Author Topic: Orcs on Ice  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Orcs on Ice
« on: January 16, 2020, 02:12:44 PM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://tov.eqresource.com/orcsonice.php

Offline GraemeFae

Re: Orcs on Ice
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 11:22:35 PM »
The Step "Find the [status] of the trapped Ry`Gorr orcs takes place in Ry`Gorr mines, not EW, I expect the next few steps do too.

Offline Tanise

• Premium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 11:40:57 AM »
I didn't receive any prompts after status, and with both parley equipped I'm ally to rygor.

After status, they ask who sent you?

Crusader Vraket

Crusader for who?

Rallos Zek

Then you will receive blue prompt text.

Offline Fian

• Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 02:21:23 AM »
He wouldn't respond to me until the following:
1. Evolved the earring to level 2
2. Said "All Hail Rallos Zek"

Offline Fian

• Premium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 02:37:56 AM »
Deliver 10 Iron Ration to Ry’Gorr 0/10 (The Eastern Wastes):
First this is Rygor mines, also, not all live orcs count. You need to find the orcs that are trapped, in the NE corner of the map. Give 1 iron ration per orc, so you need to find 10 live orcs. Each orc that is correct, will update the task counter by 1.

Offline Bonzz

• Premium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 10:25:13 AM »
When the 1st Earring hit 100%, it progressed on it's own (no need to claim it, or remove augs 1st, etc.).

Once it evolves, go to Crusader Vraket:

You say, 'All hail Rallos Zek'
Crusader Vraket says, 'All Hail Rallos Zek. It looks like you have blooded the earring. Good. Then we are ready for the next step once you [find and report] on some [lesser children] of Rallos Zek.'
You say, 'find and report'
Crusader Vraket says, 'The orcs here, except for Grunak over there, are all dead, infected by that restless ice. But there is an underground nearby. I believe it is called the Ry`Gorr Mines. Go there and see if there are Survivors. No, wait.' Crusader Vraket looks you up and down. 'No. They aren't going to let you talk. They'll kill you on sight. I think I [know what to do].
You say, 'lesser children'
Crusader Vraket says, 'Perhaps that is unfair. I only think that way because they are so small. I also do not know the mind of Rallos Zek. He may respect them the most or the least.'
You say, 'know what to do'
Crusader Vraket says, 'Yes. We'll [make a totem] that will tell them you are a friend. At least temporarily.'
You say, 'make a totem'
You have been assigned the task 'Orcs on Ice'.

Task Steps Are:

* Collect 1 Intact Restless Dead Orc Skull(s) 0/1 All
* Collect 1 Intact Restless Dead Orc Spine(s) 0/1 All
* Collect 1 Raw Velium Ore(s) 0/1 All
* Collect 1 Velium Infused Pelt(s) 0/1 All

NOTE: The above four steps updated automatically from the items I already had in my inventory.

* Create 1 Simple Velium Rod using Tradeskills 0/1 All

RECIPE: Pliers & Raw Velium Ore in a Forge (Smithing is 150, item is No Trade)

* Create 1 Ry'Gorr Parley Totem using tradeskills 0/1 All

RECIPE: Simple Velium Rod, Intact Restless Dead Orc Spine, Intact Restless Dead Orc Skull, Hickory Handled Shears & Velium Infused Pelt (in a Loom, Tailoring 468, the item is No Trade)

NOTE: This makes a Ry'Gorr Parley Totem that is No Trade but not Lore. This is a faction modifier that you will be able to retain.

* Find the {status} of the trapped Ry'Gorr orcs 0/4 The Ry'Gorr Mines

NOTE: Buy 20+ Iron Rations, go to the Ry'Gorr Mines and equip your Ry'Gorr Parley Totem. You are looking for LIVE Orcs and you want to say STATUS to the ones that are not a 'miner' type. Warning: Do not talk to UNDEAD Orcs, they will attack you! The faction modifier does NOT work on them.

When you say "Status" to an Orc, if they respond with bracketed text, follow along. You need four updates.

