Comments - Older Guides > The Burning Lands

Trial of the Wending Ways

(1/3) > >>

Riou:
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://tbl.eqresource.com/trialofthewendingways.php

Galamann:
I don't think I fully understand the mechanics of this, but we killed Water -> Wind -> Fire -> Earth (I think). Bosses have a ton of hit points. You get a bunch of items at the end.

Riou:

--- Quote from: Galamann on December 11, 2018, 06:40:22 PM ---I don't think I fully understand the mechanics of this, but we killed Water -> Wind -> Fire -> Earth (I think). Bosses have a ton of hit points. You get a bunch of items at the end.

--- End quote ---

It's unique every time you do it the order. If you can see particles the first portal pad you see has a specific element type attached that determines which you need to kill first.

You can also trial and error it just running into them until one doesn't bounce you, BUT I think there is an achievement to get bounced 0 times

Yraen:
Have to use the jump pads to get around to the various rooms.

Water (Flowing Unconquered Guard)
-No scripted effects
-Fairly resistant
-Casts "Water Draw": Single target DD that heals the NPC

Air (Blustering Stalwart Screen)
-No scripted effects
-VERY resistant
-Casts "Static Expulsion": PB AE DD

Stone (Obsidian Undefeated Shield)
-Splits into 2 adds at 50%
--Obsidian Fragment
--Obsidian Shard: Mezzable
--Kill both adds and fight is over

Fire (Blazing Triumphant Bulwark)
-Takes no damage at the start
-Three braziers around the edges of the room
-Drag NPC inside brazier to receive emotes
--Blazing Triumphant Bulwark gains solidity.
---Can start to take damage
--Blazing Triumphant Bulwark becomes insubstantial, locked into his current form.
---Immune to damage
--One other emote that I did not catch
---Occurs after ~3 "gains solidity" emotes
---Seems to allow about 25% damage to NPC per emote. Possibly once per brazier

Vumad:
I am not sure the information about the target selection is correct.

The top information states, "The portal you first see at start in the West entrance, determines which ambassador to fight next."

This was not my experience. Last night, west was earth but we got punted from earth. However, from the south 2 portals (Wind and fire) were water and earth was earth. The correct mob was water. Later on the west entrance was fire, but we got punted from fire. The south zone in had 2 portals that were air (again air and fire) while the earth was earth. The correct mob was air.

On earth neither mob is charmable.

On fire, the 25% is not accurate. We had our lock at 56%. I believe the % is either random or timed based or something else.

Do not plan on slowing air by ENC or slow belt even with resist modifiers, not sure about SHM. The first time through we had a top raid paladin and a top group cleric and it went fine. The second time through we had a raid tank and a group cleric and wiped. The second group after wipe the necro left so we did the event with a merc cleric (the real cleric stayed) and won. Plan on either a strong tank/healer or go with 2 healers and accept the slower DPS.

Falling into the middle will port you to a safe spot, but costs you an achievement.

Nothing sees invis, so invis after hail and stay invis until engage. Named can aggro to portal so try to rebuff/rez at hail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version