Author Topic: March 15, 2021 - Producer's Letter  (Read 12408 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
March 15, 2021 - Producer's Letter
« on: March 15, 2021, 02:46:12 PM »
Well Met Norrath!

It's been a bit of time since we last spoke, and I thought there wouldn't be a better time than before our 22nd Anniversary.

It's been almost a year since I was introduced to you as the Head of Studio for Darkpaw, and it's certainly been an interesting one. I wanted to take a moment to reflect on the past year as well as the last 22 years that y'all have been part of our lives.

I'd like to first take a moment to recognize Alan VanCouvering, who you all know better as Absor, he has spent 20 years as part of the EverQuest family and we couldn't make Norrath what it is without him.

I'm excited to share that we've hired several more designers and engineers to once again fill the ranks of the Faceless Ones. While you may have already seen the work of a few the others are deep in training learning the ins and outs of our code and the wends and ways of our stories. I can't wait for you to see the fruits of their labor. Stay tuned, there are more things on the horizon. If you are interested in joining the Faceless Ones, please be sure to check out our eldritch links, we're looking for heroic and creative souls to join our ranks.

Last year we switched up the previous release cadence of our TLPs for the launches of Aradune and Rizlona. We have decided to shift our launch window again this year, and we will be merging an additional server. Keep an eye out on the news and announcements forum for more information in the coming months.

And last but not least, we're celebrating 22 years of Norrath. In addition to previously released anniversary bonus, quests and missions, we're also introducing two new quests, a brand new mission, new rewards, and new merchant vendor items. Finally, if you are an All Access member and log in between March 16 at 12 AM PDT and April 20 at 10 PM PDT, you will receive an XP potion, the Othmir Fez, and one Hero's Forge unlocker!

It is both a thrill and an amazing blessing to think about the fact that we've had 22 years of sharing stories and adventures together and there are many more to come.

Eyes On The Horizon,
Jenn Chan

Head of Studio, Darkpaw Games