Author Topic: Cleansing the Ground  (Read 3796 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Cleansing the Ground
« on: March 14, 2015, 08:30:02 AM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://special.eqresource.com/cleansingtheground.php

Offline Naewizzy

Re: Cleansing the Ground
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 01:31:57 AM »
To collect the bonus:

On the step that says: "Swim to the deepest part of the lake and use the potions you've created 0/1 (The Grounds)", you must click the potion while swimming in the lake. If you click the potion on an area that is NOT the deepest part of the lake, you receive the message "You are not deep enough in the lake." If you keep clicking it in a spot that is NOT deep enough you will eventually receive the message "Your endless attempts to use the potion have caused you to spill some of it. Hopefully there is enough left for it to function properly." When you see this message the bonus item, Cleansing Rod, will appear on your cursor.

Cleansing Rod
Effect: Purified Blood (Casting Time 0.5)
Recast Delay: 1 minute

Purified Blood
Spell Effect: Cleanses the body of your target, curing severe diseases and poisons

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 07:03:02 AM »
To collect the bonus:

On the step that says: "Swim to the deepest part of the lake and use the potions you've created 0/1 (The Grounds)", you must click the potion while swimming in the lake. If you click the potion on an area that is NOT the deepest part of the lake, you receive the message "You are not deep enough in the lake." If you keep clicking it in a spot that is NOT deep enough you will eventually receive the message "Your endless attempts to use the potion have caused you to spill some of it. Hopefully there is enough left for it to function properly." When you see this message the bonus item, Cleansing Rod, will appear on your cursor.

Thanks, I've updated guide with this!

Offline wolfcaller

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 12:30:31 AM »
the Bonecasters in the Mausoleum and through out are nasty and do a Stun for like a minute, really great to have two decent healers for this, we used a Druid (who did an excellent job) and myself the 105 Shamaness

on the step
Stop the hosts before they infect too many of the creatures of the Grounds 0/1 (The Grounds)
the name of the mobs is: infected host

the end name is Goliath Thornhost he is a BIG frog, and has Line of Sight aggro, Summons regardless if you did damage. He despawns and leaves a "thorn frog" to be killed then he re aggro s. I think it was three times this happened, not positive as I was Healing the two tank types and re-slowing the giant frog every time he popped back in.

we had a crack group doing this and there were several deaths also included in the mix was a spawn of fifty frogs to be Kited and picked off to be killed, before we started searching for the INFECTED HOST's
/g the person making the potion gets the rod, if you Fail to stop the infection from spreading across the instance you fail.

I will ask Evill to flesh out the parts I am missing, She put together the group. and everyone in the group did their best, did not give up because fo a a few (several) deaths. and we got the task complete.

PS now to get the stink of those frogs out of my armor

PSS the potion can be clicked on dry land sixteen times to get the rod and void completing the task.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 12:34:40 AM by wolfcaller »
Larul Wolfcaller 115 Shaman
The Silent Minority
The Rathe

ALTS
Iroll Nomoss 114 Ranger
Rabbits InTheHat 115 Magician

Offline Periden

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 01:22:48 PM »
At the end of the task, Jaden Pain's Infected Corpse spawned. He acts like the boss frog. He goes inactive and spawns a cube a few times. Kill cube and work on the boss. Once dead, did not drop anything.

Offline svann

• Premium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 08:01:53 PM »
Had a named spawn after finish.
Namilkman's Infected Corpse
Red, had a fight script like the frog, but dropped nothing. wth

Offline Wildwill

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2022, 06:17:53 AM »
You don't have to do any of the quest steps nor complete it to get the rod: The steps below are a fast way to get it without doing the mission:

Hail Groundskeeper
Hail Giladan
Collect 10 seeds from peponnites (scarecrows)
Collect 5 sap from treants
Collect 3 venom from frogs
Combine 10 seeds into the vial
Combine saps, venoms and seed mash in the container
Run and lev above the lake, then spam click the potion until Cleansing Rod appears on your cursor