Author Topic: The Foundation  (Read 2735 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
The Foundation
« on: January 19, 2020, 04:23:38 AM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://tov.eqresource.com/thefoundation.php

Offline Tanise

• Premium Member
Re: The Foundation
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 05:35:50 AM »
Finished evolving earring 2 and he wont speak to me. When I say the foundation to him I get some stupid emote that he stares at me.

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 06:12:41 AM »
Finished evolving earring 2 and he wont speak to me. When I say the foundation to him I get some stupid emote that he stares at me.

I wonder if you need the proper achievements to request the task too that are also on the evolving it part, for all the quests in the chain

Offline Tanise

• Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 07:00:14 AM »
I wonder if you need the proper achievements to request the task too that are also on the evolving it part, for all the quests in the chain

Yeah. I couldn't find his text from the end of the last task, and I had been slacking on copy/deleting my log so it was 1.3gb and thus was difficult to open. Finally found it. Appears you need all Merc achievements. I haven't finished ToFS yet. Should add that as a Task Requirement.

Though (/rant on) kinda lame that I need a merc achievement for a zone that this task isn't taking part in. Would have been nice if the merc requirements were only up to the zones the task is set for (GD.) Though coding that would probably be a nightmare.

Offline Battileur

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 03:41:20 AM »
The bad news is that you do need to complete all the mercenary tasks, the good news is that you get 10% normal experience for completing them in each zone and another 16% for completing them all, so you gain nearly a full normal level doing them. The only ones that can be a pain are in the Tower where you need access to the 5th and 2nd floors but go there when it's busy and you may find some kind person to COH you to those floors...

Offline Xantithor

• Premium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 05:25:46 PM »
Step 6: Explore the weaknesses of the giant fort 0/5 (The Eastern Wastes)

That's actually in The Great Divide

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 05:47:07 PM »
Step 6: Explore the weaknesses of the giant fort 0/5 (The Eastern Wastes)

That's actually in The Great Divide

Updated, thanks!

Offline Uuvin

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 05:00:18 PM »
CRUSHED GLOWING CRYSTALIZED VELIUM -that's when you combine the 7 glowing crystals - is 200 trivial. The Powdered Glowing Crystallized Velium is 300 trivial

Offline Pani

• Premium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2020, 10:46:13 AM »
Everyone in group can have quest, and you only get one Wyvren spawn. The update the dragon circle does not happen until after the kill.

Offline Uuvin

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2020, 12:18:57 PM »
tired of being asked this question in guild so here goes :

in the far south east part of greater divide is a cave of coldains. it is also where the dervishes spawn now. but the last cave is where laima rotgur spawns. in that last cave , there are crystals on the ground. if you clear around them, you can then equip ( primary) the chisel and just walk over the crystals and an item pops in your curser. do that to 7 different crystals ( or use the cheat method) to complete that step.

cheat method = go into that room, go far east as you can. then north. there is a single crystal with no mobs around it. you can walk over that one to get a crystal without killing anything. then you camp out and repeat until you get all 7

Offline Irontree

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2021, 11:06:02 PM »

Collect 7 Glowing Crystallized Velium(s) 0/7 (The Great Divide)
Kill mobs and walk over crystals with the chisel equipped in the South East mines

Please add that you need to go to the last room of the caves in order to do this step, other crystals in different rooms will NOT work

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2021, 10:24:21 AM »

Collect 7 Glowing Crystallized Velium(s) 0/7 (The Great Divide)
Kill mobs and walk over crystals with the chisel equipped in the South East mines

Please add that you need to go to the last room of the caves in order to do this step, other crystals in different rooms will NOT work

Thanks, added a note about the final room