Author Topic: Day 1, Veil of Alaris - 7 days of EQResource Anniversary Contests!  (Read 5895 times)

Offline Termination

Re: Day 1, Veil of Alaris - 7 days of EQResource Anniversary Contests!
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2018, 06:13:39 PM »
I enjoyed voa especially because of the race to beat sepulcher 5, i was in bots at the time and we had beaten sepulcher 4, while we were working on sepulcher 5 for the month it took us to beat it, TSM was on our trail! Was awesome.

Offline Abazzagorath

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2018, 06:18:46 PM »
My favorite part of Veil of Alaris was finally finishing the Triunity after slogging through guild membership upheavals and constantly having 35-40 people online, seemingly overnight after running 65+ on every night for several years.

Not too big a fan of the fact it functionally killed Triality.

Offline Provolone

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2018, 09:45:08 PM »
My favorite part was in Sarith getting attacked by The Kraken.

Offline playful

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2018, 10:33:14 PM »
I was new to the game during this time so it was just making friends and just learning the ins and outs of the game. I was also a ranger, so it was extra fun, dying all the time haha.

Offline Tarace

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2018, 10:38:52 PM »
I played VoA for few days to do the progression then I took a big break until 2 months ago. The only good part of VoA was you creating eqresource I guess, otherwise I'd be lost after all these years worth of expansions to do ;D

Offline Szilent

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2018, 04:25:27 AM »
Going to go with - spiral roulette. I've never once walked down the ramp from city to ground in Argath

Resplendent Temple was my favorite zone, just for being a pleasant environment

Offline melemayhem

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2018, 04:48:45 AM »
I liked the group game of voa, the group gear was pefectly fine for the group content

Offline Jamsandwich

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2018, 05:10:36 AM »
Congrats and thankyou EQResource for your 7 years of supporting the EQ community.

I think what gave me the best buzz (and still does) was Argath and how it was designed. Just sitting back and actually watching the dynamic of the constant battle between the 2 opposing factions in the zone. The line of 'good' troops defending the ramparts with catapults and rows of soldiers lining the defensive points.
The bad guys using their own catapults throwing visible missiles at the fortifications and the way the missiles impact on the walls, the 'bad' guys controlling the pit areas and them spreading to the top levels as well.
it just gave me the feeling of an ongoing epic. The designers/developers should take a bow for this zone. The way it continues into the valley area, you have Argath sitting above the valley and the valley being (IMO) a staging area for the forces of evil (oh the poor farmers..)
the way in some of the zones the good verse evil was repeated (above and below theme).

Favorite mob, the named tree in the Valley...casters beware :)

Regards
Jam.

Offline Nolrog

• Premium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2018, 05:21:57 AM »
The thing I remember about VoA was the language and having to do quests to learn it. That was something different.

Offline Yinla

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2018, 05:40:51 AM »
Jumping out of the window!

Many hated that raid and mission, but I enjoyed it! Something different from the usual raid/missions

Offline Travestii

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2018, 08:16:35 AM »
After I came back to the game, Valley became my go-to spot for farming XP. My conscience DID have a few words about killing all those farmers tho...