Author Topic: Crestra's Earring Overview  (Read 3800 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Crestra's Earring Overview
« on: December 09, 2017, 09:26:32 PM »
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://ros.eqresource.com/crestrasearring.php

Offline Denial Sinfae

Re: Crestra's Earring Overview
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 02:21:44 AM »
Might want to add at the top where it mentions the final combine to empower it that the final combine CAN BE FAILED. I've requested clarification if this was intended or not, as all empowered combines in EOK were no fail.

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 02:24:41 AM »
Might want to add at the top where it mentions the final combine to empower it that the final combine CAN BE FAILED. I've requested clarification if this was intended or not, as all empowered combines in EOK were no fail.

Added note after, thanks

Offline Denial Sinfae

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 02:30:37 PM »
Update from Ngreth:

"Yes. The Crestra's Empowered Elegant Earring combine is intentionally failable. And if you Fail you get the Crestra's Elegant Earring back. The failure chance is LOW if you have a 300 skill but non-zero. (Around 3% (not exact) fail chance at 300 skill)

Other Raid FINAL combines are no fail.
Other raid SUB combines are not no-fail AND high skill. They also sometimes return the diamond. Sometimes they only return the crushed diamond dust, but this is on the "alt fail" which is when you miss the fail the combine but only by 5."

Offline Denial Sinfae

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 04:02:47 PM »
Update part 2:

"And the fail chance on the earring is higher than I mentioned. I realized I missed a bit of math when speaking with you. But it is still relatively low. And still intentional "

Offline Metanis

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 10:49:49 AM »
As of the 1/17/18 patch you can no longer pre-loot the "collection" updates. Yes, you can pre-loot for the actual tradeskilling but you won't get credit for the collect unless you actually take the item off the killed mob. No more handing in the pieces to Cresta to get your collect updates.

Offline Metanis

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 04:39:07 PM »
Today I'm reading on the DBG Veteran's boards that collection pieces can still be traded but it must be the zone in which it was intended for you to loot that piece. There was some sort of change to back-end code at DBG that made this change in behavior.

Offline Greym Greymantle

• Premium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 11:38:37 AM »
As of the 18 April patch, all of the T/S combines for this now require a min skill of 300, other than fishing.