Author Topic: The Handmaiden  (Read 4335 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
The Handmaiden
« on: November 01, 2015, 02:43:01 PM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://tbm.eqresource.com/thehandmaiden.php

Offline Telkari

Re: The Handmaiden
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 01:05:02 PM »
This mission's named is Arsin the Blaze.

Offline Caell

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 09:43:08 PM »
Place holder: an enraged follower -870.26, 78.78, -12.21

Offline Lenny

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 05:53:05 PM »
"Defeat the fanatics!" This part really sucks. Fighting on that platform is a pain. It keeps opening and closing. They do not spawn evenly. We got two then like 4 more at once then 2 more right after. Then some go in the hole, some don't make it up onto the platform. Chanter gets the 'cannot see your target' message.

What a horrible task design. Just like most the rest of this expansion.

Offline startrek41

• Premium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 08:07:00 PM »
Speak with the handmaiden Yesha 0/1 (Sul Vius: Demiplane of Life)
under the stature.

Offline william

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 02:04:40 AM »
Group composed of all 105th level: Shadowknight, Necro, Shaman, BST,Mage Cleric.
Second run; SK, MoNK, Shaman, Ranger, Tank merc, cleric

The first part of the mission, up top, is super easy. Have SK grab the mission and loot the skull when it
drops ....

Clear all mobs in statue room and below statue room.

Position SK at the Statue.

Position everyone else up on largest rock in room, the one attached to the zone wall. No aggro from that
spot.

Have SK start the ritual and FD. Then leave him there ... Do not stand up or do anything else with the FD
toon. Another FD class can do this as well. This FDed character will stay FDed for the entire event.

The Fanatics spawn in groups of 2/3/2/2/1 with the last being the tough one.

Tank and Cleric mercs set to Passive.

On each spawn,

1st run; I used necro to Snare and Punt away

I AA snared with Ranger, then punted them off with Flusterbolt / Blusterbolt + Cover Tracks
as needed. Punt them off in different directions to split them up. Your goal here is to set up the mobs
for easy, fast pulls.

After the 4th spawn (2 mobs) are taken care of like this, and all aggro is cleared, move everyone EXCEPT
FDed character carefully under the ramp, or to a spot where you can fight without gaining adds.

Set Mercs to Aggressive and Reactive, and pull each of the fanatics in order of spawn, as their snare
timers will be the oldest ... First rn i pet tanked all

Once all these are killed, be ready for the red fanatic ..
1st run: i pet tanked him

He has an effect called Spite which =

1: Decrease Hitpoints by 25000 per tick
2: Decrease Current Mana by 11417 (L1) to 158785 (L105) per tick

Mana: 0 Casting Time: 0 Recast Time: 0 Fizzle Time: 0
Resist: Chromatic [Lowest] Resist Adjust: -990
Range: 600 Location: Any
Time of Day: Any Interruptable: No
Short Buff Box: No Target Type: NPC Hatelist
Spell Type: Detrimental Category: Unknown(0)
Source: Live 03/11

I noticed that Spite also drained our Endurance, making Burns problematic ... one of those use it or loose
it scenarios ... If your Endurance gets low you can attempt to get some back with Breather disc.

Shammy should have RC up and 105th level Cure spell up.

Pull last Fanatic and get it prepped quickly. Go full burn ASAP. Drop as much of your mana and endurance
as you can. This was problematic with Ranger as he kept taking aggro from Merc ... had to turn attack off
and use Cover Tracks to clear hate list.

When it uses Spite, cure with RC + Blood of Rivan's. I was not able to cure Spite again as two castings
of Blood of Rivan's was not enough. Seemed strange to me ...

I used longest duration Disease Dots from Shammy when Fanatic was half dead in case we wiped so maybe we'd
get lucky and the DoTs would finish Fanatic off .... Also had to use Canni AA and Spell in order to have
mana at one point in the fight.

Speak with the Handmaiden.

Turn the baton in for the finish.

Oh, and once the last fanatic is dead, the napping SK was allowed to get up :)

Luckily we got it done though. Chest dropped same loot as much easier missions ... Boooo.

Good luck and good hunting !!

Offline Metanis

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 02:17:23 PM »
Render or it's PH will spawn right at the very beginning of the event, Under the Robe, in it's normal spot. Since that area is blocked you have to use the tunnels to get there!

