Syylke
Erollisi.Yraen

Offline Yraen

• Premium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 04:21:24 PM »
One thing that would be cool... I have 5 pc's, If I could sync them all to a common database so that regardless of which PC I did the /outputfile from, any of the others could view it. I tried placing the file on a share, and copying /output from one of the other machines to the share location and sharing the .exe on one PC and doing the same - no luck :(
Erollisi.Andien
Erollisi.Syylke
Erollisi.Yraen

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 10:28:12 AM »
It uses Microsofts standard settings saving feature, which unfortunately saves things to an obscure location hidden in AppData.

I've tossed around the idea of having settings and inventories synced to the EQResource server, which would allow syncing across computers and allow inventory to be viewable on site (admire your loots while at work! lol!). I'm not sold on this feature idea, as it's a good bit more stress on our server, which is already close to needing an upgrade again! This may get put in as a Premium Member only feature to keep the load down. I'm not sure yet, so don't take this as a "this will happen" statement :p

Was there some bug or issue with the software that caused your characters to be unlinked?

As far as uninstalling, you can find the program listed as "Multi Character Inventory Manager" in your add/remove programs section in control panel. Click start, begin typing "remove a program" and it should pop up quickly under "Best Match". From there, browse the list of installed programs on your machine and find "Multi Character Inventory Manager". Click on it, then click uninstall and follow the prompts.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 10:34:19 AM by Rorce »

Offline Angahran

• Premium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 09:13:10 AM »
Just an idea for syncing.

Could you move the 'sync file' whatever it is, to maybe a onedrive folder, then use a symbolic link from that file back into the folder where the MCIM is installed ?

Then do the same on all your other PCs, so they are all referencing the same data ?

Edit:
Just saw this:
It uses Microsofts standard settings saving feature, which unfortunately saves things to an obscure location hidden in AppData.
So, possibly try symlinking this file if you cn find it ?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 09:15:24 AM by Angahran »

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 02:29:56 PM »
That's definitely an idea, tho requires some knowledge on the users part and a fair bit of setup. I try to aim for the KISS approach when programming, but I know I don't always nail it :p.

That said, the ability to sync is something I have decided to implement, tho it may not come until after the new expansion. I've got a lot of my plate atm (trying to get our HoT section upgraded since it was in bad shape [from being the very first thing we did and we were ultra noobs, we've advanced to basic noobs since then] so it's usable for the Miragul server, working on ToV Beta, and Pokemon Sword/Shield launches in 2 weeks so I'll need some personal time for that).