Author Topic: Ironing out the Legion  (Read 3933 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Ironing out the Legion
« on: March 08, 2019, 01:58:07 PM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://tbl.eqresource.com/ironingoutthelegion.php

Offline Paruaa

• Premium Member
Re: Ironing out the Legion
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 07:26:01 PM »

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master

Offline Cailen

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 05:20:20 AM »
step 3 is plural mechanics

Offline dragonarc

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 06:50:07 PM »
step 2. A Legendary clockwork slices me for 22k x4. Boom dead. Rest of group survived but the ticking device started counting down when it hit 280 secs the secretive mechanics shouts " plan B has been enacted". The secretive mechanics shouts, " The plan is nearing completions . This ancient device spreads great amounts of love and comprehension to all! The plan is complete. please waiting..zoning. Guess that means it's timed to kill the devices.

Offline Jamsandwich

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 09:31:22 AM »
hi all,
I (mage mage, chanter, ranger 2 x cleric mercs) made it up to the furnace part of this quest, where you have to kill the 10 busy workers before they destroy the furnace. Started to attack two of the 3 busy mobs that were there, after 20 seconds, they emoted and returned to the furnace full health, then 7 more spawned and they all attacked then all started emoting and returning to their spot, then re attacking me over and over again. eventually the mission failed as they destroyed the furnace.
Any tips for this part, do you have to concentrate on one at a time and burn them down fast, or something else? Any strategies would be helpful if you can share them.
thanks all, loving this zone, but stuck on this one

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 06:48:44 PM »
hi all,
I (mage mage, chanter, ranger 2 x cleric mercs) made it up to the furnace part of this quest, where you have to kill the 10 busy workers before they destroy the furnace. Started to attack two of the 3 busy mobs that were there, after 20 seconds, they emoted and returned to the furnace full health, then 7 more spawned and they all attacked then all started emoting and returning to their spot, then re attacking me over and over again. eventually the mission failed as they destroyed the furnace.
Any tips for this part, do you have to concentrate on one at a time and burn them down fast, or something else? Any strategies would be helpful if you can share them.
thanks all, loving this zone, but stuck on this one

Yea, focus on 1 at a time, they will de activate then reactivate after reactivating they should pretty much be killable before deactivating again

Offline Mahlah Tohsis

• Premium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 07:16:16 PM »
I have never attempted Furnace Fire and she offered this to me (have completed The Darkness Howls, What's Cooking? and At Its Core).

Offline Mahlah Tohsis

• Premium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 07:17:13 PM »
Oops, I mispoke. Apparently, Furnace Fire was too fast to remember. I had that before she offered this task.

Offline Raccoo

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 04:04:19 AM »
Step 6 in furnace room. Keep the mobs agroed (or inactive) so they don't beat on the furnace. If they beat on it too much the mission will be kicked and you'll have to restart. (Super annoying daybreak!!)

Step 3 also can kick the mission if not done correctly. Agro all of the secretive mobs to keep them away from the cannon, or spider or whatever they are trying to do. If you can kill them quick enough can avoid spider going active I think.

Offline Lenny

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 12:52:12 AM »
This site is losing it i think. Worst walk through ever here. go up and kill the security..... go up WHERE?? to where? Maybe a map loc?

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 04:27:28 AM »
This site is losing it i think. Worst walk through ever here. go up and kill the security..... go up WHERE?? to where? Maybe a map loc?

I've added locations for most of the parts, and touched up some of the words, thanks!

Offline 94dgrif

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2020, 06:35:24 PM »
Step 1 is indeed updated by killing the "A ticking device" however it is immune to damage and does not agro until all 4 "a suspicious lookout" mobs that are surrounding its plinth are killed. They assist each other but are not agro-linked and can be singled. The two flying types are not snareable/rootable, the bipedal ones are. Upon first agro with any of these a 500 second timer starts - "A ticking device shouts, 'My work will be complete in 475 seconds.'". Similar announcements every 25 seconds. Nothing remarkable about the fight with the a ticking device.

Offline Nolrog

• Premium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2021, 12:34:18 PM »
This mission is damn near impossible.

Step 3 is easy. Pull the two whirly birds into the first part of the museum and kill them. Then ranged DPS two mechanics you can see. They do not aggro and just stand there and you can kill them. Then enter that part of the museum, which triggers the update, but there is only 1 left to kill. Kill that and the spider doesn't activate.

Where we get stuck is Step 6. We've tried 5 or 6 times now. The last time we ran to the first iron legion guy, started attacking, had 1 add which is fine, then popped all the cooldowns for a quick kill and, they mezzed me and the other ranger with a long 55 second mez, leaving just two boxes and two mercs who quickly died.

We have tried pulling them back but they go inactive walk back to the furnace and heal to full, and when we pull back they come with more than 1 friend.

The timer is pretty sure, and I am not sure when it starts. I think it starts with the last ancient security guard dies in step 5, but I am not sure.