Author Topic: Serving Another Master  (Read 2908 times)

Online Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Serving Another Master
« on: December 09, 2018, 11:54:02 PM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://tbl.eqresource.com/servinganothermaster.php

Offline Elyssanda

Re: Serving Another Master
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 10:59:38 PM »
[Thu Dec 13 21:20:01 2018] A pyre armor judges you amiably -- looks like it would wipe the floor with you! (Lvl: 112)
[Thu Dec 13 21:20:03 2018] You say, 'where is Ghost Ruby?'
[Thu Dec 13 21:20:03 2018] A pyre armor says, 'Don't speak to me of that... creature! He has [ruined] so many under the guise of protecting the queen!'
[Thu Dec 13 21:20:05 2018] You say, 'ruined'
[Thu Dec 13 21:20:05 2018] A pyre armor says, 'He decides, based on a whim, who is guilty and who is not. Then he makes them look guilty. A close friend of mine was one of his victims. He decided that he didn't like something he said and so he told the king that my friend had signed a contract with an ondine to help them access the palace to kill the queen! I haven't seen my friend since. I would love to teach that Ghost Ruby a [lesson].'
[Thu Dec 13 21:20:07 2018] You say, 'lesson'
[Thu Dec 13 21:20:07 2018] A pyre armor says, 'I don't know, maybe set him up with one of his own tricks. Maybe I tell him a secret, like that some efreeti are going to help some mortals kill someone or something like that. Then you just wait at the [spot] until Ghost Ruby shows up to identify the traitors, and you kill him. It's the only way to get the coward to come out of hiding, tempt him with the opportunity to destroy the lives of an efreeti or two.'
 [Thu Dec 13 21:20:13 2018] You say, 'spot'
[Thu Dec 13 21:20:13 2018] A pyre armor says, 'I'll tell him that the meeting is taking place in the ravine on the northern side of Esianti. Don't screw this up, you're risking my life as much as yours. Now leave. I will not acknowledge that we ever spoke.'
(kill Ghost Ruby)
 [Thu Dec 13 21:23:53 2018] Ghost Ruby's corpse drops to the earth.
[Thu Dec 13 21:23:53 2018] You have slain Ghost Ruby!
 [Thu Dec 13 21:24:13 2018] has looted a Head of Ghost Ruby.—
Turn in Ghost Ruby’s head to Silent Sun
 [Thu Dec 13 21:25:19 2018] Silent Sun says, 'You have succeeded. I thank you. Please give this muhbis to Obsidian Sundering Master along with this note.'
[Thu Dec 13 21:25:19 2018] Your task 'Serving Another Master' has been updated.

Offline Elyssanda

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 03:51:00 PM »
Alternate spot with another group

"An efreeti ambassador says, 'I don't know, maybe set him up with one of his own tricks. Maybe I tell him a secret, like that some efreeti are going to help some mortals kill someone or something like that. Then you just wait at the [spot] until Ghost Ruby shows up to identify the traitors, and you kill him. It's the only way to get the coward to come out of hiding, tempt him with the opportunity to destroy the lives of an efreeti or two.'
 You say, 'spot'
 An efreeti ambassador says, 'How about I tell him that this secret meeting is happening behind Confluence of Gracious Incandescence. You know, big building with red windows and all the efreeti in it? I hope I don't have to remind you how much I am risking helping you here, do I? Now leave. I will not acknowledge that we ever spoke.'

Offline Yraen

• Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 08:58:39 PM »
If you do not have the faction to speak to fire mobs, but have access to a character that has not done anything in the expansion to affect their faction, you can use sneak+Alliance effects to do the messages without getting attacked when they turn to face you
Erollisi.Andien
Erollisi.Syylke
Erollisi.Yraen

Offline Paruaa

• Premium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 10:52:52 PM »
The lockout is closer to 4-5hr BTW.

Online Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 11:36:12 PM »
The lockout is closer to 4-5hr BTW.

Thanks, I updated it, it should be 6 hr base then since it counts from request

Offline amyriel86

• Premium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 12:28:04 PM »
In step #3, if you get this response: 'An efreeti ambassador says, 'Look for him behind the mortal embassy, the place called Fastness of Transient Light...' It means Ruby is standing to the south-east of the south-east building (with the Norrathians).

Offline startrek41

• Premium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 11:55:39 AM »
Warning: the person who turns in the Ghost Ruby might not be the person who gets the Dark Ruby Muhbis.

Offline darkwater

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 02:23:21 AM »
3rd step, finally found a mob that would talk, took about 30-50 kills, and faction was ruined. Mobs would not respong to the next key phrase "ruined" A way around that is just to /say spot and the step was salvaged.

Offline Xcelon

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2020, 01:34:19 PM »
how do you fix faction been hailing people all day and just get attacked Sneak and Allinace do not work even though only Doub, I did get one to respond and soon as I clicked the first link he attacked so think you cant be dub and sneaking and alliance is not doing it.

Online Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2020, 04:24:08 PM »
how do you fix faction been hailing people all day and just get attacked Sneak and Allinace do not work even though only Doub, I did get one to respond and soon as I clicked the first link he attacked so think you cant be dub and sneaking and alliance is not doing it.

If you sneak you have to be behind them (they will con indifferent) to say each phrase then re adjust to the back each time it turns to talk to you

Otherwise you need to know what faction the mob is on (each djinn side is on its own faction) and just kill any of the 3 sides that aren't it