Author Topic: EQResource Wall Sign Giveaway - Bard LED Sign  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
EQResource Wall Sign Giveaway - Bard LED Sign
« on: August 23, 2022, 07:51:58 PM »

EQResource Wall Sign Giveaway - Bard LED Sign

Be sure to read all the rules by clicking here!

This contest is sponsored by Timber & Twine!  Be sure to check out their Etsy shop!

For this contest we want to hear about your most memorable experience playing a Bard!  Was it clearing Plane of Time for the first time with your guild?  Perhaps finishing your 2.0?  Whatever it was, tell us all about it!  You can include as much or as little detail as you like.  All entries will be randomed on 12/13/2022 to determine a winner.  Good luck!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 08:29:12 PM by Rorce »

Offline Strumph

Re: EQResource Wall Sign Giveaway - Bard LED Sign
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 05:23:07 PM »
Really the first post?!?!? Well the bard is not my main, but really close. Hell I raid on her mainly. I've only played since they gave us the free heroics in 2020 and they are great fun!

With that said I just really remember her dying A LOT when I decided to start pulling with her. At that time I had pulled on my ranger for 18 years, so a little different tools. I finally got it down and now prefer to pull with the bard and she rarely dies on pulls.

Also I remember the first time she dotted herself... yeah there's no surviving that unless you are real quick : )

Offline Kinlin

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 03:12:49 PM »
I posted on the ranger side about how when I came back during HoT a friend of mine taught me how to box. and my first box character was a bard. She was great for melody at first, following my ranger and mercs around, but then I started to really get into the utility of the class. Pulling was a lot of fun on my range but became even better on my bard, she was a jack of all trades. My favorite memory as a bard though is when I started playing TLP servers and was able to solely focus on playing my bard in a group. We were in a mistmoore camp and the puller had overpulled a bunch of dark elves. On incoming, we all thought there were going to be some major casualties but we stayed and fought anyway. I remember mezzing 2 DEs, charming and other and still trying to keep my haste song going in between. At that point, I really fell in love with playing a bard and everything I could do with one class in a group.

Offline Narwhale

• Narwhale Twitch
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 08:14:32 PM »
My most memorable experience as a bard was during the Ruins of Kunark. The Sebelisssess zone was completely full and Trakanon was up, but our servers guilds were so bad that he had been up for a few days. I really wanted to level up to but froglok jin shaman #3 and froglok was jailer. So I could not make the big exps.

I decided to use my pick lockers, and ran past the NGE camps, and went into the crypt to try to ninja loot Sionche's Epic Awsome BRD weapon from rot loot. But The Heirophant and Chottals was deddded and I culd not loot it. Back to the original problem... I wanted the xps. Well all the camps was taked.

I decide it was a good idea to ae fear kite in crypt. This is the dayz before the invent of extended targets, but i knew what I were doing. I aggro Tolapmuj and he then aggro the Dragon, I then ran to the zone in on purpose to help clear the zone so I could get a camp and open up froglok thicccc knight #2.

Well this was awesome the dragon came to the zone in and killed everyone along the way. And then I ran for the real exit and watched the people die as I zoned out. I sat at the entrance of Sebooliss and watched as people got irate in the JUNGL. I wish I was playing Teemo at the time, because everyone hates Teemo.

There were so many clerics rezzing people and dying, and saying that if they every found out who. Then they wuld defintely not ever play with them again. I later was guilded with the cleric in a guild named Oryx.

So this was not the last time that I tilted this cleric. But that is a tale for another song.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 08:18:49 PM by Narwhale »

Offline Moggwai

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 05:23:08 PM »
This post is for "my" bard <3

Here is a bit of our story.

My roommate played this game I had never heard of, he convinced me to play a cleric to help his friends (I had never played any PC game). While playing I kept seeing this silly Werewolf running around my screen and I asked what it was. Well, it turns out it was "my" bard. I just didn't know it yet.

We grouped together, we chatted, we fell for each other. And one night on an EQ "date" he took me to Tranquility and while we were watching the sunset from on top of a rock he sent me my favorite tell I have ever received. He told me he was in love with me.

I moved to the US from Canada, we were married, have 3 children and still play this same game together only now as a Guild Leader and a Raid leader.

I love my bard, with everything in my being. He is every bit the character he plays, and I love that about him. He is a sweet song and kind note, a helpful tune and a cheesy chord.

I am his cleric and he is my bard. 

Offline Xplorr

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 06:11:58 PM »
My bard has been my main since 1999.

My most memorable time playing him has got to be making to journey to Lower Guk to collect my mask of deception at level 25. I can still navigate to the ass/sup room from the entrance to upper guk with my eyes closed. After many white knuckle attempts to get down there, way under leveled and under geared, I finally picked up a rotting mask of deception and my first weight reduction bag. I also got some Shin Leggings, which were an upgrade at the time and a piece needed for the Lambent legs.

Good times playing that bard for the last 23 years!

Offline seams

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2022, 06:23:31 PM »
Most memorable for me with playing a bard would be when I first started to learn to pull. It was in house of Thule and ended up training myself more times than i can count before I finally got a hand of it.  Was a ton of fun though.

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2022, 10:41:09 PM »
This contest has ended.  Strumph is our big winner!  Thanks to all who entered :)