Comments - Older Guides > The Burning Lands

Trial of the Wending Ways

<< < (2/3) > >>

Battileur:
The named don't hit too hard but take forever to kill, especially the Fire one. From chest I got Happy Stone (aug type 7), Ornamental Dagger (range item) and Weeping Undefeated Heaven arms

Ophyllia:

--- Quote ---The most portal types you see around the area, determines which ambassador to fight next. You can also invis past the trash mobs
--- End quote ---

This is correct, it is not based on the first portal you see when you request. It is based on the most portal types of that element. This pattern continues throughout the trial.

Riou:

--- Quote from: Battileur on December 28, 2018, 06:42:09 AM ---The named don't hit too hard but take forever to kill, especially the Fire one. From chest I got Happy Stone (aug type 7), Ornamental Dagger (range item) and Weeping Undefeated Heaven arms
--- End quote ---

Added, thanks!

Marnic:
White Steam = Lightning
Red Steam = Fire
Blue Steam = Water
Green Steam = Earth

Even if you kill them in right order, its PURE Luck, if you get the achs, as the landing is bugged often. Everytime you land and get ported to entrance of the trial even, you can drop and start new if you need the DonĀ“t Trip Achievement only.

For Just Passing Through you have to hit the flying nilborian while jumping. Maybe luck ach too, or does anyone know a trick?

Tucoh:
Tucoh doing the Wending Ways - Don't Trip achievement after many failures.

I'd feel a lot better about beating it if I could point to some strategy or trick I used that worked reliably. But nope, my advice to anyone trying it is to just keep trying because it's just a probabilistic failure mechanic you need to keep rolling the dice against. I know someone who took 49 attempts to get it.

It's a great example of what happens when developers reach beyond their grasp and implement an objective for the player that requires a buggy system to not bug out in the 100 or so hops you need to do each run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-3iB_B9WaU

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version