Author Topic: Buff slots - Returning N00b  (Read 2073 times)

Offline Dhonmonk

Buff slots - Returning N00b
« on: July 30, 2017, 07:48:17 PM »
I am looking to understand rather than complain here. I have a 71 monk. Wife has 67 Druid. Surety Rank 3 MGB in Guild Lobby sticks to the druid, both mercenaries but not the monk. Internet says Surety is slot 3. I have to assume that you don't just count across or down the buff window to the third buff but if that is the case, I have Mammoth Strength Rank 3 there. The Druid has both Surety and Mammoth and neither are in the "third" spot.
What am I missing about how this works? (I have been away from the game for 15 years so this MGB in the guild lobby is completely new to me but really helpful)
Also, is it only the caster that gets notified if a buff doesn't stick?

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Re: Buff slots - Returning N00b
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 08:27:36 PM »
For a buff like Surety there are stacking block lines on the spell itself, those will determine what can block it, generally blocking is same SPA on same line

A spell like Surety doesn't stack with things like the Druid main buff line (the Skin line)

Offline KellanMarr

Re: Buff slots - Returning N00b
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 09:13:00 AM »
Yes, it is only the caster who gets notified if a buff does not stick. Most clerics (I am one) will mass buff both Surety and symbol so that players with druid skin-buff will still get the hit point buff they need. If your monk does not want Surety to *bounce*, you can add the druid skin-buff to your blocked spells so it will never land on you.

You also need to be aware of the total number of buffs on you, especially if you are getting mass-buffed while afk. People being generous often cast more buffs than players (and especially mercs) have buff slots, and later buffs will *bounce*.