Author Topic: Singing Stone  (Read 3549 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Singing Stone
« on: December 02, 2017, 09:13:31 PM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://ros.eqresource.com/singingstone.php

Offline Fian

• Premium Member
Re: Singing Stone
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 09:33:15 PM »
This write up had several innaccuracies. The first step is not at 1, it is at zone in. The second step is at 1, not 2. The final is at 2, not 3, and the ground spawn loot is not in lava, it is on the ramp that you take to get out of lava. I can't say for sure, but maybe that ground spawn pops when you kill a basalisk (there is 1 outside of lava and 3 inside).

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 10:34:36 PM »
This write up had several innaccuracies. The first step is not at 1, it is at zone in. The second step is at 1, not 2. The final is at 2, not 3, and the ground spawn loot is not in lava, it is on the ramp that you take to get out of lava. I can't say for sure, but maybe that ground spawn pops when you kill a basalisk (there is 1 outside of lava and 3 inside).

My bad, I will fix the map, the ground spawn does pop around where you killed the basilisk successfully after emote
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 10:38:47 PM by Riou »

Offline Smokezz

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 10:40:11 PM »
Ok, step 4... you don't have to kill ANYTHING at all. You just need to swim around the lava in the NW corner until you get the emote: "You hear a faint hissing sound carrying through the lava." STOP and sit there until you get a second emote: "The hissing seems very close now."

A rock will appear very close to you. Pick it up and turn it in, you're done.

Thanks go to Drinal.Stephsanity for giving me the help in figuring this out!

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 02:11:38 AM »
Ok, step 4... you don't have to kill ANYTHING at all. You just need to swim around the lava in the NW corner until you get the emote: "You hear a faint hissing sound carrying through the lava." STOP and sit there until you get a second emote: "The hissing seems very close now."

A rock will appear very close to you. Pick it up and turn it in, you're done.

Thanks go to Drinal.Stephsanity for giving me the help in figuring this out!

Thanks, I updated it :)

Offline Metanis

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 12:55:15 PM »
The singing stone in step #1 looks like a big crystal. It spawns in random spots on the floor under the lava around the zone-in. Take off levi, take off speed buffs like selos, and carefully sink onto the lava. There is a small window of opportunity where you can see plainly in the lava before you get too deep. Carefully float around the entire area until you locate the crystal. It would be good to have someone on heals so the looker can concentrate on vision. Once you find the crystal and you dive underwater it's very hard to see until you are fight on top of it.

Offline Greym Greymantle

• Premium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 07:51:43 PM »
First stone in the lava is actually called a lava-hardened stone.

Offline Joltz

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 07:31:21 PM »
If you're having trouble getting the final step emotes, click off levitate(s) spells. We were swimming around the lava for damn near an hour and nothing. I clicked off levitate and I'd estimate about 2 minutes and got the updates and found the stone. Might just be a coincidence though.

Offline Sikekil

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2022, 03:35:45 AM »
I am sad to say that the Lava DOES damage at zone-in. When I was there searching for the Lava Stone.. I was being hit 4686 damage per tick.