Author Topic: Collection Information  (Read 39139 times)

Offline Yraen

• Premium Member
Collection Information
« on: December 28, 2012, 04:35:36 PM »
Since I recently finished all of the collections and I've had a few questions about where various pieces come from, I figured I'd throw a post out with all the information I have gathered while finishing mine.

First, the rewards for finishing all of the collections (not including the Collector's Edition special collection).

1. The usual 10 AA or ~3% Regular XP
2. The aug Sliver of Fear
3. The suffix title "the Fearchaser"

That does not include the rewards for finishing all of the other collections. In total, it rewards you with 480 AAs (+10 with Collector's Edition) and a few jewelry items (about T1 group RoF in quality).

Now, the basics of the collections. In each zone, there are 4 separate collections. Three of these are "ground spawn" collections and the fourth is dropped by specific mobs found in that zone.

On to each zone and it's specifics. I will detail the ground spawn collections in each zone and then that zone's mob dropped collection.

Shard's Landing (Zone Achievement: At the Source)
A Tracker's Guide to Shard's Landing
The parts for this collection spawn throughout the zone in the areas populated with animals.
Fear in Pieces
The parts for this collection spawn in the middle "crater" area of the zone.
Signs of Madness
This collection's pieces come from the two Alaran areas of the zone: the Forsaken and Underground Cities.
Alaran in Chains
These pieces drop from the "conscripted" Alaran mobs inside the Underground City.

East Wastes: Zeixshi-Kar's Awakening (Zone Achievement: Heralds of War)
Gildorn: Madman or Visionary?
These come from near the Coldain huts throughout the zone.
It Attracts All Kinds
This set's pieces spawn in the "wilds" of the zone, away from the various buildings. One of the hardest sets to locate.
Weapons of War
The pieces for this collection come from the Orc and Giant fort areas.
Glimpses of Nightmare
These collectibles drop from the "Fear" mobs throughout the zone. This includes (but is not limited to) Nightmares, Fearlings, Amygdalans, etc.

The Crystal Caverns: Fragment of Fear (Zone Achievement: Down to the Last Dwarf)
Coldain's Last Stand
These come from the Coldain city area of the zone.
Gross Popsicles
This set is found near the river and in other areas with non-City Coldains.
Hairy and Scary
The pieces for this collection spawn near the Spider and Tentacle areas.
Crystal Tchotchkes
These parts drop from Ry`Gorr Orcs found throughout the zone.

Kael Drakkel: The King's Madness (Zone Achievement: Chilling with the Giants)
A Faerie Fun Party
These are found throughout the zone, outside of buildings. This includes the entire "Arena" area, back through Derakor the Vindicator and Avatar of War locations. This set can be one of the hardest to finish due to the buggy nature of the Arena ground spawns (many disappear when you try to pick them up).
Prime Predators
This set is also found outside of the buildings, but located near Coldains and Giants.
Icy Artifacts
This collection set comes from within the various Giant buildings.
101 Ways to Keep Your Chin Warm
These are dropped by Giants throughout the zone.

Grelleth's Palace, The Chateau of Filth (Zone Achievement: This Little Piggy)
One Pig's Trash
The parts for this set are found on the upper plateau right outside the palace. Some may also be found on the lower fields.
Dirty Robotics
This set is found within the Palace, on all floors.
Resilient Nature
These pieces come from the large field area from the zone in until the elevated plateau.
Delicious Meats
This collection is dropped by the Swinetor throughout the zone.

The Breeding Grounds (Zone Achievement: Digging for Dragons)
Blessings of the Icewing
The collectibles for this set come from the ice/blue areas of the zone.
Life-size Fossils
This set's pieces are found in most areas of the zone, except those used for the other two collections.
Corruption Catalogued
These pieces come from the two areas north of Shamptan the Summoner.
The Smellier the Better
These are drops from the Chetari mobs in the tunnels.

Chapterhouse of the Fallen (Zone Achievement: Death is Only the Beginning)
Death isn't Easily Undone
This collection is found on the second floor of the zone (pink colored area on EQResource maps).
Smite Makes Right
These parts come from the first floor of the zone. This is the floor with the zone to/from Shard's Landing.
Unfinished Business
The pieces for this collection can be found in the bottom, cavern level of the zone. Note that there are quest ground spawns that look similar to the collectible ground spawns. The visual difference between them is the glow around the collectible spawns.
Dem Bones
This set is dropped by Skeleton mobs throughout the zone.

Evantil, the Vile Oak (Zone Achievement: Nature is Weird)
Gnomish Gizmos
These come from the areas outside the tree. This includes the crevice area.
Icky, Sticky, and Squishy
This set spawns inside the tree, on all levels except the top-most.
Nature's Corrupted Candy
The parts of this collection come from the very top level of the tree. Some can also be found outside on the ground, but more rarely.
Remnants of a Lost Life
This dropped set can be found on the Alarans inside the tree.

