Author Topic: Gamparse not loading  (Read 1888 times)

Offline jonjake22

Gamparse not loading
« on: May 01, 2018, 10:38:07 AM »
Sorry if this isn't the exact spot for the forums - new to this. Anyone else getting the error: String was not recognized as a valid date? Any suggestions on how to fix.

Offline Beimeith

• Premium Member
Re: Gamparse not loading
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 05:38:59 PM »
Make sure you are using the most current version.

1.5.2.19 should have all the date problems fixed.

Offline Daldolin Saryrn

• Premium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 08:07:55 PM »
I have downloaded the newest version but when I click it, it brings up the verifying application requirements window and then nothing, it does not give any errors and the program does not open.

Offline Daldolin Saryrn

• Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 08:11:27 PM »
Also I just upgraded Windows to the Spring Creators Update if that makes any difference

Offline Beimeith

• Premium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 08:03:19 PM »
Microsoft is crappy, and updating windows 10 versions can break ClickOnce, which is what the installer version of GamParse uses.

Uninstalling and reinstalling GamParse *should* work, but I haven't tested it on Spring Creators yet since it is brand new and I usually wait a few weeks before I update in case Microsoft breaks something important.

If uninstall/reinstalling doesn't work, you should be able to use the standalone .exe until I can find the problem.

Offline bagaelbro

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 08:50:25 AM »
Having the same issue. The standalone version works fine. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the 1.5.2 but still no go.

Offline Beimeith

• Premium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 10:32:02 PM »
Gamparse isn't digitally signed (costs money I don't want to pay) which means when you run it the first time Windows is supposed to ask your permission to run it, but Microsoft broke that and it isn't asking, it's just silently preventing it from launching.

A temporary fix is to disable the app checker. Start > Smartscreen > App & Browser control > Check apps and files > off. (It should be on warn, but this setting is apparently broken...)

Once it is off you should be able to start GamParse.

Then you can go back and change the setting back to "warn" and everything should work normally. Once you do it the first time, you shouldn't have to mess with the setting again.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 05:31:54 AM by Beimeith »