* Kill 15 Restless Dead 0/15 The Ry'Gorr Mines (self-explanatory)

* Collect 6 Ry'Gorr Velium Ores 0/6 ALL

You can trade / cancel trade for update, or just loot them.

* Deliver 10 Iron Ration to Ry'Gorr 0/10 The Ry'Gorr Mines

NOTE: Basically, some orcs are trapped by the undead in the mines. What this means is that some live orcs are in a part of the zone with no clear way out except by having to go through an undead orc area. You will find these Orcs in the top NE part of the map. You need give an Iron Ration to ten (10) DIFFERENT orcs.

* Give Crusader Vratek {your report} 0/1 The Eastern Wastes

You say, "Hail, Crusader Vraket."
Crusader Vraket says, "What is {your report}?"
You say, "your report"
Crusader Vraket says, "Get to it. How are the {Ry'Gorr orcs}?"
You say, "The Ry'Gorr orcs are under siege. The restless dead are in the mines, and some of them are even cut off. I destroyed some of the dead, gathered a decent sample of the ore the dead are taking, and gave food to the isolated orcs."
Crusader Vraket says, "That is good, concise report. Your help honors Rallos Zek. His children need to live to prove their strength. For your assistance, I'll give you the means to improve your earring. For this you'll need some purified velium. Made of ice, the normal method of boiling the impurities away from the ore will not work. So instead of heat, mix six chunks of Ry'Gorr raw velium ore and four jars of acid. I expect a mixing bowl will be the best option."

* Create 1 Purified Velium using tradeskills 0/1 All

RECIPE: 4 x Jar of Acid & 6 x Ry'Gorr Velium Ore in a Mixing Bowl (Baking 300)

* Deliver 1 Purified Velium to Crusader Vraket 0/1 The Eastern Wastes

(Give it to him, he will give it back.)

Crusader Vraket says, "Good good. this velium will Seal the blood into the earring. Work it into the earring. You'll need purified mana to go with purified velium. Then, once you have created the new earring, blood it as the previous. You'll also need to prove yourself as a mercenary."

* Create 1 Forceful Earring of Rallos Zek using tradeskills 0/1 ALL

Remove augs from your current earring, then combine it with the Purified Velium and a Vial of Purified Mana (Jewelry 471), to make a Forceful Earring of Rallos Zek.

Now wear the new ear and XP it to 100%, to get the next quest.

Also -- his last response about proving yourself as a mercenary suggests that mercenary achievements may be required to get the 3rd quest. Anyone know for sure?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 10:35:44 AM by Bonzz »

Offline teamiksar

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 02:43:59 AM »
can confirm that this task requires tov explorer in order to request ~

Offline Moonburst

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 07:29:35 AM »
- When you say "Status" to an Orc, if they respond with bracketed text, follow along. You need four updates.

If you don't have the Orc language maxed, this part is going to be a pain. There are 4 different types of dialogue you need to go through. It seems to be random which live orc gives out each trigger word. After saying status, the first bracketed text will always be "Rallos Zek".

The four different following bracketed trigger words for updates: "siege" - "Stop them" - "assist" - "ice"
In order I got these updates from: watchman/apprentice/watchman/overseer

You can't talk to the same orcs twice, so you'll have to move around.

Offline Greym Greymantle

• Premium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 01:32:17 PM »
If you find as i did that talking to all the available orcs does not give you all 4 flags. Try zoning and re-asking. Apparently when you zone it resets the response flags or some such. Worked for me.

Offline igok

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 11:31:26 AM »
Is there a specific faction level needed for this step when you have the Totem on?

* Find the {status} of the trapped Ry'Gorr orcs 0/4 The Ry'Gorr Mines

YES, If your faction sucks make two of the totems put one in each weapon slot and problem solved.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 11:48:53 AM by igok »

Offline ultron

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2020, 06:43:55 PM »
if you were like us and headshot yourself into negative faction with the orcs in the mines- make 2 totems, they arn't lore, to get updates for the [Status] part.

Offline RDMFLEET

• Premium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2024, 11:10:58 PM »
In order to get the second quest, aside from all the pre-req's, you also have to be wearing the evolved earring in order for him to talk to you.