Offline CrimsonKing

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 08:26:22 AM »
If you do not have a FD class, this is a pain. However, easiest way to remedy that is my a FD potion (planar overdose) and just park a toon on the platform.

when 7 mobs are down, the named/final mob will actually spawn first (as mob #8) and path around for a few. Maybe 60? sec later, the final 2 regular mobs will pop as well. From the guide outlined above, we stayed under the stairs and pulled mobs there. Hung out here while named path around, waiting for last 2 mobs to pop. Once they did, just solo pull them and kill named last. Even at 110, 35k AA's and full TBL T2/GMM gear, the mana drain is a beast and took most toons to oom by the time he was dead. Go full offensive and just burn him down or toons/mercs will be oom quickly.

Offline Uuvin

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2020, 11:37:39 AM »
Collectibles: found them in and around the mayor house and in the cemetery area inside crypts and outside buildings

Offline abnormalq

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2020, 03:47:29 AM »
We tried this mission 5 times and it still bugs at Statue of Eternity, but we finally got this down:
Position the person with a Skull+Baton right in front of statue and have him not move before you kill all required mobs.
Any other group member can move around. (We had a ranger holding the items since he could still shoot his bow and deliver dps.)
-3 times we failed because person with skull & baton stood on side of statue and skull just disappears after first wave (2 fanatics).
-1 time we failed because we opened chest to early when handing in baton to mayor, so the task didn't update to new stage.
-1 time with everything going good - had tank pull mobs just over the bridge and ranger + casters stay on statue worked like a charm.
-Handmaiden Yesha that spawns after you kill fanatics looks like a skull, and can appear on stairway passage under statue (2 out of 5 times for us)

hope this helps and GL on your run. ;)

Offline Billiam69

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2023, 04:05:15 PM »
Group composed of all 105th level: Shadowknight, Necro, Shaman, BST,Mage Cleric.
Second run; SK, MoNK, Shaman, Ranger, Tank merc, cleric

The first part of the mission, up top, is super easy. Have SK grab the mission and loot the skull when it
drops ....

Clear all mobs in statue room and below statue room.

Position SK at the Statue.

Position everyone else up on largest rock in room, the one attached to the zone wall. No aggro from that
spot.

Have SK start the ritual and FD. Then leave him there ... Do not stand up or do anything else with the FD
toon. Another FD class can do this as well. This FDed character will stay FDed for the entire event.

The Fanatics spawn in groups of 2/3/2/2/1 with the last being the tough one.

Tank and Cleric mercs set to Passive.

On each spawn,

1st run; I used necro to Snare and Punt away

I AA snared with Ranger, then punted them off with Flusterbolt / Blusterbolt + Cover Tracks
as needed. Punt them off in different directions to split them up. Your goal here is to set up the mobs
for easy, fast pulls.

After the 4th spawn (2 mobs) are taken care of like this, and all aggro is cleared, move everyone EXCEPT
FDed character carefully under the ramp, or to a spot where you can fight without gaining adds.

Set Mercs to Aggressive and Reactive, and pull each of the fanatics in order of spawn, as their snare
timers will be the oldest ... First rn i pet tanked all

Once all these are killed, be ready for the red fanatic ..
1st run: i pet tanked him

He has an effect called Spite which =

1: Decrease Hitpoints by 25000 per tick
2: Decrease Current Mana by 11417 (L1) to 158785 (L105) per tick

Mana: 0 Casting Time: 0 Recast Time: 0 Fizzle Time: 0
Resist: Chromatic [Lowest] Resist Adjust: -990
Range: 600 Location: Any
Time of Day: Any Interruptable: No
Short Buff Box: No Target Type: NPC Hatelist
Spell Type: Detrimental Category: Unknown(0)
Source: Live 03/11

I noticed that Spite also drained our Endurance, making Burns problematic ... one of those use it or loose
it scenarios ... If your Endurance gets low you can attempt to get some back with Breather disc.

Shammy should have RC up and 105th level Cure spell up.

Pull last Fanatic and get it prepped quickly. Go full burn ASAP. Drop as much of your mana and endurance
as you can. This was problematic with Ranger as he kept taking aggro from Merc ... had to turn attack off
and use Cover Tracks to clear hate list.

When it uses Spite, cure with RC + Blood of Rivan's. I was not able to cure Spite again as two castings
of Blood of Rivan's was not enough. Seemed strange to me ...

I used longest duration Disease Dots from Shammy when Fanatic was half dead in case we wiped so maybe we'd
get lucky and the DoTs would finish Fanatic off .... Also had to use Canni AA and Spell in order to have
mana at one point in the fight.

Speak with the Handmaiden.

Turn the baton in for the finish.

Oh, and once the last fanatic is dead, the napping SK was allowed to get up :)

Luckily we got it done though. Chest dropped same loot as much easier missions ... Boooo.

Good luck and good hunting !!