Author Topic: October 4, 2022 - Producers Letter October 2022  (Read 6133 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
October 4, 2022 - Producers Letter October 2022
« on: October 04, 2022, 02:37:15 PM »
2022 is flying along and this year has been amazing! Since the last letter, we've adventured with Living Legacy Raids, earned some ancient items and elusive achievements during Stone Cold Summer, enjoyed some in-game bonuses, and released level 100 Heroic Characters. Whew, that's a lot! But we're not done and have some big plans for what's to come.

I want to point out our discount event going on right now for Terror of Luclin. Your last day to get these items at these prices is October 10, 2022. You know the time of year that we're entering (expansion season), and we really want to see everyone get as prepared as possible for what's to come! Before I dive into that, though, let's review what has already happened and what's remaining on this year's roadmap.

2022 Roadmap Update:

Completed:
        July:
            Server Merge of Phinigel and Miragul to Vox
            New Overseer Achievements and Reward Improvements - Through Account-Wide Achievements for Events
        September:
            Heroic Characters Update - New Heroic Characters start at level 100
            Time-Locked Progression Server Expansion Unlocks Moved to Thursdays
    Coming Up Soon:
        October:
            2022's Expansion Beta + Preorder
            New Content for Nights of the Dead
        November:
            Extra Life - Help us raise funds for the Children's Miracle Network
            New Content for Feast of Giving
        December:
            2022's Expansion Launch
            New Content for the New Year's Event

We're partnering with Extra Life again this year to help raise funds for Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego. Donations go to the selected children's hospital that the fundraiser selects, so if you'd like to help raise funds for a different hospital join the Darkpaw Games fundraising team and select that hospital. Children's hospitals perform such an important role in our communities. They literally are the difference between life and death for some children. On a very personal note, my family would look very different today if not for the lifesaving services that Rady Children's Hospital provided. The official Extra Life Game Day is November 5, 2022, and we have some plans to make this year bigger than before. Stay tuned for that update!

Okay, now onto the things you've probably been waiting for. Starting on October 11, 2022, beta for the next expansion begins! It's going to be your first chance to get a sneak peek, help us test, and earn yourself a sweet beta reward. This is also the same day pre-orders for the next expansion will open, so you can reserve it and get that pre-order bonus for yourself before it goes live. Lead the charge!

Speaking of expansion, expansion, expansion... I'm so excited to reveal the name and logo. Break out a torch and be sure you're armed and ready: Night of Shadows is coming!

Spoiler alert! There will be no spoiler alerts. You'll have to jump onto Beta or wait for our official announcements to learn more. Rest assured that, yes, shadowy dangers and challenges are about to unfold.

2022 is nearly long-and-gone but don't get too comfortable as we approach our holiday season. There are still plenty of in-game events to accomplish and roadmap milestones to be met. Thank you again, my friends, for all your involvement, dedication, and passion!

Can you owlbear the wait for Night of Shadows?

Head of Studio
Jenn Chan
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 04:57:19 PM by Riou »