Valley of King Xorbb (Zone Achievement: Eye Won!)
Mementos of the Fallen
These come from the areas outside the Minotaur fort/camps on the top level of the zone and alongside the sewer waterway.
Unrestrained Science
This set's pieces come from the various rooms on the sewer level. This includes the large room populated with Eye and Golem mobs, as well as the Northern cave areas and all Goblin areas.
Minotaur Warfare
The parts for this collection come from the Minotaur fort and some of the Minotaur camps.
Gelatinous Geometry
These pieces are dropped by the "cube" mobs found in the sewers. The best "camp" I found for these can be seen in this graphic. The only mobs that assist the "cubes" are the ooze ("spill"), Sporali, and Goblins, so these spawns can be pulled with minimal clearing of non-cube mobs.
Erollisi.Andien
Erollisi.Syylke
Erollisi.Yraen

Offline Chaosnmayhem

Re: Collection Information
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 09:02:33 AM »
OMGs post locs
lol nice guide

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 03:09:49 PM »
OMGs post locs
lol nice guide

There's literally hundreds of locs :p

Offline Yraen

• Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 03:59:16 PM »
There's literally hundreds of locs :p

In each zone ><

Slight exaggeration, but not far off for some of the larger zones.
Erollisi.Andien
Erollisi.Syylke
Erollisi.Yraen

Offline Yraen

• Premium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 05:59:40 PM »
I put together a spreadsheet of all collection items and the collection they belong to.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Arzu7rxTSZ7jdDBfRnZGVk5xRkZ3TG5LQjAwY3I0bHc

If you see any misspellings, please let me know. Had to manually type them all in, so I'm sure there's at least one.
Erollisi.Andien
Erollisi.Syylke
Erollisi.Yraen

Offline Drakang

• Premium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 05:28:43 PM »
Must fall from the sky. I have noticed in some areas they land on the roofs of buildings alot. Especially in Shards Landing near the alaran area.

Offline rokath

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 01:49:06 AM »
1870, -1668
under a lesser plainskeeper's paw

in Shard's Landing... pulled about 3 prints from under there.

Offline Drakang

• Premium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 03:40:53 PM »
Chelsith Collections:
One on the first level of the city. Usually in or on buildings. Look up as I saw many stuck up on buildings but with levitate you can climb the buildings.
One on the second level of the city. Same locations.
One in the underground of the city.
Last one is from killing mobs over near the lab area. (top level west side)

Shadow:
One outside in the open areas of the zone.
One over on the islands to the west.
One in the main halls of the zone.
The last is from killing Corrupted Akhevans.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 04:57:45 AM by Drakang »

Offline Drakang

• Premium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 04:52:55 AM »
Update thought the names of the 2 special collectibles were unknown but I missread it.

in Plane of Shadow a rare drop off a pool of darkness was the item Luclin's spy. Not sure if it can drop off any mob or just the pools of darkness.

In Chelsith the item is called forgotten Shissar. Believe I got it off a Shissar mob. Just realized what I had found.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 04:57:27 AM by Drakang »

Offline Drakang

• Premium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 05:09:04 PM »
For T4 in Threshold the collectibles all spawn in the tunnels near the zone in. Seems like they have the same bug where they are popping under the world or out of reach since they are almost impossible to find a few days after a reset.

In Rebirth they pop in the Tunnels to the Southwest from zone in about halfway towards the middle.

In Epicenter they pop in the NW tunnels up towards herald of fear.

I have gotten a few dropped ones in Epicenter not sure if they are all there or spread across all 3 zones.

Offline Arylle

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 07:21:33 AM »
So, where is the collection info for HoT?

Offline Drakang

• Premium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 12:15:49 PM »
All I know about HOT I posted above.

COTF collections.

Karana

1 collection spawns mainly near the zone in north and south on that side.
1 collection now spawns near the lava rivers just south of the zone in and around the lake down south This is the one that was bugged for a long time.
1 collection spawns over near the portals to the other zones.
The kill drops seem to be random off any mob.

Bixie
The kill quest is actually the easiest and comes off any bixies in any of the merc tasks.
the other 3 are all in the merc tasks and at a set point during the mission you will see a note about spotting shining items out of the corner of your eye. This means that usually 3 (sometimes 4 rare occasions less) collectibles have popped in the zone. Seems set missions drop items for certain groups. Appears tied to the quest giver but there is occasionally cross over.

Dead Hills
These are all in the merc tasks. Again the kill quest is the easiest and they are random off any mobs.
The other 3 sets pop at some point during the missions. Appears to be one set in each group of 3 missions although I think I have seen some cross over.

Neriak
One out in the main open area.
One in the queens building.
One in the kings building.
The last comes off any of mobs in zone. I have gotten items off guards, Golems, Ghouls and Skeletons. Don't remember seeing one off bats but they might drop from them as well.

Offline Arylle

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 07:38:52 PM »
What about the new collection items that just got added? Any infos please & thank you!

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 09:35:23 PM »
I believe all collections added for t1b pop in the HA's, there are around 4 pop per HA, so you basically just have to chain them. Not sure if there are only a set few that can pop per instance though