General > Expired EQ Resource Contests

EQResource Wall Sign Giveaway - Ranger LED Sign

(1/3) > >>

Rorce:

EQResource Wall Sign Giveaway - Ranger LED Sign

Be sure to read all the rules by clicking here!

This contest is sponsored by Timber & Twine!  Be sure to check out their Etsy shop!

For this contest we want to hear about your most memorable experience playing a Ranger!  Was it clearing Plane of Time for the first time with your guild?  Perhaps finishing your 2.0?  Whatever it was, tell us all about it!  You can include as much or as little detail as you like.  All entries will be randomed on 12/13/2022 to determine a winner.  Good luck!

Balfor:
Howdy All

With 23 years of memories playing Balfor choosing the most memorable is ... interesting. For me it was the first years when everything was fresh. Lost a corpse in Blackburrow, Running from QH to Freeport, Taking the boat from Freeport to ButcherBlock (fell off lost another corpse).. Those where the days. But the greatest memories I have are the Friendships I was able to create with people from all over.

RezzNEffex:
As my name implies, for the longest time, I played a cleric, but when mercs came out, cleric wasn't nearly as needed or desired as before, so for a change of pace, I rolled a Ranger. Oddly enough, the dying part is one of the most fun.   :)) :)) The Ranger 2.0 is one of my favorites though....the look, anyway. I still use the ornament all the time at 120.

Tvaran:
I've played a ranger since I started eq in 2015, which probably makes me an eternal newbie to veterans. Thunderkiks, my fiancee, got me started and once she saw what class I picked she told me I'd be dying a lot. Considering I manage to make above average mistakes while playing, it seems the perfect class for me to play, as I can pass some of my deaths off as "well, he's a ranger, so....". I can't think of any super amazing stories, other than blundering around and the frustration of getting the epic 1.5 animal captures at a high/overpowered level, and dueling with a friend playing a rogue where I killed him with a headshot, and while we were laughing about it, I died to one of his poison dots.

TorentNeverwinter:
Being a young ranger in the Luclin - OOW era on live ive always wanted my 2.0 once it became available but wasnt attainable due to time/guild/age so once oow became active on my TLP server i made it a mission to get it done asap, pre-launch most if not all rangers on the server were in the TLP ranger discord at the time (or so i thought) and we set up a rotation so we wasnt fighting for spawns ect. and the spawns sometimes bugged out. so there i was waiting for one ranger to get his capture done in temple of cazic thule  had another ranger pop in told him i was next in line waited 45 minutes for the other one to get his done that he could have the camp after i was done and he left was getting down to about spawn time an next thing ik i see a monk come training into the room and kills me so i had my necromancer friend that was in the area pop in a rez me so i could get there b4 the mob popped directly after getting rez'd the mob pops an i see this halfling run in an try to capture my mosquito so i run over and try to get it aswell sorry to say the mob died after trying to fight for aggro i told him that we all had a rotation on the capture mobs and that i already had over an hour and a half invested in the camp and that there was a rotation but he didn't want to hear it, then he continued to show up for the next 2 spawns fighting for aggro/killing the mobs needless to say i stood my ground and finally got what was rightfully mine. sad thing was he halted every other ranger from getting the part done because he didn't want to wait in line, or felt he was more entitled than everyone else. i don't think him or the guild he was in lasted very long on the server and they must of moved to a new/different tlp server to torment the resident's moral of the story, "don't be a *halfling*"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version