Author Topic: Secrets to flowing water.  (Read 2780 times)

Offline Treeflower

Secrets to flowing water.
« on: September 15, 2012, 12:50:07 PM »
Okay so I'm a little out of the loop when it comes to EQ housing (Skyrim housing on the other hand, totes a pro!) and I don't know if people have been playing with the VoA added housing items like I have. They're really good, and are extremely versatile. Aside from the rocky bases of those floating towers, my downright favorite item is the Water-Prism Relic that can be used to make effects like flowing water, as seen here: It is hard to see in a screenshot, but the water "moves" in a current throughout the room.

What makes it convenient is that the water is flowing down into the shell, so it is easy to embed the shell into whatever you are running water off of. It can be made rather large (only slightly shorter than the height of the ceilings in a 3-room house) to create the illusion of a single flowing entity (not to mention these things are a bit pricey).

Here's a tip for using it as water: work on twisting the shell in whichever direction you want it to be (to hide the base for example) before expanding/ laying down the relic.
All homes in Dread Empire Village, Bertoxx-Saryn server.

Offline Vinney

Re: Secrets to flowing water.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 08:09:50 AM »
When housing 1st started and there was a lack of a lot of things we had to be creative. it has became better but SoE could do a ton more and make more station cash but that would be another forum. What we used a lot was "Potameid Dagger" easy to get in mesa. Kind of hurts the fairy faction but well worth the effect:

Also would be nice if SoE would allow Aug Tables to be place in private houses.