Author Topic: The Fall of Lord Bayle  (Read 4621 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
The Fall of Lord Bayle
« on: May 21, 2014, 08:28:25 AM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://cotf.eqresource.com/thefalloflordbayle.php

Offline Tearsin Rain

Re: The Fall of Lord Bayle
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 04:22:18 PM »
this event is much like 'the return of king xorbb' in that you need to approach it from the perspective of dealing with the adds, and damage to the named being more secondary.
as long as you can: A. keep up with the adds and not get overwhelmed, and B. keep up with doing that for the duration of the event, this mission isn't *that* difficult.

you will want 2 tanks for this, many (not all) adds are mezzable so encs can be good as well.
pretty much everything in this mission is undead.

final note: the 'named' mobs will all leash if you try to drag them from the 'table room' to the lower room, so it is theoretically possible to leash-summon-tank the minis while killing the adds, if you're having healing difficulties.

location note about adds:
first mini's adds spawn in the room to the RIGHT of the ramp (as you enter the room bayle is in)
second mini's adds spawn right at the top of the ramp.
third mini's adds spawn to the LEFT of the ramp (as you enter the room bayle is in)
final set of adds spawn against the left back wall.

bayle adds to 75%: blue cons, didn't cast anything or do anything special.

arch mage harron adds: beguiler and coercer - beguilders cast a 40 curse counter 20s duration mez, coercers cast a swarm pet, a frontal cone ae nuke, and spawn buffed with circle of emberskin, a 2000 point DS.

captain whitson adds: disciple, and blackguard - disciples force FD random people, blackguards hit harder and i think backstab, but have about 1/4th the hp of a disciple.

high priest adds: a commander and a guard - they cast some stun spells in theory, didn't really notice it though, these were easy.

final bayle adds: red con, lots of hp, didn't cast anything or do anything special.

tips and tricks:
1. cleric viral reverse DS spell... very useful, especially on harron, as it will wipe the DS off the adds as soon as they pop.

2. tank the minis against a wall and have your 2nd tank standing halfway across the room to tank the adds, makes it way easier to prevent AE overlap.

3. don't discount the blue con swarm pet adds - they hit fairly hard but have very low HP, it's worth it to kill them first when they come out.

4. seems like for the minis adds are both % based *and* timed, you get 1 add about every 40 seconds as well as an add every 10-15%

Offline Sigpaos

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 02:23:52 PM »
- minimum level is 95, and not 85.

I just got this mission with my level 95+ alts, and tried to task add a level 92 player and was given the message that the player did not meet the minimum level requirement.

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 09:47:00 PM »
- minimum level is 95, and not 85.

I just got this mission with my level 95+ alts, and tried to task add a level 92 player and was given the message that the player did not meet the minimum level requirement.

Updated, thanks!

Offline Xianzu_Monk_Tunare

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 10:44:24 AM »
The request term for me today was "strike force" rather than small.

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 05:43:34 PM »
The request term for me today was "strike force" rather than small.

Thanks, updated it